Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Dock board Vehicle Passes.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Dock board Vehicle Passes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dock board Vehicle Passes.   Dock board Vehicle Passes. Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 22:03

Cheers Ian. I raised the matter so none of our lads would fall foul. I was down there fishing last night with the pirates and as Jags said we all got our passes checked. Good to see this happpening, keep people on there toes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Dock board Vehicle Passes.   Dock board Vehicle Passes. Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 16:27

Cheers,Ian,
just means now everyone will have to be on their toes,anyone with an invalid pass will be stopped.
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

PostSubject: Dock board Vehicle Passes.   Dock board Vehicle Passes. Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 16:03

Hi Matt
I totally agree with you! The reason for my post was that; on Monday night, a couple of the lads on the opposite side of the room to you, expressed concern about an incident involving several Mersey pirate members, so I said I would look into it for them.

I have PM'd Steve Trish, to let him know what I found, and I promised the others that I would post my findings on the club website. But like I said, it should be common sense, if you have to register your car details with the port police, then if you change your car you naturally should have to inform the police of your new details. Like you, me, and everbody else, we've now become so used to just sailing through the gate, that to be stopped by a bobby doing his job correctly is a novelty. This is no big deal!
Best
Ian
Back to top Go down
JAGS

JAGS

PostSubject: Re: Dock board Vehicle Passes.   Dock board Vehicle Passes. Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 15:53

fished the wall last night and all 25 anglers had there cars and passes check lol!
everyone was upto date though Very Happy one in the eye for the plastics:lol!:
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Dock board Vehicle Passes.   Dock board Vehicle Passes. Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 14:28

Ian, I thought this was common knowledge Shocked ,our kid changed his car last year,then phoned Phill Jackson up, to make an appointment to get the pass details etc. changed over to his new car.

At the end of the day,all this pass lark was supposed to be about security etc,although most times we just sailed through the gates without getting stopped, (all the time we have fished the Alex wall we, we have only been stopped once,and that was on the way out,and by customs officers,not the port police)maybe now someone is actually doing the job they are paid to do. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

PostSubject: Dock board Vehicle Passes.   Dock board Vehicle Passes. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 16:57

Hi everyone
I spoke to John Rawlinson, (Kirkby John) about the "Mersey Pirate" club members who recently had their vehicle passes lifted, by the dock police. He told me it was just a storm in a teacup, and that there were not any "bully boy" tactics from the police, when it occurred. When the police checked thier vehicle passes, the registration numbers on those passes did NOT match up with the numbers of the vehicles they were driving. As John said, if you change your vehicle and don't update your vehicle info, registration number, insurance etc' with Phil Jackson, then you take the chance of being caught in a pass check.

When you think about it, that's what the dock police are there for, it's port security, to make sure that they know who's on the dock estate at any given time, and one of the ways they do that is to check people's ID's, fishing passes, vehicle passes etc'. I know it's a pain in the arse; but, if we forget to renew our road tax licences, or any other licence/Pass, we run the risk of falling foul of the law (so called!)

I think what's happened here is because of the fact that the Chief Port Police Officer, Ray Walker, has been given the push, and there is now a "new broom" in place: and we all know what "new brooms" try and do! So, just to make everyone aware of the situation please ensure that, if you change your vehicle, make sure you let Phil Jackson know your new registration number etc'. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding of what happened.Talk soon.
Best
Ian McKay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dock board Vehicle Passes.   Dock board Vehicle Passes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dock board Vehicle Passes.
Page 1 of 1