Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mark a

mark a

Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup Empty
PostSubject: Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup   Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2008, 19:31

Last summer league match
with promises of plenty of fish including BASS we were all looking forward to this match.
with 1st place taken by Les it was left to everyone to fish for 2nd.
arrived at the beach to find a calm lapping sea with a few anglers already there,
anyway fishing was slow for most of the night with fish hard to come by even with mackerel chasing whitebait in the surf creating the boiling effect.
as darkness fell the fishing didnt improve much,
results:-
1st mark allanson with 9 fish (2 mackerel, 7 dogfish) 406cms
2nd paul brough with 3 fish (all dogs) 150cms
3rd jon johnson JNR 3 fish (2 dogs, 1 eel) 140cms

17 fished
7 caught 20 fish for 803cms

lovely venue, lovely night but sad ending Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
i wont be at the next meeting sorry (on hols)
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup   Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2008, 20:55

Apologies for not attending, it clashed with wifes work. I let mark know a few weeks before. I was trying to wangle it but didnt manage. Well done to Mark , told you sandeel at distance to sort out the fish Very Happy Sorry to hear about the sad news.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: pwllheli summer league   Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2008, 22:15

please do not discus the sad news on the web site if any member wants to know more please email me or ring me and i will explain
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup   Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2008, 10:12

My first time on Pwllheli beach,nice venue,I tried to cast as far as possible with clipped down sandeel,not a sniff,tried for the mackerel using a two hook hockie rig,casting right in amongst them,not a sniff Shocked Mackerel were preoccupied chasing the whitebait a few yards off the shore in front of me Rolling Eyes
Definitely give this venue a go next year sometime. bounce

Steve,that conger will have put on a few pounds by now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup   Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pwllheli summer league rd 6 / angelsey shore cup
Page 1 of 1