Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012

Go down 
+2
Steve Bates
richie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
richie

richie

Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 11:00

Keith / Small boats - Ken from Prescot Angling who organises the Wirral open has made a suggestion regards club/team entrants for the competition next year:-

Re: 2011 Mersey Small Boat Winter OPEN.Sunday 4th December.
by Ken the PACMAN » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:55 pm

In addition to the ordinary open match for next year we are thinking of running a club team event held at the same time.
The current thinking is to have a minimum entry from a club of three boats but given enough interest this could be four or five boats possibly.Clubs with greater support could enter several teams if they have enough members but we would expect all anglers entering to be paid up members of the club named on the entry form.
The winning aggregate weight of Cod recorded from the number of entered boats would take the prize.
Entry would be free and a trophy would be provided plus a tackle prize or a bottle of spirits for the winning team but the main thing is that they would be crowned
NORTH WEST SMALL BOAT CLUB CHAMPIONS 2012
All this is still in the planning stage at present but any interested clubs can contact me if they have any comments or suggestions plus this would give us an idea of how many boats might be interested.Live to Fish - Fish to Live
King Cod Swansea 2004
Prescot Angling Centre 0151-426-5011Ken the PACMAN

I personally think this could be something we could be involved with as some of our club already enter the open and could give the small boats section an additional incentive/trophy,
just a thought for next year anyway - what are the views etc of our members???

Pete Plaskett (Blu-Noze) - oh 'Merry Christmas to all our members' rendeer rendeer rendeer
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: wirral small boats comp 2012   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 16:32

I am sure all suggestions are welcome, weather permitting. Perhaps Keith will float the proposition to members at the next meeting.
I am with you in spirit if not in boat!!!!!! santa
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 17:25

Hi Pete,
thats a really good idea and i for one am definitley in favour of this. Very Happy ... only 1 problem,,,,,,,,apart from the boat blunoze and kingfisher ( who always fish this match anyway),, who else in our club will make up the third boat??????. Question Question Question ......................£20 entry per man plus optional £10.00 pools per boat?...........thats £50 entry fee per boat if two people are on board.....????? i will tell you,,,, NONE. What a Face .
However, someone might prove me wrong but i very much doubt it!!!!!... Suspect
its a really good idea and would help us to fish more together as a club, that cant be bad in itself,,,but will people pay out that sort of money to enter? more to the point, have others got that amount of cash they would be prepared to lay out? £50 entry fee and another £40- £50 possibly on bait?,, thats a lot of cash for some people, specially in this economic climate........lets hope by the time it comes about next year we are all in a better financial condition... king king ..
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 18:06

how many small boats are there in the club at present i know steve is having engine problems there is also colin and roger that makes 4 is there any more
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 18:24

hi dave,,, two other boats,,Josam martin and tim and Dragonfly Berny and phil....as far as i am aware,, there are only 2 boats that fish the wirral smalls,,, Blunoze and Kingfisher....shame really.. Sad
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 20:56

It cost us 45 quid each to fish the NWASAC 2 day match this weekend, but they paid out over 4 grand . You have to be in it to win it dont think its that much to be in with achance of winning a grand. i ended up coming away with £160 so it can pay off. Any date sorted for next year yet
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 19:09

steve
thats my point, we all have to pay our entry fee no matter who we are,,,the small boats might cost £20 each to fish,, but for ONE SINGLE BIGGEST FISH you get £1,000.00.. its a five hour match which ANYBODY can win,,,plus there are loads of other przes as well... some of just fish the dinghies, some also fish charters and the beach,, so not everyone can actually afford the £20.00 fee.... i personally would forgo a few pints in order to pay the £20.00 entry fee, but thats just my opinion....its a totally open match that is fairly straightforward to fish,,BIGGEST SINGLE FISH WINS.. unlike a two day open where you have to do good over the 2 days,,,For example; Pete Plaskett off Blunoze.. 3 or 4 years ago came 2nd in the comp,,it was the first time he and Ritchie had ever fished it! jusy goes to show it really is anyones comp to win...I would love Sefton to be able to put a team into the comp, you never know, we might even win it! stranger things have happened..... pirat
so far as i know there is no knew date set yet,, but given the tides in January,, i cant see it being then.......
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: small boats competition   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 19:14

If we are available we will fish the competition with you Keith so thats two boats...... santa
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 19:17

b5rny.. if you are available,, thats THREE boats. you. us and Blunose......yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012   Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keith / suggestion for next years Wirrall Small boats comp 2012
Page 1 of 1