Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Shell Island

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
b5rny

b5rny

Shell Island Empty
PostSubject: Shell Island   Shell Island Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 22:39

going to Shell Island this weekend anyone have any tips on where to fish and bait, a couple of lads went camping and fishing last weekend and caught half dozen bass up to 3lbs so maybe worth a try . Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Shell Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shell Island   Shell Island Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 12:06

couple of places barny. 1 the dock can produce bass, flounder, eels. 2 i have fished to the left of all the rocks at low, gad plenty of dogs to sandeel, plenty of big mullet but hard to catch. For bass fush over the rocks at low water with lug or try crab, try spinning that works well. But just ask at the shop they are pretty good as he fishes. Most big bass come off the reef.
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

Shell Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shell Island   Shell Island Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 19:47

Thanks for the information Mark will try my best their Friday /Saturday ,if its any good maybe Sunday forenoon.will let you know results and any news ASAP
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

Shell Island Empty
PostSubject: Fishing   Shell Island Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 20:08

Barny, just to let you know there is a small boat match this weekend, from new brighton, or have you not been told. Tim
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

Shell Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shell Island   Shell Island Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 20:48

Yes Tim cyclops Phil is on holiday this week so taking camper out for weekend and doing some shore fishing - going back to my roots Basketball
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

Shell Island Empty
PostSubject: Fishing   Shell Island Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 20:45

Nice one Barny, looks like we might not get out the weekend bad wind and rain, good look with your fishing, Tim
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

Shell Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shell Island   Shell Island Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 22:38

I am going anyway come wind and rain, nothing stops me from loving you oopps theres a song there somewhere hahaha# will update on Sunday ..... Sleep
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

Shell Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shell Island   Shell Island Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 16:45

well i got there and fished for 7 hours from before low water to after high water and got diddly squat ie feck all, but what a lovely place,I used black lug and mackeral as bait on al short flowing trace using two rods and never got a bite , fished for 5 hours off beach and then tried the dock area but still no fish. another lad i was fishing by fished during the night for 3 hours and caught 4 dog fish and two small bass on black lug. so the fish are there but not in large numbers yet, no one else caught during the day time , but a lovely campsite and will try again later in July August time.....now home and knackered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shell Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shell Island   Shell Island Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shell Island
Page 1 of 1