Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Brunswick Dock.29/06/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
daba

daba

Brunswick Dock.29/06/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunswick Dock.29/06/08   Brunswick Dock.29/06/08 Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2008, 22:24

ste trish wrote:
Nice report matty . Peeler crab a must at this time of the river to catch in numbers. Neutral Neutral I honestly think the charters on the river are a joke . We fished at vale park a couple of winters ago and i had to move because i was in danger of hitting a charter boat when i was casting(90 yards). I fish off the beach and the small boats and we never anchor that close.They charge too much and put the crew in sh*te areas on the big tides. the charter lads would be better off fishing otterspool prom, bigger fish less money.RIP OFF. Crying or Very sad

Steve,I can't catch in singles,never mind in numbers at the moment Shocked I may take your advice and buy some peeler crab( ouch!) not one for foraging for them.I'm a lazy git. Wink
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Brunswick Dock.29/06/08   Brunswick Dock.29/06/08 Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2008, 21:03

Nice report matty . Peeler crab a must at this time of the river to catch in numbers. Neutral Neutral I honestly think the charters on the river are a joke . We fished at vale park a couple of winters ago and i had to move because i was in danger of hitting a charter boat when i was casting(90 yards). I fish off the beach and the small boats and we never anchor that close.They charge too much and put the crew in sh*te areas on the big tides. the charter lads would be better off fishing otterspool prom, bigger fish less money.RIP OFF. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Brunswick Dock.29/06/08   Brunswick Dock.29/06/08 Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2008, 20:22

nice report matty, the rivers not that clever at the mo.
charters:- the cost is a joke, even the price you normaly pay to fish just out of casting range is too much!!!
i know they have to make their money but 150yds out to stay there all day is pathetic,
hope we dont use that captain/highway man Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Brunswick Dock.29/06/08   Brunswick Dock.29/06/08 Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2008, 18:04

Fished the Brunswick Saturday afternoon with John D. - 3hrs before and 15 minutes after high water,using two rods each,someone who shall be nameless gave me a Fladen beachcaster which is supposed to cast 4 to 9 ounce,the reel seat fell apart on the first cast.Any one else think Fladen make nothing but crap fishing gear?. the rod will be staying in my shed, never to see the light of day again,anyway back to the fishing,I blanked (whats new there Mad ) John had two small eels,we had Launce that were bigger Very Happy Razz .Even the crabs left our bait alone.Very windy conditions as well.Bait used,black lug,Launce,mackerel,herring and squid.No peeler crab to be seen Laughing Laughing

Off topic,but a warning to anyone who wants to fish the river this winter on charter boats,as we were packing up to leave, a van rolled up with 8 lads in it,they were from out of town( Wigan,Bolton area) they got the tide wrong and decided to head to Blackpool for a nights fishing instead.
We got chatting to them and during the conversation,they mentioned that they had fished the Mersey on a charter boat in 2006.The trip was for 8 hrs and cost, wait for it.......... £580.00 affraid plus £20.00 for bait.He took them out of the Marina gates and parked up in front of the cockle Hole about 150 yards out.Never moved all the trip,and didn't make any tea for them as well.the lad said the boat was a red and white one,and he thinks the name was Marlin,the skipper/owner was from Manchester. Apparently this geezer has an advert all the time in Sea Angler!!.

The marina dock gates are now up and running,hence all the Hooray Henrie's are now out in force in their yachts. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brunswick Dock.29/06/08   Brunswick Dock.29/06/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brunswick Dock.29/06/08
Page 1 of 1