Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010

Go down 
+3
mark a
Dave
keith g
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 22:02

totally agree with you Steve,participating is not just about fishing,i agree with Barny as well
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 20:29

Lots of different opinions, good discussion, just what a forum is for. Smile
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 20:19

got that Matt Smile
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 18:43

here goes then bom
since I was a kid i have fished and been a member of only two fishing clubs,my first club at 12 was merseyside sea anglers and because of the treatment given to me by their members i continued fishing all my life , this club is a great club and has many good fishermen in it, some fish weekly some fish yearly, but they all like or love to fish like myself .
I chose when to go fishing be it shore ,charter or in my own small boat and I ask no one for nothing, if the club can subsideise pensioners or juniors then that is a good thing and should be done, paying for a coach trip every now and then is also a great thing as long as the members agree to all these things I see no problem.
to go out fishing and have good frendship with good mates is a hard to find these days.
that is my opinion , here endeth the sermon .....
study tight lines to everyone and well done to the PENN SEA LEAGUE members Sleep
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 16:26

Totally agree with you Steve,that,s one of the things I noticed when doing the membership job,ii:e: not seeing certain members of the club,until it was time to pay their dues again.
P.s. my response below, was to the chairman's post not yours. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 15:56

On another note, i dont see a problem fishing for money but i do understand that it can cause problems in a club . Thats why i fish opens as well as club matches~events
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 15:53

Just read my post again and i realise i havent made the point i want to make. I dont think its a problem if members dont fish many club events as long as they participate at some level. ie coming to the meetings, posting on the web site, etc.Some members join just to save money on dock passes, launching permits etc. once they have joined you dont see them for a year till its time to join again. Having members like that doesnt make for a good club.
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2010, 13:30

Steve,( chairman)
my reasons for joining the club was with the intention of going on the charter trips,once I joined, I realized the beach section was more to my liking.Went on a few boat charters with the boat lads at first,but like most of the lads in our club, I wanted to fish the boats with the mates I joined with,due to the number of people wanting to go on these trips that option was not always possible

So now we fish together as odd bods on private charters,when we want to.The club boats are normally filled anyway.(except for this disastrous winter on the river) .
I personally don't have a problem with people who join the club,but don't fish,they pay their dues,probably contribute to the 50/50 and the raffles,and in that way are supporting the club.

They don't stop people joining the club who want to fish.If that situation suits them so what,they are not harming the rest of us.
Many may have joined the club because their mates have,and just want to have a drink and listen to whats been going on in the fishing world.

The reason for me and a few others not fishing most of our summer and winter beach competitions ,is well documented.But I will fish the odd one here and there.Just so I can fish with other members,but not competitively.

The thing I really look forward to is the clubs coach trips,where every section of the club has a chance to all fish together.

Dave,start your own section up within the club,The BIG boat section. Very Happy

Last edited by daba on March 26th 2010, 16:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: re:launch permits for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 23:22

Dave, I heartily agree with your comments. Except the last one.
My comments besides getting people talking was NOT TO FISH FOR MONEY BUT to subsidise the costs of people actually fishing. It has certainly ruffled some feathers.
It is also obvious that some people don't understand that not only are we well attended at meetings-over 50%- but about 45/50% actually fish. This is magnificient. Most clubs/organisations or whatever who hold meetings would be over the moon to get a 50% attendance. OK some people do not fish . So what? Lets get real we all contribute to the Club in various ways, some more than others, but would you deny anyone the right to be members and enjoy other peoples company and talk about fishing over a pint? I wouldn't.
Regarding coaches, this was a decision agreed by Committee and validated by members. Any Club member can go on the coach trips if they want to. As previously stated the Borth trip was well attended. If coach trips are a problem lets discuss it at the next club meeting after the A.G.M.
Just to clarify the situation Charter trips are not subsided.
See you all on Monday 29th March 8pm for the A.G.M.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 19:30

at last something has got the website moving,we decided at a committee meeting to have the coach trips rather than sponsor each discipline the coach trips are open to all members as against sponsoring each discipline which would mean the club paying for members who are not seen from one year to the next,the committee all voted for this not just the odd one,the whole idea was to try and get the members out fishing as well as bringing the club together after the turmoil it went through a couple of years ago and in that respect it worked, we would have been a lot happier if we had had the coaches filled but the borth trip was well attended and a great day out was add by most if not all, you will not get every member fishing club events that is the only thing that is certain in all this,Ronnie and myself have not fished a club event since we bought our boat and as we now can only fish the beach matches it may be a while before we fish another one, our boat is to big for the small boats we will not fish charter boats as we have our own, but we have fished 17 times this winter and all 10 to 12 hour trips maybe we should resign from the club as there is no place open for our type of fishing and we are now part of the 50% that don't fish club events
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 12:06

Mr Chairman
we dont fish for money!!!!!!!! ,,thats why the dinghy section is so small,,plus we do have boats in the club already that do not participate in any club events whatsoever......
as Steve Trish says, only half the club EVER take part in ANY club event anyway,,,so why are we raising funds through the raffle, subs, club 50 etc when we dont spend it,,,except on coaches which are always empty,even though they are available for all 3 sections. not just the beach....does the club still subsidise the charters if they are not full? i know we used to but i dont know if we still do,,just a question that i dont know the answer to...no doubt someone will tell me....not being argumentative, but i have to agree with Mr Trish on this one....i ran the Club 50 for over 10 years raisng funds for the club.. now i wonder why? Question
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Launch Permits for New Brighton   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 10:19

I have read all the comments on this issue and there is no obvious solution.
Perhaps we could allocate an amount to the Small Boat Captain each year to use in the interests of promoting boats fishing club matches. And, in the interests of fairness, a similiar amount could be allocated to the Beach Captain and Charter boat Captain. Obviously receipts would required.
Any comments?
Steve
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 22:46

i agree with you Steve but as i remember the committee voted against it because certain small boat owners would have been subsidized for fishing other clubs matches not ours
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 22:21

the problem is members joining the club just to get discount on certain things. we are a club of 85 members with only about 30-40 members who actively fish. What are the other members doing? if the club cant help out its members who are putting money into the club by buying raffle tickets, and paying into the club 50,at regular meetings, then why raise funds?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 20:48

if i remember right the committee voted against subsiding the launch permit because we have members in the club with small boats that do not fish club events
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 13:09

Mark
we have about 7 or 8 boats in the club.... i tried a couple of years ago to get help from the club, but certain members decided that if you cannot afford to run a small boat your self, you shouldnt ask the club for help.....and in a way they are right!...its mine and colins boat so we have to bear the cost of running etc etc...the club is not there to subsidise our hobby,,,,, if we went down that route, we would end up with lots of boats joining because we subsidise the Launch Fee,,,thats not what we want...Remember, we had people join the club for the dock pass,, and look at the trouble that caused.....i dont know what the answere is? we have tried taking them to task before to no avail..wirral council dont care, i complained last year and was basically told TOUGH, get on with it.. i know its only a small increase, but with the tunnel fees and rising costs of petrol/diesel it is getting harder by the day....any one got any suggestions? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 12:24

hi, how many boats do we have in the club Keith, maybe the club could pay the increase for the lads
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 11:24

i do not think i will be renewing it this year to expensive its time we took them to task over it
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 10:30

hi
the permit has increased again this year (what a surprise) your permit will now cost £56.00 per year (for no extra benefits,!!!!! apart from being able to launch that is it!) along with the increase in tunnell fares, this hobby gets more expensive by the day..!!!! how can they justify an increase in any circumsatnces is beyond me..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010   Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Launch Permit for New Brighton 2010
Page 1 of 1