Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Phil Hallsworth

Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012   Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2012, 12:41

On behalf of myself, committee members and all of the competitors of the Rosslare Small Boats Festival, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you most sincerely for all of your support and assistance in making it possible for this years’ event to take place.

As you are aware, due to the failure of Self Catering Ireland, the competition was on the brink of collapse, as I had already paid that company for the accommodation for 85 competitors prior to its demise, but thanks to the support and generosity of organisations such as yourselves, the accommodation was secured and it did take place, and with great success.

This year saw a slight fall in numbers, mainly due to the current economic climate, which, hopefully will ease slightly in the near future, but saying that, and in these hard times, 85 competitors, 77 of whom were from England, is a great turnout. The enthusiasm shown by these people bears witness to the popularity of this event, which will be in its’ 28th year next year. Planning is already taking place for that event.

Having attended the Festival for over 20 years, and organised it for the last 12 years, I have decided that this year will be my last. Hopefully, I shall still be attending in the future, as it has become a way of life to me. I have left the Festival in the very capable hands of John Belger, and old friend, who has also been attending the Festival for a similar amount of time as me.

Once more, I thank you most sincerely for your support.

Phil Hallsworth
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012   Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2012, 13:46

Your welcome Phil, plenty of our members past and present have enjoyed the festival so it was only right that we as a club should help out when things went a bit . I would like to thank you on behalf of my dad for all the hard work you have put in organising the event. I know he has enjoyed it over the years and hopefully will continue to do so.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012   Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 19:55

Hi Phil,, thanks for that. i was glad that Sefton as a club could help.. personal thanks also from me to you and the committe's stirling work over the last 12 years,, lets hope Johnny B gets the same support from all the lads and that the festival carries on for many more years yet.. we cannot have any september without our annual invasion of Rosslare for Fishing & Guinness and meeting all the lads who take part each year,,, thanks again,, keith king
Back to top Go down
sammyjo

sammyjo

PostSubject: Re: Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012   Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2012, 17:43

well done sefton for helping out, to keep this comp going, cheers shame the wirral small boats seems to have come to a end, not on again this year and last year. seems to be the end of the wirral comp now Sad
Back to top Go down
colin dreaves

colin dreaves

PostSubject: Re: Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012   Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2012, 20:21

Hi Phil,

Thanks from myself and the guys from sefton sea anglers who have fished over the past years of you taking over the helm of the competition, hopefully John B will continue this great event and we will see you there

Cheers

Colin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012   Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rosslare Small Boat Festival 2012
Page 1 of 1