Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Shore summer league round 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 21:02

venue : Mersey Road Aigburth. Car park at the very bottom
Date : saturday 19th july2008
Time : meet 10.00, walk off 10.30., fish 11.00 _ 3.00
I think it will be mostly eels with a few flounders thrown in maybe an odd sole , a VERY slim chance of a ray. Peeler Crab will be top bait followed by worm rag or lug ( Mark Allanson had half a dozen eels on blow lug at bromborough on monday) Fishing is off the promanade, no wellies needed Very Happy . The fish can be very close in ,down the wall on occasion.Rig wise , longish snoods, size 2 hooks seem to work for me. The walk to the fishing spot from the car park is about 100-300 yards.
Dont forget you will need : a recognised fish rule, pen, bucket, drop net if you're feeling lucky Very Happy , Brolley in is case the weather is sh*te Very Happy
SEE YOU ALL THERE, MORE THE MERRIER Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: summer league   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 22:02

steve bates and myself are hoping to be there
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2008, 22:58

Can't make it myself, in graft all day. Hope all this fresh water doesn't hamper things to much.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2008, 19:27

winter league SORRY SUMMER LEAGUE round 4

with winds due to 21mph but were force 7 it made fishing uncomfortable with it hard to see bites,
not that it stopped Ste & Les from battering everyone affraid

A turnout of 19 anglers braved the wind for what was a disappointing day for most
Both Steve & Les got a double header of good eels on the first cast and more els on their second cast while everyone else watched. I set a measure of 30cms for all eels caught.

results
19 anglers
12 blanked
7 caught 36 fish
1 whiting
2 flounder
33 eels
1st Steve Trish 15 fish for 434 cms
2nd Les Trish 11 fish for 334 cms including the longest flat of 34cms
3rd Myself with 3 fish for 90 cms YES I DIDNT BLANK
3rd Mal Allanson 3 fish for 90cms
4th Jon Johnson 2 fish for 60 cms
Thanks to everyone who turned up sunny
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2008, 20:21

Thanks mark, i had a good day, pity about the winds. Most of my fish were caught at 30 yards out on 30 inch snoods, size2 hooks on crab baits. I used flattie leads and watch leads. The last hour of the match, on the ebb, i switched to clipped down rigs cast further out as the fish start running to the main channel on the ebb. I caught 4 fish using this tactic. grip leads were needed further out.
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2008, 22:29

15 eels, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol! Well done anyway.
Decent peeler is a must tho eh, you must know the right handshakes to be getting hold of it at this time of year.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2008, 09:31

Alright andy, dad was out 3 evenings through the week, and we have an order in for crab every weekend with a local supplier. Sometimes he struggles to get any too. We take the crab if we are fishing or not and try to bring them on so they are perfect to use on the next trip. This involves a lot of messing about with fridges ,tanks, aeraters, sea water etc.It can be hard work but results speak for themselves. The crab i bought were 80p each Mad
I know a lot of people dont like eels, but you have to fish for whats in front of you, and i think they give a half decent fight Very Happy . They wrecked three of my rigs though Evil or Very Mad
If i was only limited to one bait , i would choose crab, most fish will take it, and ithink it is essential during spring and summer in the mersey. Worm will catch if it stays away from the crabs long enough Rolling Eyes .Tight Lines
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2008, 16:43

come on ste its not just the crabs, long snoods and changing tactics when necessary helps lots,
getting to the venue early if you can and having a look at low water helps pick out fish holding areas,
mersey road is very peggy, i was next to Les and caught 3 eels confused , the last 2 came after the tide turned and i started casting into Les's peg, Twisted Evil if there's no fish in front of you you can't catch them till you find them, we know dont we Ste its happened to us all enough times lately hasn't it mate Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 11:14

Ste i was pullin your leg mate, i know how much time you and ye pops spend collecting bait. As you said gettin the crabs is one thing looking after them is another (worse than havin a dog). Don't know if i'm doin something wrong when i keep them but they don't half smell after a few days, at least it keeps everyone out my beer fridge lol! .
Well worth it if you have the time, frozen isn't a patch on fresh in my opinion.

I'm off to Anglesey with the family for a couple of weeks on thursday, anyone know if theres much mackeral about?
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 14:44

hello andy and mark, youre right in everything you say, mersey road is peggy and knowing how to fish it helps. As for the crabs, they are a nightmare to keep i reckon i lose about a quarter of mine if i keep them for a week. It gets expensive in time as well as money.Enjoy anglessey andy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 17:26

If anyones planning a session up there give us a ring an i'll let you know what the form is like or show you a few marks, pm me and i'll give you my number.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2008, 20:39

Might be fishing around there over august bank holiday, let us know how you get on Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4   results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

results:- mersey rd summer league rd 4
Page 1 of 1