Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Best Fish Ever

Go down 
+4
mark a
ste trish
Dave
keith g
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 20:18

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
willow

willow

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 14:26

no steve that was a stoned fish <proberley 2 to 3 stone> drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 22:19

Tony, i thought you were going to say the infamous rock fish at perch rock, you have spent so much time connected to it! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
willow

willow

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 20:56

not the biggest or the best fish i ve caught but one i allways remember.we where out on a charter at the bar on dutch eddeys boat<the old arses will remember him>a cracking sunny day.all kinds off fish getting caught bass,thornies,starries,tope you name it.anyway i decieded to change tactics and try for plaice or other flatties,swopped rod put a small reel with 12lb line on,a small trace with a size 1 o or 2o hook baited up with lug,cockles and a bit of mac,dropped over the side.sitting down having a cuppa and a bit of banter with lads when old george mahon<the magician> shouted me. i picked my rod up then my line just started screeming of my reel.ernie <the magicians>mate said its a big bass or a tope.the lads at back all brought their lines in so i could try and get it in.after about 30 or 40 mins,10 15 runs and a lot of sweat a nice tope.dutch eddy weighed it,22lb.not the biggest or the best but on 12lb line and a small hook the one i will allways remember drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2009, 19:55

Keith,

I have just had my best fish.... you have guessed it... the 45Lb Tope, even better you
were there to see it.
Cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: hardest bass   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2009, 22:42

i thought it might be a good idea to fish into the estuary across from barmouth off the railway bridge , one day i walked onto the bridge to get in mid water and thought i had a load of weed on my rod untill it started fighting back then i seen it was a big bass , but i was about 100 yards into bridge on Fairbourne side of estuary, i had to drag fish over the railway caissons about three of them and then scarambled down the railway bank to the beach and drag fish in , this was weighed in at hotel at 7lbs 6oz and tasted briliiant that night and shut up a load of non believers that night ........barny
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: biggest mullet   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2009, 22:33

i can beat that one Tim, i was doing side party on the side of Hms Juno in chatham dockyard and the mulllet were all over the place feeding off the galley waste ie food that they used to discharge over the side in them pre health and safety days, i had a hand line with me so as not to give myself away to the officers and i caught a mullet over 7lbs , trying to keep it quiet but it drew the attention of everyone on the ship and i finally got it in and weighed it at over 7 lbs and gave it to the chinese laundryman to cook and get cheap dhobying but got caught by the 1st Lt and given abollocking about fishing while i was supposed to be working//////jack as fuck mate
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Best fish ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2009, 21:32

Hi Keith, my best fish so far is a thick lipped mullet caught in the docks 5lb 3 ozs it smashed the north west record. But because it was in the docks the would not except it no matter, i can still remember it like it was yesterday, i was trying for the first time fishing with Derick salisbury it was his no how that i managed to catch it after a 15 minuet fight, Derick got it in the angling time and sea angler, i still have the photo somewhere, it made the club records, Very Happy Very Happy what a day to remember Laughing . Tim
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2009, 13:52

Steve and myself are going after the smoothies tonite so hopefully i'll be posting some pics tomorrow
and posting my best/memorable fish here soon Laughing
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 22:59

My first fish.An 8lb 8oz spurdog. On my dads boat, the codfather, i was 10 years old and had been spewing up witth seasickness. Dad told me to get hold of the rod as it had a fish on. I can remember moaning that my arms were achiing! Never caught a spurdog since! That fish started me off on my passion for fishing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 20:43

the one that i will remember long after hanging my rods up has to be a 4 pound plaice i got out from caernarvon about 19 years ago , still fresh in my mind (i think or it could be a touch of auldtimers) but never the less its still the north west record
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2009, 18:09

Whats your best or most pleasurable or favourite fish ever? Question it doesnt have to be a record fish, just something you feel really proud or just chuffed to have caught. I love you ...and did you put it back? pale maybe it was a pretty fish or maybe you only ever caught one!...lets see Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Fish Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Fish Ever   Best Fish Ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Fish Ever
Page 1 of 1