Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08 Empty
PostSubject: Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08   Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2008, 13:58

Myself and dad fished this match which was pegged, zoned, 2 hooks and fished on an overall length format, with a 20cm size limit. I drew peg45 (end peg) and dad was on 35. The weather stayed good and i felt confident. The fishing started at 12 noon and i startred catching straight away with 6 eels in the first hour. i also lost two in this time, one of which looked a cracker over 2 pound Crying or Very sad the lads to my left had a few eels but, in my zone at least, only welsh international, Shane Russel, was catching in numbers( 6 eels). My peg then died for 3 hour. I didnt have a bite in that time and the pegs further left took off. I tried everything; down the wall; distance; flouro snoods;; lighter snoods; size six hooks; various leads;floating beads everything , not a bite affraid I also lost a couple of rigs at this time casting into the rocks trying for the eels. The last hour i had another two eels but lost two or three also. they were feeding very finiky and just letting go on the surface Evil or Very Mad Anyway i finished with 8 eels for 250 cms.Shane Russel won the zone with 325 cm. I enjoyed the day but the lost fish might have put me in the frame but thats fishing Rolling Eyes A few suprises turned up including a four pound codling for Joe Perry. Two conger came in too including one of 90cm for east coast matchman Paul Short.Eels,flounder, sole and whiting were the other speices to come out
OVERALL RESULTS( from memory!)
zone A Dave Morrell
zone B Richie Flanagan
zone C Shane Russel
All welsh internationals!
Longest round Conger eel 90cm Paul short
Longest Flat sole 37cm Brain Margetts
Flounder 37cm Paul Molyneux
3rd Bill Lindfield England international
2nd Paul Molyneux England squad member
1ST ALAN PRICE 500cm Welsh international and world champion!

37 fished and it was ,as always, well run and well organised Thanks to all who organised it Dad finished with 6 fish i think for 175 cm. he was unlucky getting some whiting just under. The standard of anglers was very high and i learnt a few things off some of the lads fishing by me. Its a constant learning process and i keep my ears and eyes open every time i fish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08   Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2008, 16:34

cracking report ste, sorry i missed it. never mind am looking forward to pwhlleli this month.
is your dad doing llandudno next week if you cant???
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08   Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2008, 20:43

No he's in Ireland mate Rosslare Festival Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08   Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 10:05

sorry mate forgot about that,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08   Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mersey Anglers Open, Otterspool 6/9/08
Page 1 of 1