Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall. Empty
PostSubject: Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall.   Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall. Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2012, 08:02

I fished this match yesterday., format was heaviest round , heaviest flat, two rods with two hooks on each. Only ten anglers fished it and most opted for a rod out for rays and another close in for flats. The fishing was dire! No rays or dogs showed, and small whiting were the species most common but less than 6 inches long mostly. The company was excellent though and Carl Edwards, kept everyone happy with a steady stream of sausage baps, thanks Carl. He, alongside with jimmy Kelly helped me get my gear on the wall so thanks lads, I owe you one. Weather was perfect but it was disappointing that the rays didn't show.. Surprisingly there were no other anglers down there, did they know something we didn't?

RESULTS
HEAVIEST ROUND John Waugh eel 2-4-0
2nd. Mick Flannagan whiting 0-7-0
HEAVIEST FLAT Mick Flannagan flounder0-10-0
2nd steve Trish dab 0-5-0
Thanks to the Mersey anglers for organising it and helping me get there.
The guards on the gate were doing there job very well, no doubt because of the fatality at the dock through the week . the HSE must be crawling all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Alan Green

Alan Green

PostSubject: Re: Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall.   Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall. Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2012, 14:16

Well in Ste,
Think your right about the river this time of year, but you would think the odd ray still showing at the dock. I went down the Alt Friday a small tide just had a couple of ells but a nice afternoon.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall.   Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall. Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2012, 14:43

Nice one Al, got to be in it to win it.rather catch eels than pin whiting.
Back to top Go down
Alan Green

Alan Green

PostSubject: Re: Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall.   Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall. Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2012, 14:50

Iam doing well no weaver last 3 outings, Ste whar rig line would you recomend, iam using sakuma body, any others iam due a new spool.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall.   Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall. Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2012, 17:59

Sakuma is good, so is suffix zippy. I use varivas which I get mail order from veals. More or less the same as sakuma . Limp soft and ties a great knot. A lot of the match lads use Maxima, but very expensive I think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall.   Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mersey anglers mini open ,Alex wall.
Page 1 of 1