Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Empty
PostSubject: Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 08:01

hi boys, this sat, pleasure bash, fish 8am till 2pm,,going too see if we can find these so called cod that are allegedly in the river,,,will decide 6.30pm Friday night if its on, hopefully see you all there,, tight lines,, keith king
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 16:46

Alright Keith,

I take it it's not the Cod Cup this weekend then - any idea of numbers or whether we're doing the pool?

Anyway you know me and Tim will be there, with £5'ers in hand if necessary... if it's on.

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 19:16

hi martin,, sorry no cod cup as one boat on hols and unfair to have cod cup as roger and jimmy always support the small boats on every outing,,,,, so just a pleasure bash,,,,3 boats defo, dunno about any others,, but we can still have a pool fir the biggest cod if you want,, so far weather forecast ok,, but lets wait till friday 6.30pm before i make any decision... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2011, 12:54

That's fair enough Skip, no probs.
Hopefully see you Saturday morning!

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: saturday 5th november pleasure bash    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 18:34

hi boys,, tomorrow is ON ON ON,, fish 8am till 2pm,,,,see you there to those that are going,, to those that arent? why not? tight lines keith king
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: result sat 5th november pleasure bash    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 18:30

hi
3 boats fished. kingfisher (colin & keith & guest ian ), Blu Noze (ritchie & pete) & Josam ( martin & tim)
weather wasnt to bad in morning, Josam went to seaforth rocks, Blu Noze to town hall steps and Kingfisher to clock tower,,, fish were a plenty all over,, lots of good big whiting, pete had one 40cm for 1lb 5ozs,,loads of skate everywhere, josam had the biggest on about 8lb..then blu noze and kingfisher went opposite the Echo Arena,, again loads of fish plus dogs as welll, but the codling were in short supply
lots of small ones about 1.5 lb but it wasnt until kingfisher and blu noze went back to seafoth rocks did they show,,josam went to the eagret, but again lots of small fish...by 2pm it was wind over tide and all the boats were just spinning around making fishing difficult,, so we called it a day,,, biggest Cod was 6lb 3oz by keith on Kingfisher,who refused to take the pool of £5 per man as we hadnt agreed it over the radio before we started! Lots of small boats and charters out today, but was getting cold by the time we came in,,,,lines were constantly full of plastic sh*te and rubbish.. all in all a good day had by all. just nice to get out,, pity more of the other club boats didnt attend,, you missed a good days fishing!
tight lines.. keith king
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 21:00

Good days fishing by the sound of it Keith, pity about the turn out. what else can you do , good tide, good weather and the river on fire Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 15:34

hi steve,,,roger ( sea raider ) is on holiday so i knew he wouldnt fish,,,the rest????? as you say, good tide, good weather, fish everywhere...i dont know why others didnt fish,?? its a mystery to be honest,, i thought ALL the boats would be out,,,,obviously wrong there then!!! but you cant force people to fish if they dont want to...but i know that the boats who did fish had a good day with lots of fish, maybe too many skate, but hey, its better that catching nothing...i enjoyed it and i think the others did..to be honest it was just nice to be out catching fish,,after all, isnt that what having a small boat is all about? no way me and colin just want something to polish on the drive!. tight lines.. keith,, ps hope perch fished well today,, couldnt make it as i was in work,,,,, pale
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2011, 09:57

Just to reiterate what Keith said, it was a great day out and although it got a little bouncy near the end, the fishing was really spot on.
We started off by the Radar Tower and couldn't stop catching thornies and dogs, along with the odd small whiting and dab. Most thornback were on the small side being 4 - 5lb.
We eventually decided to move up towards the clock but it was like Piccadilly Circus up there, chocker with charter and private boats and with no reports of decent cod coming in (we're very open on the boat section Surprised ) we moved up to th egret. Started up quiet but things soon improved and we ended up with 6 codling in the 2 - 3lb range along with the usual dogs and thornies.

I was fishing downtide with a light 12lb class braid rod with 3 hook paternoster rig and smallish wire hooks which wiped the floor with the usual uptider.
There probably wasn't quite enough tide running to justify the uptider really as the rod wasn't bending much against the tide and so with the boat rocking and swaying around, it wasn't easy to see bites. On at least two occasions I didn't even know I had anything on until I started winding in. I might forego the uptider in favour of another 9' rod I have, that has a quiver tip and can be used for casting lighter weights uptide.

Finally, well done to Keith for landing easily the best fish of the day and for his sportsmanship in refusing to take the pool, which I thought we'd agreed to on this page, but he insisted! cheers mate.

Martin.

Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2011, 18:59

many thanks Kieth - will put it all away again.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only    Pleaseure Bash this  sat 5 th november only Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pleaseure Bash this sat 5 th november only
Page 1 of 1