Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Polsaf Brief

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

Polsaf Brief Empty
PostSubject: Polsaf Brief   Polsaf Brief Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2015, 14:54

Thanks for your comments guys.

However, I did say it was up to the Angling Trust and Fish Legal
to challange Peel ports if there are legal issues. I did not specifically
say Sefton Sea Anglers.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Polsaf Brief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polsaf Brief   Polsaf Brief Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2015, 17:29

steve,,,with all due respect mr Chairman,,,

this is a POLSAF issue,, not sefton sea anglers,,, after all , tony keeps saying how well POLSAF is run,,so lets see how they handle this one! , they should fight their own battles...I presume that they are affiliated to the Angling Trust as well?. this is not a Sefton battle,,,,,,

if they get the same help from the Angling trust as I got over United Utilities,, god help them,, because no one else will!

tony,, good luck mate,, you are going to need it big time!
keith
Back to top Go down
willow

willow

Polsaf Brief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polsaf Brief   Polsaf Brief Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2015, 19:28

Hi guys, I agree with you both but this is due to to a stupid angler and the police. Polsaf will always Protect are Rights to fish the docks, after all it is an Agreement with Peel. Will give a Full explanation of events on Monday (if i'm aloud) Laughing Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

Polsaf Brief Empty
PostSubject: Polsaf Brief   Polsaf Brief Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2015, 12:27

Thanks Tony for your notes

I agree with Steve Trish. It appears that Peel will use any
excuse or impose any procedure to limit access to the Docks.
Maybe its time their actions were challanged by the
Angling Trust and Fish Legal. Thats why we pay the fees.

What do other Anglers think?

Steve Bates
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Polsaf Brief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polsaf Brief   Polsaf Brief Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2015, 19:26

Nice one Tony.
This is typical of peel ports . They want to make it harder,and unfortunately , us anglers will play into there hands. What was up with the 3 buccs cars? No insurance , mots , no valid license? Carrying RPGs, cocaine, crack, illegal fish, powdered rhino horn , Ivory? Whatever it was it is more ammunition for peel ports. Think I only fished the all once last year don't think I will bother much in the future
Back to top Go down
willow

willow

Polsaf Brief Empty
PostSubject: Polsaf Brief   Polsaf Brief Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2015, 22:08

Hi guys, Polsaf had its 1st meeting of the year last night (Jan. 22nd 2015) both Eric and me attended plus it was well attended by other club reps. Also there was the Chief Port Police Officer Martin Humphrey's and his aid George (sorry missed his surname).

Meeting started 8 10

Alan Noon (chair)  explained why Martin and George where there, this was due to a serious incident that occured in Dec. After a match, 3 angler's who had fished the match were stopped at the dock gates,( I will explain more at our next meeting) the consequence of this was the 3 anglers have lost their Polsaf pass's. Martin also explained what had happened. Martin then explained the relationship the port police have with the angler's who fish the dock's and hopes to improve this. Needless to say a lot of questions was put to Martin by the reps, all were answered in a respective manner. Due to this incident the port police are looking at a new way of allowing angler's entrance to the docks, this will be by a pre-signed form from the driver of a car, plus any passengers with all details. This will be date/time/Reg number/name(s)contact number/I.S.P.S. number this will then be handed to the Gate security, on the way out you then call into the Gate Office were it will then be crossed then held for future reference. Again a lot of questions about this was put to Martin and George. Martin and George left the meeting after an hour and half. Again needless to say this was well disgust by the reps. Alan has a meeting with the Peel Reps in a couple of weeks and this will be brought up.

Other things brought up at the meeting and discussed were the attitude of anglers when approached by Bailiff's, wear your Hi-Viz, show your Pass and Club card and make sure all are up to date before entering the docks, H/S we all know the rules about fishing in high winds on the open part off the Alex wall (if in dough't). Also when fishing the docks have a bit of respect for other anglers, shouting and swearing is bad behaviour, especially when young kids and women are fishing.

A.O.B. Polsaf will have its next meeting on the 19th. of Feb. will need a copy of our insurance and an upto date copy of our constitution and committee, also at this meeting we will pick a date for the Polsaf A.G.M. and take any questions or query's to be put at the A.G.M.

Cheer's Tony.

P.S. have a couple of the new forms you might need to enter the docks, will talk to Alan about when these come into force.Shocked

Last edited by willow on March 20th 2015, 19:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Polsaf Brief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polsaf Brief   Polsaf Brief Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Polsaf Brief
Page 1 of 1