Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

ainsdale fish and hope

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
daba

daba

ainsdale fish and hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: ainsdale fish and hope   ainsdale fish and hope Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 16:39

yeah,boy those chesties make you sweat alright,by the time I got back to the car park,the sweat was rolling out of me Laughing
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: ainsdale fish and hope   ainsdale fish and hope Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 20:52

Good report Matty, I've fished further down at formby and it does come in fast.Fresh lug is a must, as are chest waders, but it is a hike and you can cook in the waders. Razors and crab work too. Travel light!
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: ainsdale fish and hope   ainsdale fish and hope Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 16:14

great report matty, at least there was some fish about
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: ainsdale fish and hope   ainsdale fish and hope Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 15:56

Freshfield Monday morning,
we arrived an hour before low,when we got to our intended fishing spot the commercial bait diggers were already there.
Anyway,Ray Bruchez set up his rod while I pumped for some lug,fishing session only lasted for an hour as the tide started to come in quite fast over the banks.
I intended to fish as well but instead concentrated on getting some black lug for the freezer.
First fish to Ray,a nice plump flounder,followed by a weever affraid then next cast an Eel.
That was it Very Happy
I,m sure if you gave this a proper go,you could do well here,I would suggest anyone considering fishing here,to use chest waders,you can get away with wearing wellies,but to make sure you get back across the gulleys to safety,wear chesties.

We may go back and fish a proper session,as there were a few bass up to 4.5 lbs taken last week at this same spot. bounce
The great thing about fishing here is that you can use really light tackle,just clean sandy beach.
As the walk is quite a long way from the car park to the waters edge,just a couple of rigs some leads 1-3oz, a small spinning reel and a light rod to suit.oh,and a light rod rest.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: ainsdale fish and hope   ainsdale fish and hope Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 10:24

good luck matty
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: ainsdale fish and hope   ainsdale fish and hope Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2008, 19:58

Going to give the beach a go at Freshfield Monday morning,looking for that elusive Bass.Pump some fresh lug to use first.Report to follow Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ainsdale fish and hope   ainsdale fish and hope Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ainsdale fish and hope
Page 1 of 1