Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Summer league rnd 6

Go down 
+4
colin dreaves
keith g
Steve Bates
ste trish
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Summer league rnd 6 Empty
PostSubject: Summer league rnd 6   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 21:54

In the absence of Martin and Mark having a nervous breakdown ! ( along with his car and washing machine ) I' ll give a quick report on the match at mariners. It was well attended , 16 fished, but the fishing was dire! Les was first in with a flounder then I followed it up with two over the space of two hours an invasion of Pin whiting followed. I managed a slug just in , Mark , Mike McMahon, and Phil managed to get whiting over twenty while Les managed to get two , which along with his flounder gave him the victory. No rays or sole showed, roll on the bigger whiting
Results
1 Les Trish76cm
2 Steve Trish 75cm
3 Marl Allanson 45 cm
4 Mike McMahon 23cm
5 Phil Foster 22cm

Well done lads and thanks for supporting the club.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Summer league rnd 6   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2013, 20:04

My last 5 posts have had 610 views and only a handful of replies ! Are they that boring lads ? Or is the club forum a waste of time ? Won't waste my time if that the case.
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: re summer league round 6   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2013, 10:30

Hi Steve

Regarding your comments about no replies--I am one of those people who view the forum
and post few replies.

I must admit I use the reports given to see what is being caught and bait used.

If the river is fishing well then-weather permitting and if I can get a crew- I will get my boat out.
Your reports are informative and I am sure a lot of people would miss them if you did not post any.

Keep up the good work it is appreciated.

Steve
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Summer league rnd 6   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2013, 13:53

steve,, dont stop posting,, i enjoy the results specially if i cant make the match,,,i too sometimes look at the views on my post but no replies,,,,it is disheartening,, but dont stop. if people just view and dont post,, thats up to them,, you cant make people post or fish,,, its a fact of life,,,,,its their loss Steve,,,just carry on and those of us who do post thank you,,,,pirat 
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Summer league rnd 6   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2013, 14:12

The lack of participation on here from our own club members is pathetic. Why have a forum if only a few use it?
Back to top Go down
colin dreaves

colin dreaves

PostSubject: Re: Summer league rnd 6   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2013, 14:25

Hi Steve, please keep the posts coming even though I don't fish the beach I always fish the small boat comps when I can
I do read all the post have put a comment on when I feel needed
As my work commitments include a lot of travel and sometimes miss the meetings no matter where I am on my travels I always read the posts to keep me up to date what happening
To all the guys who put posts on it's much appreciated and we all know from the viewings that it is deemed as a very good forum

Colin
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: Summer league rnd 6   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2013, 15:22

Hi Steve,

I can't really add anything else to what the lads have already replied with, other than please keep posting as I personally enjoy reading them and comment when needed. Other members of the club should contribute to the forum but as Keith says you cannot force them.
Back to top Go down
b5rny1

PostSubject: input   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2013, 19:47

this is the first time in months I have been able to get onto the website to also reply otherwise I would join in - I also like to read your accounts Steve and any others = at moment I am in the middle of doing up my new acquisition an Orkney Strikeliner 16+_ and swapping over engine and electronics from my old boat and doing that up for sale as well - so I am busy but always check website daily for inputs - there you go another input from myself:affraid: bom bounce Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Lack of replies   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2013, 20:28

Steve, please dont stop your reports. Dont forget not all the lads have a computer to see what good work you are doing.
also we dont have as many of us as there used to be.

Keep it up mate please, Cheers, Tim:) 

Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Summer league rnd 6   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2013, 06:16

It's amazing how many replies 1 negative comment has generated. It would be nice if there was this many after every report. It's good to see a " nice one Lads" or even a "tough luck fellas" after posting something on here, it shows that it's not a waste of time
Back to top Go down
vinny j

PostSubject: Replies   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2013, 16:59

Ste, I think you're right about the lack of replies. As a new member, I do read all your posts as well as everybody else's and am gaining knowledge of how and where to fish.
I'll be attending the charity match along with a donation of some sort at the next meeting.
You're doing a great job, keep posting!
Regards
Vinny J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer league rnd 6   Summer league rnd 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer league rnd 6
Page 1 of 1