Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay

Go down 
+4
daba
mark a
Andy
ste trish
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Empty
PostSubject: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2008, 20:47

Myself and Mark Allanson are going down to eastbourne to fish the Sea anglers match federation UK masters champinoship( BIT OF A MOUTHFULL!) All the preparation has been done, the tackle is packed and the bait is in the fridge. We have all kinds! In the fridge i have - 16 packs of black; a kilo of maddies; a hundred rag; 40 blow lug and 7 crab!. Also got 40 lug thats two weeks old, STICKIES!. In the freezer i've got 6 mackerel, 3 blueys, 20 sandeel; box of squid and 30 frozen crab. I'm taking 7 rods; 9 reels; 2 tackle boxes; 2 rod rests; beach buudy; and 2 cooler boxes. I've spent all day sorting out my gear, bait ,car and rigs FED-EX nearly lost my maddies and i was stressed all day Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . BUT everything is now done and i am sitting down and having a budweiser Very Happy Looking forward to mixing it with the big boys Very Happy . Will give a full report when we get back on monday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Tight lines cheers
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2008, 22:08

Jesus thats a lot of sht to be takin fishin Shocked
Just goes to show how much dedication is needed to be in the premier league.

Hope the weathrer holds up for you both,

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2008, 09:10

cant wait to fish this one. it's the biggest match i've fished.
just hope we do ok, will be hard against the anglers with the local knowledge on this venue.
anyway if we missed anything its too late now. affraid affraid
will get some pics too
mark
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2008, 19:03

Steve,I've used more bait than that on the Alex Wall in a four hour session(hungry buggers those crabs) Razz
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: good luck   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2008, 19:21

have a great time and show them how to fish ...good luck ...barny
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: pevensey   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2008, 20:29

good luck lads Wink Wink lets hope all the prep is worth it.we know you can do it,,,best wishes on behalf of all the Dinghy Section albino
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2008, 21:14

Best of luck lads for the comp. king king king king king king
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2008, 19:29

Well, what a weekend! We drove down on friday and went straight to the B&B. It took us six hours to get down there. We met up with the other lads and lasses that qualified from the local area, Bill and Heather Lindfield, Ian and Michael Brookes and Richie Burrows. We all stayed in the same place, the far end hotel in eastbourne. We went down to the eastbourne angling associations HQ, the base for the weekend. A cracking HQ with its own bar and lots happening on the fishing and social side. We registered and tried to get some info on how the match venue was fishing. We spotted some of the southern superstars, Double world champ Chris Clark, Ian Golds, and a load of current and ex england and welsh internatiionals. It was going to be hard.
We were up early the next morning and made are way to the pegs. We were all in various zones. I was in A zone on peg 20. I set up a 2 greys tripplex with a sportsmag on one and a 65 chrome rocket on the other. 15lb line, 60lb leader and 3 up clipped down rig were the order of the day. The whistle started and icast as far as i could. The guy to my right and one two pegs to my left cast to the horizon, a lot further than me! The fish Started coming in but i could only get undersize ones. That was the case for most of the weekend. The big hitters were catching triple shots of whiting and pout, while the lesser casters caughtv a lot less! We all managed to catch but not in any numbers to worry the top guys. Bill Lindfeild did well with a 4th in his zone.
Day two went the same way, i managed to catch more fish but still not enough to worry anyone! When the match finished we had a bit of a stock take. We had taken far too much of everything, we struggled to reach the fish and we might have done a bit more homework on the venue. We both learnt a lot and despite the poor results for us we enjoyed it. We actually went out after the presentation and fished in front of the hotel for a couple of hours in the darkness. It was brillliant, doubles and triples every cast after 5 minuets in the water! a lot closer in than in daylight as well Over the weekend we caught, bass,whiting pout, poor cod,dabs, flounder and plaice. There were also codling eels and a solitary dog caught.
The top 3 were
1st Rex Palmer
2nd Dave Read
3rd George Smith

OUR RESULTS
28th Ian Brookes
42nd Bill Lindfield
80th Michael Brookes
81st Steve Trish
84th Mark Allanson
85th Heather Lindfield
86th Richie Burrows
95 anglers took part in total
It was a big learning curve that showed up were we need to improve our fishing skills but i hopr i can qualify for the masters next year when it is being held in Skegness.

TIGHT LINES........ STEVE : Very Happy
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: congratulations   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2008, 21:09

well done for putting all the time and expense in and good luck for future matches ...barny
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2008, 08:14

yes thats right steve great weekend, great company sh*t fishing but never mind good experience, look forward to next year.
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: samf masters   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2008, 10:04

Good effort lads.
Now you know how I feel after the F & F at Mersey Road.Plenty of effort without catching.
At least you have gained experience for future matches and fished at a different venue.
Better luck next time
Steve
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2008, 11:10

good effort lads you will do better next time
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2008, 22:29

Thanks lads, new experiance fishing the south coast for the first time. Learnt a lot and look forward to fishing more matches like this, its a great buzz just taking part Very Happy Probably working the next couple of weekends but cant wait for the 2 day NWASAC open at Otterspool in december Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay   Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Samf masters, eastbourne/ pevensey bay
Page 1 of 1