Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Monday 26th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 18:41

am going to F*ck Hall road monday am,,,high water 11.25am so will be there about 9am if anybody cares to join me...... Arrow
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 18:58

Working, but good luck, try on the bricks by the green post, good little mark Wink Let us know how you do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: fishing monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2009, 15:16

change of venue as F*ck all Road living up to its name and is fishing crap.....
Now going to fish Otterspool,,,,start 8.30am to whenever,,,tide a bit big but hey, at least its better than staying in....anyone fancy it,,see you there.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: fishing today mersey road,otterspool am today..   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 16:20

3 of went,me steve bates and dave robbo,,met 8.30 am,although a big tide (9m) the pull was ok,held with 6oz leads,,,very slow,lots of crap in river.. high water 11.25,this is when fish came on,only 1 very small whiting before that...I had 3 and steve had 2...dave blanked (again),lovely day,sun came out,flat calm,ok so fishing wasnt brill but it was great just to be out.
Dog widdled all over steves tackle box,he gave the owner a mouthfull,,,,Dave had some form of Lynx aftershave on today,,,all ther nutters stopped to talk to him,1 stayed for 3/4 hour!
Not a brilliant day but surprised that we could fish it right through till about 2.30pm when the crap on your line became too much...will defo fish this again,,all fish caught on mackeral or squid. only whiting caught,no other species...nice easy venue to fish... Laughing
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 20:17

Good report and well done on the fish front Very Happy A few years ago you could go to otterspool in January and catch whiting three at a time,and it was impossible to use 2 rods as you could not keep up with it.Alas not been as good in the last few years Rolling Eyes

We have fished some three hours after high water at this mark and still had fish,only packing in due to lack of water Razz
Looks like the small boat lads have got the bug for shore fishing. Laughing
And yes ,you do get some odd balls engaging in conversation there as well,watch yourself if you ever fish there at night,car park gets its fair share of weirdos. Embarassed Shocked Suspect
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 21:13

You did better than us at colwyn bay, it was rubbish Crying or Very sad Dad had 2 rockling, me and mark had 1 apeice and phil, unfortunatly, blanked. Good turnout for the match too, 46. Carl edwards won it with 6 fish for 134cm, mostly rockling. Paul Tucker had acracking dab of 33cm.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2009, 17:06

Hey daba,,,remember us small boat lads went shore fishing before we got into the boat fishing. Dunno about fishing at nite on my own there though,,bit dodgy..
Steve,,sorry your outing wasnt that good,,,just goes to show how crap all the fishing is at the moment...
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2009, 21:31

I dont mind keith, its part and parcel of fishing. The problem with match fishing is that the venues are picked to suit certain conditions and not always for the best fishing scratch I hate the way we are put into catagories, beach ,charter, small boat etc. I started on the small boats when i was 10 and by 14 had tried beach, charter coarse and fly fishing. At the moment i'm enjoying my match fishing off the beach. When i dont enjoy it i will probably go onto some other kind of fishing, hopefully catching a few in the process cheers It has been a tough winter but keep plugging away, there's a big fish out there for you cheers
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2009, 22:51

When I first started fishing from charter boats,I always felt it spoiled it for for my beach sessions,mainly because I had more fish from a boat,than the beach,now I get more fish from the shore,then the boats Razz
This winter from the boats has been grim to say the least,but that didn't stop me enjoying it, no matter how bad it got.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2009, 07:35

I actually started course fishing,,,then one night my older brother had a charter going from Meols with a guy called Tolly. It was a works outing for him and someone cried off at the last minute. He asked me if i wanted to go,never been sea fishing never mind on a charter boat but i went. Absolutely loved it!!!! skate to 18lb then was the norm..Now i just want to get out fishinfg as often as i can, boat or beach i dont care....i have done a couple of charters in the last year,but it just convinces me even more that Dinghy fIshing is best..If the fishings crap,we move......charters dont......do miss not having to work when you go charter fishing,ie you step on then step off at the end..Booked next thursday off for a pleasure bash on the dinghies,,,lets just hope the weather is ok..
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2009, 11:39

Alan Tolly,now thats going back some time.Our John went out with him on a regular basis years ago,(well before I started boat fishing) you had to get to the boat in one of those tiny dinghy things,when a wave was coming your way,you all had to lift your bums off the seat otherwise you would get soaked. Shocked

Started my boat fishing from the Langton Dock in the late 70's,back then the boats we went on where not licenced Shocked .Had some scary moments going out thru the Alex lock gates.
We were going out regularly on a old steel trawler,based at the Langton,one weekend we were in the lock gates ready for a trip out to our regular haunt around the Bar area (those days you used to get a lot of decent size fish from there,and around the sewer buoy Embarassed )
As we cast off ready to enter the river,the propeller fell off,and we all had to clamber up that ladder with all your gear on your back,bloody scary that was Laughing
Never had the inclination to do course fishing,tried it a few times,cos some of my mates were into it,I found it too boring for me,and taking tons of gear as well,then I got the bug for trout fishing,which I still do if the opportunity arises.

It was our John that got me into beach fishing,although some of my mates had been into it for years,I just couldn't understand how anyone could stand for hours on a freezing winters night trying to catch fish Laughing

My first rod was a second hand Abu 174c and a new Abu 7000 which I ordered from littlewoods catalogue and cost me around £75.00 back then in the mid 70's. Shocked
Then I progressed to a Zziplex 2500 9ft tip and a high carbon butt,it was the dogs b@@@@@ks back then in the early 80's.
Still got that rod today,and won't part with it. Wink
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2009, 13:10

Yeah Alan Tolly thats right....we fished an all night trip then had brekky in cafe on way home on dock road....remember trying to play pool but the table kept moving!
Did a lot of carp fishing when was about 16 to 21....on a farm in herefordshire,,,,,it was boss docklow pools it was called.....
once discovered sea fishing that was it,,never went course fishing again..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monday 26th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday 26th   Monday 26th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monday 26th
Page 1 of 1