Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

POLSAF FUR & FEATHER

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
willow

willow

POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Empty
PostSubject: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 21:06

Hi guys, Sorry the POLSAF fur & feather has been Postponed, just got this e-mail of Eddie.

Unfortunately this weekends Fur & Feather has been postponed due to H&S. reasons. Saturday has winds of 22mph with even stronger gust predicted. With North Westerlys and rain moving in, it would be Unwise to put 50 Angler's on the Alex Wall. Sunday isnt much better. The Decision was made by the Match Commitee after taking Advice and Forecast into account.

A later date will be arranged for this Event. Anyone not able to make the new dates will Recieve a Full Refund.

As organisers, we would Prefer to Disappoint than to Endanger Anglers.

Regards
Eddie Daley (Gen Sec. POLSAF)
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 21:31

fair enough Tony, but personally think its a bit early to start postponing matches. That strength wind only comes in at a force 5.Got lots on in January so will have to see if i can do it Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 17:40

too many fair weather anglers, but safety first is paramount
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 09:40

Can't help thinking that this decision should have been taken on Friday night when the latest forecast are issued. POLSAF credibility going right down in my opinion. Going to go down the wall later and see what conditions are like.
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 10:33

Ice was forecast -so its a fair shout if the wall has Ice on it its unsafe . santa
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 12:02

I agree, but it was'nt postponed because of ice, the postponement was because of winds in the region of a force five, and gusts up to a 6-7. I'm dissapointed because i've lost a days fishing and i personnally think they jumped the gun by postponing it on Thursday. It would have made more sense waiting till Friday evening and getting an up to date forecast. Just like the boats do.There will be anglers on the wall today fishing with no problems at all. Going down there myself later for a look. If i am wrong i will apologise for my comments on here and on the polsaf website
Back to top Go down
eddie

eddie

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 12:50

It would be great to have hindsight when making decisions but we felt to leave it till friday would not give enough notice for people to be informed. Thats why an early decision was made on the Thursday. The only way I have of getting hold of POLSAF members is through e-mailing club reps. I could not inform reps by e-mail on friday night and then expect them to contact all members that same night. This was the reason we felt we must make an early decision based on the info and advice we recieved on thursday. I can only apologise if the weather reports end up being incorrect. The reports on several sites spoke of 22mph winds NW and gusts of 32mph with a ground freeze early morning turning to rain later on. I was advised that winds of 15mph would be unfishable with NWesterlys.
With the information at hand, we felt it unwise to put 50 anglers on the wall.

Regards
Eddie
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 15:22

nothing wrong with that decision Eddie - they can always fish another day - if anything happens it will give the Port Authourities the chance to ban fishing - so keep it safe santa
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 17:24

Eddie, went down there today and had a good look, and you were right to postpone the match, so i apologise for the earlier comments . I was wrong. Any dates in mind ? Also could i suggest that polsaf look at having next years f+f in november..... December being poor weather for the last 3 years Also think that anything more than 40 anglers on that wall would be pushing it for comfortable fishing!
Back to top Go down
eddie

eddie

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 14:17

ste trish wrote:
Eddie, went down there today and had a good look, and you were right to postpone the match, so i apologise for the earlier comments . I was wrong. Any dates in mind ? Also could i suggest that polsaf look at having next years f+f in november..... December being poor weather for the last 3 years Also think that anything more than 40 anglers on that wall would be pushing it for comfortable fishing!

No probs Ste. You make some valid points that I will put forward at the next meeting. We will select another date soon.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2011, 18:01

Nice one Eddie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF FUR & FEATHER   POLSAF FUR & FEATHER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLSAF FUR & FEATHER
Page 1 of 1