Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)

Go down 
+2
ste trish
daba
6 posters
AuthorMessage
daba

daba

Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Empty
PostSubject: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2009, 13:49

This is just an update for those current club members who have a pass to fish the dock estate,will you please make sure that you take your 2009 membership card and the dock pass for Sefton SAC with you EVERY time you fish the Alex wall.
In order to control who has dock passes in our clubs name, I have asked Phil Jackson (pass officer port of Liverpool) that anyone who is asked to produce their pass and does not have the current Sefton 2009 membership card, that they have their pass confiscated.

This is to stop those people who joined our club,just to get a three year pass for the docks,and have never been seen again.
Hope you understand why this needs to be done.
I have views on who should be responsible for policing this scheme,but thats for another day.
I still have membership cards for this year for members who have paid their fees,but have not collected their cards.
Some may fish the Alex,hence me putting this update on here.
Thanks for your co operation in this.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2009, 20:41

Matt , this should have been mentioned at the agm , not all members are on the net. dont think everyone takes there club membership with them. Wouldnt like any valid members getting there passes taken off them Neutral
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2009, 21:11

Steve,
I did mention it at our AGM,that was the whole point of putting it on here.Firstly our rules state that you have until the AGM to pay your fees after the AGM,if you have not paid your fees,you are deemed to be no longer a member of the club,that also means your pass for the docks is invalid as it was issued on the basis of you being a member of the club.
Phil Jackson has now got the list of members for Sefton Sea Anglers,which was concluded at the end of our AGM.I can think of only two people who have not received there new membership cards and hold a dock pass ,these are two who joined in October 2008,and have not attended a meeting of ours since.
If they can't be bothered to attend a meeting and pick up their membership card that's their fault.
If I have missed anybody, and they get stopped by the police and asked for their 2009 membership card,then they just have to ask for Phil Jackson to check his list for Sefton Sea Anglers.That list has ALL the names of the genuine members of our club.
If the rules don't suit todays climate,then maybe the comittee need to look at them. Idea
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2009, 21:27

I forgot to say,I also received an email from Mr Jackson today,stating that it was agreed at an earlier POLSAF meeting that members of clubs would be required to have their dock passes and club membership cards when fishing the Alex wall,and that this system was working well at the moment.so this information should have been made known to all clubs.Then I would not have had to do it myself. Wink
I have also asked Phil Jackson for a complete list of all those that have dock passes in the name of Sefton Sea Anglers,(which he has agreed to give me,as soon as he can).This will be handed to the next New Members Secretary.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 13:02

thats good matt, it just about the club membership cards, it needs reinforcing at a meeting to make sure everyone knows they need it ,along with their passes when they are on the dock. I personally think that new members shoundnt automatically get a dock pass if they ask. See if they want to be an ACTIVE member before given the green light for a pass. Thanks, tight lines. you been out wetting a line anywhere matt?
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Membership cards   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 15:17

Has anybody thought of getting a second card and fixing it with the dock pass??. Tim Question Question
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 16:12

personaly i would like the members to fish at least half of the matches/fixtures in their own discipline,
especialy as we are a fishing club after all, (in an ideal world that is)
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 18:54

I'll answer you guys in turn. Laughing
Steve,no I haven't been out since our marathon trip on the Alex Wall a week or so ago.I was going to have a go at Hall Road on Friday,but the wind and conditions put me off.(wimp)You make some valid points regarding new members,I agree that they should not be able to get a dock pass until they prove they have not just joined the club to get that pass,then you never see them again.
May need a change of club rules to do it,I'm not familiar with the procedure for doing it.

Tim,no problem with providing another membership card,just a matter of running them off on the printer.Other than needing it for the dock pass,I can't think of another reason you would need your membership card, as all members details are logged on our data list once they have paid their fees.I issued them for members to use as proof of belonging to Sefton SAC and also if you like, as a receipt for your payment to the club.
Our membership cards fit into the the card holder that Phil Jackson issues,so both the dock pass and our own card are always together
Mark,again some good points you are making,why don't you get your ideas down on paper and put it before the club,as the beach captain you have more idea of what the problems are,and what needs to be done to rectify them.

P.S. I have also slightly altered the membership application forms,they are now ready to be handed over to Colin for his views,at our next meeting.
Back to top Go down
JAGS

JAGS

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2009, 22:49

very interesting read.i am thinking of joining ssa. but as a member of various clubs and organisatios and i am fully insured by pms the welsh fed ect would i still have to purchase insurence with ssa to join . and what are the fees to join please . so i can come and whip you into shape Laughing Laughing i have my dock pass. so thats not an issue cheers jags
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 10:59

£ 20 jags, and the whole club is insured, well everyone who has there passes anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JAGS

JAGS

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 11:34

[quote="ste trish"]£ 20 jags, and the whole club is insured, well everyone who has there passes anyway Very Happy

cheers ste . do i get a free tshirt lol! see ya soon laaaaaa
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 12:19

[quote="JAGS"]
ste trish wrote:
£ 20 jags, and the whole club is insured, well everyone who has there passes anyway Very Happy

cheers ste . do i get a free tshirt lol! see ya soon laaaaaa

If your 20 stone with a 70" chest,we've got some free Sefton SAC jumpers you can have. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 19:42

there all mine, just need to lose 5 stone lol!
Back to top Go down
charlieb

PostSubject: dabbas jangle   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 23:06

blimey dabba you cant half go on its like your texing Laughing and reply to you jags tee shirts are not like those on the buccaneers site (wish they were) Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
JAGS

JAGS

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 23:46

[quote="charlieb"]blimey dabba you cant half go on its like your texing Laughing and reply to you jags tee shirts are not like those on the buccaneers site (wish they were) Laughing Laughing

pmsl charlie they were good. t shirts Laughing see on the wall on wed nite if your going lads Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)   Alex Wall passes(POLSAF) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alex Wall passes(POLSAF)
Page 1 of 1