Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

the Mersey today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
daba

daba

the Mersey today Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Mersey today   the Mersey today Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 18:14

Got talking to some Geordie lads on my way out, they turned up to fish just on high water, looked like they were working in the area, they fished a day or two ago, and had coddling to 3lb. from the same area.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

the Mersey today Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Mersey today   the Mersey today Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 18:08

hi matt, we fished there last week, only whitting but the mates son had a 4 pound cod on sunday, we are out hopefully next week end then ronnie is talking about fishing on the tuesday,plenty of fish about time to fill yer wellies
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

the Mersey today Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Mersey today   the Mersey today Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 18:03

Good report Dave,
I was fishing by the Cockle Hole this morning, all by myself Very Happy seen a boat further up towards the lock gates, must have been you. Laughing
Not been out for some time now, so decided to give it a go this morning as the forecast had the wind dropping to 13mph for today.
Must admit, I woke up to the sound of pouring rain, my first thought was to roll over and go back to sleep Razz But that's for wimps Shocked Glad I did ,had a pretty good session, with 12 whiting ,2 dabs and 2 coddling of around 2.5lbs. all decent sized fish as well.

The weather was a pain with gusting winds and driving rain for most of the session, but I have fished in worse conditions.
The good news is there are still coddling around, and maybe, just maybe, that big lunker is out there somewhere.

Only seen one charter boat out there, and that was around 12am, I think it was the Mersey Lass, maybe doing a six hour trip.

I am out on a charter in the river in two weeks time(weather permitting) looking forward to it. bounce
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

the Mersey today Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Mersey today   the Mersey today Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 17:52

well in dave,, at least you got out and caught some fish,,, well done, glad the gates are back for you,,
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

the Mersey today Empty
PostSubject: the Mersey today   the Mersey today Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 15:33

with the lock gates under repair for the last 6 weeks we where more than ready to chance our arms, big tide today so we decided to fish 1 1/2 hours each side of high, we locked out this morning about 9-30 ish into a very lively river the tide was steaming through we only motored about 300 yds and dropped the hook, apart from swinging round when the tide changed we did not move, the fishing was not to bad, loads of whiting, dabs, and 3 codling between 2 1/2 to 4 pounds, not a bad 3 hours we where only in 27 feet of water if we had gone any nearer the channel we would have needed 4 anchors to hold bottom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the Mersey today Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Mersey today   the Mersey today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the Mersey today
Page 1 of 1