Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

mersey road mon 27th

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

mersey road mon 27th Empty
PostSubject: mersey road mon 27th   mersey road mon 27th Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2011, 20:13

Hello all. 12 of us fished a penn clubmans match down at Mersey road last night. The weather looked threatening but nothing came of it. High was about 25 past nine, and we settled down to fish from 7.15. A few of the lads were off the mark with flounders and eels coming in first cast . My rod was quiet but was only 30 yards out. I normally find the fish close in but that wasnt the case today. After watching Dad land 3 and hearing Mark was on 3 i decided i needed to do something. I only had Les an Pete to my left so decided to move past them and see if i could find the fish. Took my rod down, cast in and propped in on the railings and went and got the rest of my stuff. I'd been ill all week so wasnt in any rush. Got sorted and then started reelin in. Flounder on the top hook and eel on the bottom! well worth the move Then had a double of eels on the next cast.. and it carried on for the rest of the night . Well worth moving! All the fish came to fresh peeler with no other bait getting a sniff ; all my fish were at distance too.
Results

12 fished

5 blanked ( those who didnt have fresh crab)

1st Steve Trish 10 eels 2 flounder for 454cm
2nd Mark Allanson 5 eel 3 flounder for 290cm
3rd Les Trish 6 eel 1 flounder for 272cm
4th Martin Bleasedale 5 eels 1 flounder for222cm
5th Ben Harrison, 4 eels 2 flounder for 206cm Pete Harrison And Phil Foster also caught

Thanks to all who turned up. We would like to see more getting out to these events so please support them if you can. Tight lines Steve.
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: mersey road mon 27th   mersey road mon 27th Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 12:37

Apologies that I was unable to make it.
Seems like you had a good day apart from the blankers but as you said
fresh peeler is essential.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: mersey road mon 27th   mersey road mon 27th Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 20:40

no problem Steve. Unfortunatly fresh peeler is essential on most of the river marks unless targeting the rays. Its a shame more of the tackle shops over this side dont stock them as most on the wirral do. Seems they value sea anglers more than they do on this side Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: mersey road mon 27th   mersey road mon 27th Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2011, 20:41

Joe perrys is the exception of course. He does stock them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mersey road mon 27th   mersey road mon 27th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mersey road mon 27th
Page 1 of 1