Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Polsaf update(Brief Summary)

Go down 
+3
ste trish
Dave
willow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2012, 20:49

Yes hear that, our AGM is up soon and getting members to take committe jobs is like getting blood out of a stone Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
seaman stains

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2012, 20:14

Yes i`m in BLAS Steve,but our rep` John Petersen is finding it harder to make the meetings,and finding someone else who is available/willing to take over is proving to be very difficult.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2012, 19:34

Kev, are you a member of Blackpool and Layton? Ask John Peterson to put forward your views so its a bit more official. Thats what the reps are for Ive put my thoughts across to Tony our polsaf rep, and im sure he will pass them on to Eddie. I know where Eddie is coming from about open forums, polsaf this week, noddies the next, match anglers the week after that and so on. Also , lets remember its not eddies fault , its peel holdings for being slow and not wanting us there in the first place
Back to top Go down
willow

willow

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2012, 17:33

Kev, I agree with you to a point BUT surly for the benefit of WSF members if they have a Polsaf Rep they should attend meetings. That way you get more information. Whether that be at club meetings or on web sites, might take 5 mins to read on the web but the reps are at the meetings for roughly 2hrs and there is a lot of input from the club reps for their club members. More info = more understanding = questions = answers = more moaners etc. etc. Eddie Daley ( off his own bat) phoned and arranged the Friday meeting to find out how we stood with the Sandon and the Rocks and informed the Polsaf reps on the Thursday night of this meeting. This was not a formal meeting, Eddie just wanted to know when Polsaf members could have full access to Fish these marks, he was also thinking about this years F/F. (as for the Sandon still no joy) see more info Laughing Every Polsaf rep must inform their members when information becomes available. As for the Politics, Polsaf have none we just want to fish and fight(negotiate) for that right. Kev remember you have " to put something in to get something out".
Back to top Go down
seaman stains

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2012, 13:55

willow wrote:
Hi guys, lets not be too pretentious. If 9/11 had not happened and all this security not put into place and Steve and Dave not gone to court P.O.L.S.A.F. would not have been formed and US angler's would not be fishing off the dock(s) Peel Ports (Peel Holdings) would have made sure of that. Lucky enough Jack and Ian were in the right place at the right time. Polsaf is not like Fishing Clubs, its there to argue (negotiate) with Peel for OUR RIGHTS to fish the Mersey. Peel have only one interest ? ( I'd love to speak to THE top guys and see what they know about the history of the docks) Every Polsaf member has the Right to express their opinion and if they are not happy with the response they can always take the job themselves, I am also not happy having to pay £10 to fish 2 area's (Alex-The Rock's) and get told by Heath and Safety you can't. Some things do need to be looked into by Polsaf, like the Fur and Feather but we also need input by the member's (like at last nights meeting) If people just like to sit on their backsides and criticize people here on the web, get up off your arse, go to your club and express your views to your Polsaf Rep. Mr Stains I would to invite you to the next Polsaf meeting in March (if you were invited to the last one and failed to show) your more than welcome.
One of the provisos of WSF getting in to POLSAF was that i was not to attend any of the meetings...bit childish but the committee obviously did`nt want anyone to question what they were doing so i agreed. I have absolutely no desire to involve myself at such a level anyway as i have had enough of organisations and petty club politics. I do not see the logic of anglers "taking the job themselves" if they are not happy with any response...again that smacks of "don`t dare question what we are doing"....all i want is to fish the venues i have paid for and told i was allowed to fish. As for POLSAF i agree it is a difficult situation,but the main problem is the lack of communication from the officers involved.
Back to top Go down
willow

willow

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2012, 21:31

Hi guys, lets not be too pretentious. If 9/11 had not happened and all this security not put into place and Steve and Dave not gone to court P.O.L.S.A.F. would not have been formed and US angler's would not be fishing off the dock(s) Peel Ports (Peel Holdings) would have made sure of that. Lucky enough Jack and Ian were in the right place at the right time. Polsaf is not like Fishing Clubs, its there to argue (negotiate) with Peel for OUR RIGHTS to fish the Mersey. Peel have only one interest ? ( I'd love to speak to THE top guys and see what they know about the history of the docks) Every Polsaf member has the Right to express their opinion and if they are not happy with the response they can always take the job themselves, I am also not happy having to pay £10 to fish 2 area's (Alex-The Rock's) and get told by Heath and Safety you can't. Some things do need to be looked into by Polsaf, like the Fur and Feather but we also need input by the member's (like at last nights meeting) If people just like to sit on their backsides and criticize people here on the web, get up off your arse, go to your club and express your views to your Polsaf Rep. Mr Stains I would to invite you to the next Polsaf meeting in March (if you were invited to the last one and failed to show) your more than welcome.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2012, 20:08

Thanks Kev. No doubt about Peel holdings being a hard company to negotiate with. We must be a pain for them. they dont want us there, but know we can kick up a fuss about the access etc. Good luck to POLSAF in trying to get answers off them.
Back to top Go down
seaman stains

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2012, 19:41

ste trish wrote:
Eddie not setting out to slaughter you over the match just voicing my frustration and dissapointment at how it went. It could and should be a highlight of the match fishing calender but for whatever reason, the posaf F+F seems to fall short of expectation every year. I dont attend the polsaf meeting or want too, and i know how hard that job must be, but the committee will get flak till all these problems are sorted. There is very little in the way of information coming back from POLSAF and that also leads to people getting fed up . Even if it is bad news with regards to access, it should still be posted on your official website as soon as possible.Sorry if its come across as pointless moaning .With regards to all the work you are doing ,maybe the treasurer, president and rest of the commitee could help out. Its no good all the work being piled onto one guy
Seaman Stains, if you dont mind me asking are you a member of Sefton SAC ? and if so who are you. I would prefer to know who im agreeing or disagreeing with.
Regards Steve Trish
Seaman Stains AKA Big Kev/Yozzer/Kev Brindle
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: polsaf   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2012, 19:30

I would like thank Eddie and Ian for everything they have done us to date - it seems that PEEL HOLDINGS are a hard company to negotiate with, but after all these years hard work and not to mention their own personal time spent at meetings, i can only wish them well in their attempts to make the fishing in the Mersey for not only our club members but all the other clubs and associations we are trying to help ....once again well done and thankyou ....Berny Campbell study
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2012, 17:53

Eddie not setting out to slaughter you over the match just voicing my frustration and dissapointment at how it went. It could and should be a highlight of the match fishing calender but for whatever reason, the posaf F+F seems to fall short of expectation every year. I dont attend the polsaf meeting or want too, and i know how hard that job must be, but the committee will get flak till all these problems are sorted. There is very little in the way of information coming back from POLSAF and that also leads to people getting fed up . Even if it is bad news with regards to access, it should still be posted on your official website as soon as possible.Sorry if its come across as pointless moaning .With regards to all the work you are doing ,maybe the treasurer, president and rest of the commitee could help out. Its no good all the work being piled onto one guy
Seaman Stains, if you dont mind me asking are you a member of Sefton SAC ? and if so who are you. I would prefer to know who im agreeing or disagreeing with.
Regards Steve Trish
Back to top Go down
seaman stains

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2012, 13:19

No-one is bullying you Eddie,we just want answers.It`s a hard job but don`t put yourself forward if you have`nt got the time or inclination to do it justice.Anglers like myself get totally pissed off when we are waiting to hear outcomes of meetings e.t.c and only your own club members are in the loop....you posted a couple of days ago on the POLSAF site about a match on the Alex but could`nt be bothered to post the outcome of the meeting....see where i`m coming from ??? While we are at it,can you give me a refund for my permit,as i have paid POLSAF for something i cannot have.
Back to top Go down
eddie

eddie

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2012, 21:27

I explained to Tony,( your very hard working rep )that the meeting went nowhere. There were no new insights or indeed anything to report from that meeting that was primarily set up as a chance to pay for the last lot of passes. The meeting was merely a chance to see if P Martin had any new info and the answer to that is no. We are now trying our best to get a meeting with PP H&S exec to move things forward.
Can I just remind people that this "job" is completely unpaid and that I do not even claim expenses for the vast phone calls I make or the books I keep. I currently work 7 days a week and spend around 10 hrs a week of my own spare time looking after the local anglers interests.
The fur & feather was put in my hands at the busiest period of my life and we (the buccs) did the best we could.
There is a chairmans position available at POLSAF at the moment and if any one wants it, a secretarys job. Instead of slaughtering us on an open forum, try helping. At a time when we are being bullied by a massive corporation, we could do with support instead of condemnation over a fishing match.

Eddie Daley
Back to top Go down
seaman stains

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2012, 19:47

According to the minutes,Eddie had a meeting about the rocks on Friday...what pi$$es me off is the complete lack of communication. Eddie has posted on the POLSAF forum about a forthcoming match on the Alex,but not a word about the meeting...where does POLSAF`s priorities lie??? There`s hundreds of anglers waiting for answers.....
Back to top Go down
seaman stains

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2012, 11:05

I wonder what happened at the meeting on Friday......
Back to top Go down
seaman stains

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2012, 11:25

daba wrote:
Hi Tony, ( are you really that old Laughing Laughing )

most of us are aware of the present situation regarding the issuing of dock passes.

Looks like Peel Holdings are using Health and Safety as a way of keeping anglers off the dock estate.
Let's face it, they never wanted us to fish there from day one.

Unfortunately for anglers Peel hold all the aces, and they know it.

Could imagine its not easy trying to negotiate with them.

Phil Jackson's boss was a prize @@@@@**!!

but this regime seem even more intransient in their dealings with POLSAF.

Just hope people understand its not a matter of asking, and getting what you want from these people ,you have to negotiate, and you won't always get what you are after.

Good luck with it mate. Wink

If we can`t fish there then that`s a bummer but understandable...what really annoys me is getting everything up n running then Peel decide to stop it.....don`t want to keep bangin on about it (i do really ha) but i`ve paid to fish there,don`t take my money then tell me to pi$$ off elephant
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2012, 11:06

Well said Daba. I think we all know where the access issue is going. They dont want us there. I'm aware of how hard a job Eddie Daley has got, any committee job is hard if you want to do it properly, but a glance at the tide table when those dates were originally put forward would have saved polsaf face and credibility
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 17:38

Hi Tony, ( are you really that old Laughing Laughing )

most of us are aware of the present situation regarding the issuing of dock passes.

Looks like Peel Holdings are using Health and Safety as a way of keeping anglers off the dock estate.
Let's face it, they never wanted us to fish there from day one.

Unfortunately for anglers Peel hold all the aces, and they know it.

Could imagine its not easy trying to negotiate with them.

Phil Jackson's boss was a prize @@@@@**!!

but this regime seem even more intransient in their dealings with POLSAF.

Just hope people understand its not a matter of asking, and getting what you want from these people ,you have to negotiate, and you won't always get what you are after.

Good luck with it mate. Wink

Back to top Go down
willow

willow

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 16:48

Hi guys, all comments are welcome and are taken into consideration and passed on at the Polsaf meetings. Dabs, at least we now know that the monies are not going into Jacko's pocket!!! The International Security Pass System (I.S.P.S.) is now a Government Body which covers every import and export area (docks,airports etc) not sure if plane spotters have to have an I.S.P.S pass, but all anglers do. These pass's are for security reasons. Anyone entering these areas (worker's, docker's,lorry driver's etc.) must have one. Eddie Daley the Polsaf Sec. is doing a great Job in his post, and he also has a full time job plus the Bucc's and is a keen angler. Peel Ports are a BIG company ( just look on their web sites ) so Polsaf have a big job negotiating with them, the I.S.P.S. and Port Police. I started fishing the "rocks" about 45yrs ago when there was no such thing as Health and Safety but i thought about what i was doing (its called common sense) and still do the same today as we all do.The £10 we have to pay for our "Dock Pass" to FISH these area(s) is unfair but that's the Rules. If the "Big 3" decide to let us fish other areas lets hope they don't increase it. As for the Sandon, if look back on older posts and see what was posted. Two lads offered to the re-pair but Peel said no they would do it, 12 months later "mmm" Health and Safety? As for the "Light being Fixed" who goes Fishing in the dark without their own headlight? even down the Alex!! Ste, what £7 Rolling Eyes have looked at the tide book and seen what could be some reasonable dates times and tides, show you Monday. £7 Rolling Eyes mmm
Back to top Go down
seaman stains

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 13:56

Can the question of refunds be put forward at the next meeting? Paying to fish venues which then become off limits is totally out of order. It`s a farce how Peel are taking the health n safety issue so far,nothing has changed on the rocks since the day they were formed...we agree to fish there at our own risk,and Peel ports cannot be held responsible for any angling incident.
As for the fur n feather it beggars belief that no-one at POLSAF could see that spring tides are off the agenda for the Alex....if you want the kudos of being in committee positions,you must be able to do the job.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 12:09

Tony, not having a go at you, as you are doing a fantastic job of being polsaf delegate. BUT i am critical of the way POLSAF and peel holdings are going about things. First the f+f was cancelled due to the weather.We fished in worse 2 weeks later and it wasnt unsafe and the majority thought it was fishable without any problems. secondly the next date was totally unsuitable due to the size of the tides BUT this wasnt picked up on till a week before and then, panic stations, the venue was moved. Very little coming back from peel holding over the access issues also. Surely that dodgy manhole cover should have been sorted by now? Regards . Steve.

ps Dont think any more than 40 anglers can fit on the Alex in a pegged match. Any more and you may as well call it a knitting competition!

pps Tony, where's my £7?! Very Happy And what are the f+f results? Did Griffo win overall
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2012, 22:36

Let's not shoot the messenger, Shocked,

it looks to me that the dock pass situation has now become a farce.

If the requirements are now that you have to apply for your dock pass ( for 2013 ), this August, then the only thing I can think of,( to get around the problem of people getting passes then not re-joining clubs in January, ) is not to issue those passes until the club fees are paid in for that year, that should apply to all clubs that are affiliated to POLSAF.

Gave up the idea of renewing my dock pass, could see it going tits up a while ago.

Ah the days of Phil Jackson, it was so easy then Very Happy

This must be a nightmare for you Tony, thankless task mate. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
willow

willow

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2012, 17:43

Hi guys, Dave. the dock pass's run from Jan. 1st- Dec. 31st. so they need to be printed off before the end of December in order to get them to our members before the start of the new year. At the moment Polsaf have about 450 club members plus the private members (individuals) The I.S.P.S. officer has 1,000s of pass's to do,think it was some thing like 13,000 for this year. So the sooner the names are in the better! As for people not re-joining, if you got this years pass but not re-joined, I will go through the list of names on the Polsaf list if I find a person has not re-newed their membership for this year I will put it into Polsaf and the I.S.P.S officer.All the other clubs will be doing the same to protect the Legal Anglers.

Steve. 1. My mistake November 24/25 not September.2. The F/F is only penciled in for this year.3. I agree with you, but under the circumstances Polsaf had no choice and it was'nt that bad.4. I also agree with you about the Limited Fishing Space. As i said in the brief a few of the reps said the same, as i said at the meeting about fishing the rocks, "under the old N.W. Pass Rules, You entered the Docks and Fish at Your Own Risk". Maybe Peel are just covering their own "arse".
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2012, 22:51

December 8th and 9th are the NWASAC 2 day open at otterspool. This has been booked in for about 6 weeks. Pity No one at polsaf seems to know what is going on in the local fishing scene( or doesnt care) An absolute shambles, the f+f was a disaster, the pass situation is arse about tit and we can only fish 1 out of 3 venues due to peel holdings coming over all health and safety conscious Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2012, 20:45

hi tony, peel holdings are going to create a problem with these passes, they have already given passes out for 2012 but we will not know who will rejoin sefton for 2012 until after our a.g.m. in march, now they want next years passes sorting in august, who is going to control all the lapsed members of the affiliated clubs in polsaf
Back to top Go down
willow

willow

PostSubject: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2012, 18:50

Hi guy's here's a brief summary from last Thursday's P.O.L.S.A.F. meeting (if my memory allows me to remember)

Meeting started at 8 0'clock but was held up to see if the last chairman would arrive to explain himself. He was invited, but failed to show.

1. Ian took the chair and asked about nominations for the next chair. He asked all club reps to ask their clubs for a nominee.

2. Clubs who have not Re-affiliated. This was talked about, up to now 3 clubs have not rejoined and have their member's got this year's dock pass? are they with another club but not informed Polsaf? This will be looked into and put forward to the I.S.P.S officer.

3. The new laminated Pass's. The I.S.P.S. officer was not very happy with some member's just cutting up 2011 pass's and just using this year's pass. Last year's was a laminated one, but the then I.S.P.S officer Amanda did inform people what to do with it when they where given out. The old pass's had information and port police phone number on the the back so people could phone and report accidents or other incidents. So if any members still have their old pass please put this years on it.

4. The I.S.P.S officer also complained to Eddie (polsaf sec.) about members putting their re-newels in late and causing a back-log. Eddie pointed out this was due to people being away on holiday, in hospital and new members. So it was suggested that this years re-newels be in by August?.

5. Angling Trust. Ian informed the reps that he had been in talks with the Angling Trust. So Polsaf is now a member of the Angling Trust.

6.Sandon Dock and Seaforth Rocks. Eddie informed the reps that he had a meeting on the Friday about members fishing these marks.Quite a few reps put their views forward about fishing these marks in the past and the safety issues when fishing them. Eddie said he will put these view forward at the meeting.

7. Eric Thompson (Treasurer) Eric gave a brief statement about the Polsaf Finances. He also said he received quite a few cheques from various clubs and individuals and not sure what they where for. So if you are sending a cheque to Polsaf could you please write on the back what it is for and sign it.

A.O.B. It was reported that an other ship/boat has hit the river wall (by the lock gates) and it might have caused a trip hazard, so will have to wait and see if it needs a repair so any one fishing down that end be careful.

Further discussion on next years pass's took place, if we put them in for August then the club reps could collect their clubs en-bloc as soon as they are ready or bye the individual

The next Polsaf Fur and Feather was also discussed 2 weekends where put forward 1st was Sept. 24 and 25 but the tide times seemed a bit late, it meant if you fished the Sunday bye the time you done the weigh in it could be 11 30, 12 o'clock before you left. The next best weekend for time and tide is Dec. 8th and 9th, sat is high tide 18-03 sun 19-12 plus both descent tides 8mtr sat 8-3mtr sun. so a decision will be made a.s.a.p.
Meeting finished 9-45ish.

(A brief summary, wait till we get the FULL minutes)

Cheer's Tony (brain dead)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polsaf update(Brief Summary)   Polsaf update(Brief Summary) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Polsaf update(Brief Summary)
Page 1 of 1