Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

league match this weekend

Go down 
+6
b5rny
Dave
Tim S
mark a
richie
keith g
10 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

league match this weekend Empty
PostSubject: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 12:59

well boys.it looks like we will finally get out tomorrow at last,,,sunday looks dodgy so if you can fish saturday that would be better....fishing is from 8am till 2pm so everyone in the water at 7.50am please....its your biggest 3 cod and 3 whiting (thats if we catch that much)...sea raider is leading with josam and simply white in 2nd and 3rd... only 1 match left after this so its quite tight at the top! .i am on lates this week so [SO DONT RING THE HOME NUMBER RING MY MOBILE AFTER 7.15 IF YOU NEED TO ..i will post on here at 6.45pm whether the match is on or off but i think it will be on unless the weather changes dramatically... Very Happy we welcome new boat Lol Marie tomorrow with Ritchie and Pete on board trying out their new engine,please make them feel welcome as its always a bit daunting joining a new club and fishing with them for the first time..(they came 2nd in the Wirral Small Boat comp in december) .lets hope the weather stays ok and that we all catch fish! cheers
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 18:03

Hi keith,

Just to let you know Peter and are definately ok for Saturday, look forward to finally getting out. Good luck to everyone fishing Saturday.
Cheers
Richie

Last edited by richie on February 21st 2009, 17:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 18:19

well boys its ON good luck to all for tomorrow,dont be late and dont forget your bait..............

Richie,,nice one will see you and Pete tomorrow,,,,hope robbo stuffs you!
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 18:59

robbo buy a warrior 150? pauline wont let him go fishing for more than 4 days so how can he buy a boat?
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 19:01

Robbo asked me if i fancied the trip but family and lack of quality bait had to pass,
am ok for summer though Laughing
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 19:05

mark the robbo tht we are talking about is andy robbo who works with us,,,not dave the secretary of the club.
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Boat match   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 20:15

Hi Keith, just to let you know we will be there to fish saturday,see you there. Tim & Martin
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 22:26

you all had me wondering who i was then, i would not have a 150 thrown at me, dave (robbo the original)
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2009, 11:01

sorry chaps too many dave robbos.
tight lines today chaps
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: results of todays match   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2009, 18:20

Well we finally got out,weather was cold and a stiff breeze....7 boats from the club fished although only 3 were in the water for 8am start Evil or Very Mad fishing was extremely slow all day,the wind picked up a bit around noon and the rocks was a bit lumpy to say the least...out of 7 boats fishing, only 5 codling and 2 whiting were weighed in. Shocked there were plenty of other boats out and at least 6 charter boats spread around the river.... the results for today are;
1st Josam 1 codling for 5lb..2nd Sea Raider 1 codling and 2 (dubious )whiting for 4lb 9oz..3rd Hunter 2 with 1 codling of 4lb 6oz..4th Invader 1 codling of 4lb 2oz..5th Lol Marie 1 codling 2lb....simply white and lee jay failed to weigh in....(we did catch but not in size.)

Results so far after round 5 are as follows; 1st Sea Raider 33points
2nd Josam 24 points
joint 3rd Simply White & Hunter 2 on 10 points
5th Invader on 9 points
6th Lol Marie on 8 points.
Many thanks to all who took part. Not a great days fishing but nice to see so many boats attending Very Happy
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2009, 19:19

nice to see the small boat section increasing in numbers,our captain has tried his best to get things moving,hard day but enjoyed it.i am going to bed now as im f***ed hard work pulling cod in all day
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: warrior boats   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2009, 22:57

went to NEC show today and nearly cum in my waders had a good look around the warriors but at £21.000 i had to leave it there, but loads of great equipment and a lovely day out .
Back to top Go down
ronnie jones
Admin
ronnie jones

PostSubject: steve bates cod   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2009, 12:30

league match this weekend 100_0816
steve bates cod which was just the biggest on the day
Back to top Go down
http://www.weathertone.co.uk
ronnie jones
Admin
ronnie jones

PostSubject: picture of boats launching at new brighton   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2009, 12:33

league match this weekend 100_0817
some of the boats launching at new brighton
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: saturdays match   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2009, 16:35

Thanks to Keith, for the match on Saturday. Sundays weather was just as bad if not worse. Good to see a new boat on the sea with us.Loll Marie, they caught as well. Photos on the web all ready great. As you said Keith on the rocks was a little lumpy, but fish-able, that's were i caught a small Thorny. P.S. its on camera, no doubt my mate will port it for me, again thanks Keith. Tim
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: league match yesterday   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2009, 17:05

thanks to dave and tim for the mention, but its you boat lads who make the section a good one..only by attending the matches and pleasure bashes does it make my job worthwhile!!!! nice to see so many boats attending a match,,although we (simply white) didnt weigh in it was worth going just to see all of us actually out fishing.....full marks to Josam who yet again pulled in the result and a special mention to Lol Marie who beat Simply White on their first club match....glad your new engine was a hit with both Pete & Ritchie...
Dont know what to do for the March match with there being so few fish about... Any suggestions? I am open to any alterations provided it is agreed to by all boats concerned....
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Suggestions   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2009, 20:12

Maybe we could look to fish an away match.
Do you think there would be enough interest from the lads?
Steve
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2009, 11:13

Slight correct - Josam had two Codling to 5lb not one.

Keith how are the points worked out?
I thought we'd only fished 3 matches so far - first one we (Josam) didn't fish but the other two we've won.
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: point on the board   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2009, 15:42

Martin,,,,points awarded as follows; 1st 12points.2nd 11 points 3rd 10 points etc etc.
3 mtaches fished,you won 2 so have 24 points ....However,,,Sea Raider has fished THREE matches,won the 1st so 12 points,3rd on the second so 10 points, then 2nd on the third so 11 points...Totalling 33 points.....Sea Raider is the only boat to have fished 3 matches,,,thats why they are in the lead! Trust this expalins it ok.......
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2009, 08:48

Yes that's fine Keith I didn't realise there was only one point difference between positions.
Can't remember why we couldn't fish the first match now, maybe Tim was working away - but it doesn't matter.
So even if we don't turn up the for the next match we're still Runners-up and we're the only ones who can catch Sea Raider providing they don't turn up or blank... not very likely...
...they're in an even stronger position than Man Utd! lol!

- Don't the winners have to buy everyone a pint anyway?? Very Happy

Results so far after round 5 are as follows;
1st Sea Raider 33points
2nd Josam 24 points
joint 3rd Simply White & Hunter 2 on 10 points
5th Invader on 9 points
6th Lol Marie on 8 points.

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
colin dreaves

colin dreaves

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2009, 11:17

Congratulations to all who fished the latest winter league match, its good to read that more boats are getting out and to Richie + Pete on their first comp in the club unfortunately I missed out due to oversea work commitments big thanks to Andy Robbo for filling in and crewing for Keith, unfortunatley they were unable to bring that big fish to the weigh in
looking forward to the last match of the winter league (weather permitting)

Well done to Sea Raider + Josam which boat takes the title we will wait and see

Colin
Back to top Go down
ronnie jones
Admin
ronnie jones

PostSubject: TIM WITH A THORNBACK RAY   league match this weekend Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2009, 16:13

A thornback ray tim caught on the day
league match this weekend Timray10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: league match this weekend   league match this weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

league match this weekend
Page 1 of 1