Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

day 2 - Charter fishing Weymouth 6/10/2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
b5rny

b5rny

day 2 - Charter fishing Weymouth 6/10/2010 Empty
PostSubject: day 2 - Charter fishing Weymouth 6/10/2010   day 2 - Charter fishing Weymouth 6/10/2010 Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2010, 23:34

Today Wednesday the forecast was even worse than yesterday so I was surprised when the trip was still on , joined the charter boat Supanova at 0730 and sailed, weather was better than forecast and seas calm as we left harbour , once again the swell hit us as we neared Portland Bill , not as rough as yesterday, we fished for Black Bream on the drift for 30 minutes and no success then we moved over to near the Portland Races again and straight away we started catching fish, this continued for best part of 4 hours using live sandeels this time after trying white redgills for an hour before restocking with fresh sandeels and getting stuck into the bass again, everyone onboard was catching fish except for one unfortunate hooooeeey , there were also a lot of commercial bass fisherman out today ,i counted over 6 boats with three or four crew all fishing for the bass and more than 6 charterboats so we did well catching over 30 bass today ranging from 3 to 6lbs,the weather today was calmer than yesterday and i was going to cancel because of forecast, but i came all this way to catch some decent bass and thats what happened....overall a great 2 days bassing, plus a few turbot came in , but once again not to me.....back to reality tomorrow sunny Very Happy
Back to top Go down

day 2 - Charter fishing Weymouth 6/10/2010
Page 1 of 1