Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march Empty
PostSubject: Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march   Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2015, 19:23

Vinnyand Sam Jerram , Les and myself went up to morcambe to fish the North west surfcasting associations annual two day comp. conditions were horrible strong side winds combined with fast moving tide and lots of weed.  We all caught ourfirst plaice of the year but it was tough going. Les did ok on the first day with 7 fish to get 4th out of 14 in his zone I had 5 for 6th in the zone Vinny and Sam were lower down with Sam being amongst a number of blanks on the notoriously hard venue Vinny and Sam were not staying over but Les and I were making a weekend of it! 6.30 and we were having our first pint and looking at the menu at the weatherspoons 200 yards from our hotel . We got back there around 12.30 full of mixed grill lager and rum ! A little bit worse for wear! Still sleep in next day!
  Next day weather was a bit kinder although the fishing was equally as hard . I managed 5 fish for 6 th in my zone while les had 2 think Vinny had two and Sam got in on the plaice action as well.  Unfortunately we didn't bother the top places although think I managed top3rd of the strong field so happy with that.  Surprising number of decent codling although none of us got them. Plenty of flounders a few plaice including a belter of 50 cm for Welsh angler Dafyyd Hughes. Few dogs and dabs too . Top baits were peeler ,lug and creeper rag. Enjoyed the weekend but hard fishing .. 4 local lads in the top 5places the other being made up with world champ Joe Arch.
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march   Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2015, 13:41

Hi Ste,

Nice to see the plaice comming out to play.
Thanks for the report, always look forward to reading your reports.
Cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: morcame weekend   Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2015, 18:36

Well one to all who fished. Looks like a grueler of a weekend. Congrats, thanks for the report Steve great to have something to read. Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march   Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morecambe west end beach 28/29 march
Page 1 of 1