Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mark a

mark a

Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Empty
PostSubject: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2008, 11:15

18 October 2008
Perch Rock
Meet 5pm
Fish 6pm – 10pm

1st round of the winter league brought 16 anglers to the beach
with the weather threatening rain which never arrived and the wind was light which made for a pleasant evening of fishing.
With most venues on the river fishing poorly we didn’t know
how it would fish.

16 anglers fished ALL caught a total of 138 fish.
With 82 Whiting and 56 Dabs making up the catch.

1st Les Trish 20 fish for 480cms
2nd Steve Trish 15 for 391cms
3rd Mark Allanson 15 for 382cms

Specimens
Whiting 35cms Paul Brough
Dab 30cms Mark Allanson
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2008, 17:05

Nice report mark. Perch Rock, on the right tides , is the most consistent venue in the river, pity about the muppets who come down and push in between you Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2008, 21:18

didnt you push in between Phil and Les Question Question
yes perch rock is always a banker even when the river is fishing crap.
looks good for the winter i think, some good whiting came out
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2008, 21:26

I'm not a muppet................ I'm a clown clown Very Happy clown Very Happy clown Razz
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2008, 21:31

Good to see Ronnie Jones and Dave Robinson from the small boat section out not worrying about getting blown off Very Happy Catching plenty too. Thanks for the food dave , it was a lifesaver Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 10:16

cheers steve realy enjoyed it but we will do better next time
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2008, 19:18

Dave,
you and Ronnie should invest in a good pair of running shoes,these are essential in our club matches Laughing Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2008, 19:43

Maybe the members would prefer pegging it or timed walkoff, if they think it would be fairer? I personally dont mind whatever system we fish to. At the moment if we have a problem with your fishing speck you can move. not catching, move, snag in front of you, move, want to fish by your mates ,move. Not a bad system really Very Happy One for the next beach captain to sort out Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2008, 14:44

I agree with Steve.
I prefer our current system as anglers want to fish in groups and with famil.
Theres no ideal system for a walk out, I thought most of the members were not interested
in the competitive side of fishing, so why does it matter were you fish?? were as a pegged or timed walk off would not suit them.
Just because you walk off first or run to your fishing position doesnt mean you will benefit.
Both Steve and I were the last on the beach and we fitted in were we could, never did us any harm.
As Steve said in a pegged match you cant move if you have a snag or theres no fish there,
compared to a straight walk off.
But If you want to try another system we can try it at the next match if anybody wants.

Heres some systems.
1: all walk out together

2: a pegged match ( all pegs are drawn before match BUT someone needs to go onto the beach to peg it out, very hard if there are pleasure anglers there already)

3: Timed walk out ( numbers are drawn and anglers laeve at regular intervals)

4: O.A.P's/ infirm first ( majority of the matches are already picked with this in mind)

5: a zoned match ( the match is split into 2 or 3 zones depending on the amount of anglers and zones are picked before the match then you can fish anywhere in that zone)
I dont think we get enough fopr this type of system!!!!!

If you want to try any of these let me know, its not a problem.
ANYTHING TO GET MORE MEMBERS ON THE BEACH AND OUT OF THEIR ARMCHAIRS scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2008, 18:23

Chill out guys,fishing is supposed to be fun, Shocked Wink
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2008, 18:32

Cant really comment on it as i was one of the last there anyway due to being at work. Very Happy I reckon fish come from everywhere along that venue , they certainly do in the NWASAC matches. Very Happy Where about did you fish mark? you were not by me and dad.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2008, 18:40

Probably my last club match ( and meeting unfortuntely) for a while anyway. Family, work, and other club commitments Neutral
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2008, 17:22

its not running shoes we need its somebody to carry the tackle back to the car when the match is over,
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2008, 18:01

Dave wrote:
its not running shoes we need its somebody to carry the tackle back to the car when the match is over,

Don't look at me, I'm already the sherpa for Mr Doyle. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock   Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter league rd 1 Perch Rock
Page 1 of 1