Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

West end beach, morcambe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

West end beach, morcambe Empty
PostSubject: West end beach, morcambe   West end beach, morcambe Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2014, 22:14

Hello all. Les and myself went up to west end beach at morcambe yesterday. I was fishing two matches in one , a wsf summer league and a Blas , club match. Both taking part at the same time but fishing to slightly different size limits. 14 anglers took part and all caught. A variety of species came in , whiting codling flounder dabs and Plaice . The plaice were the target species in the wsf match and were awarded double length points. It was fish a cast for the first hour but most didn't make the various size limits , but still managed to get a few on the card including a decent 32cm whiting. The weather and weed were bad but using my head managed to avoid the worst of the weed. Les was catching treble and double shots of small codling and whiting steadily although not taking part in the match himself . He also got a nice eel and dab double just on low . I managed a double of plaice one of 29 cm and the other a lot less! First one of the year and quite plump. . Things went quiet for me over low water so I clipped down a rig and belted it out pendulum style which was hard going in the strong winds. Left it for 10 mins then reeled in a nice flounder of 34cm , nice fat one. Tried the same tactic which was getting me towards the middle of the channel and was rewarded with a nice double of a36cm flounder and a 30cm codling , happy days . The remaining two casts were a disaster( snap off and birdy)and then the all in got called . I reckon between the two of us we must have had 50 fish . I managed 5thin the wsf match with 271cm and 2nd in the Blas match with 158cm . I got the jnt 2nd biggest fish with the flounder which payed £21 so not a bad days fishing.
Before we fished we went to Gerrys of morcambe . I came out 90£ lighter having bought a load of hooks and line , but he gave Les and myself a hoodie free of charge,  nice touch from Chris. It pays to build up a rapport with these guys. We go in every time we fish that way. And I buy most of my tackle from him online. It's like an all alladdins cave!
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: morcame match   West end beach, morcambe Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2014, 20:47

Steve. what a good report thanks and well done, not a good day to be out fishing, great try to both you and Les,
must have been a hard day. Thanks Tim cheers 
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: West end beach, morcambe   West end beach, morcambe Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 07:01

Nice one Tim
Back to top Go down
petep

petep

PostSubject: Re: West end beach, morcambe   West end beach, morcambe Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 11:06

Good effort Steve and Les, must of been quite a hard day's fishing

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West end beach, morcambe   West end beach, morcambe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

West end beach, morcambe
Page 1 of 1