Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

comp. at Otterspool

Go down 
+3
ste trish
w.ullathorne
chicbee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chicbee

comp. at Otterspool Empty
PostSubject: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2010, 22:59

Hi lads .My name is charlie and i help run my bus garage sea angling club in Glasgow. we,re coming south to fish Otterspool in mid Nov. Can anyone give us an idea on what to target at this venue.Its a national comp. for transport employee,s and over 50 anglers are taking part.Rigs, weights and bait.info would help.Thanks again for any gen. Chicbee
Back to top Go down
w.ullathorne

w.ullathorne

PostSubject: fishing ottespool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2010, 09:57

Hi charlie my name is billy i am a member of sefton sea a glers in liverpool ottespool can be a good venue species should be there will be cod, whiting flatfish maybe thornbacks and doggies best baits lug squid mackerel razer fish basically any bait works the hight of the tide is also important and it fishes better in the dark e mail me WITH THE DATE YOU ARE FISHING and i will give you some more imformation
tight lines billy ullathorne
Back to top Go down
http://w.ullathorne
chicbee

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2010, 14:40

Thanks Billy for that quick reply .We,re fishing Otterspool on thursday the 11th nov. Match time is 11am to 5pm .It was to be on wednesday the 10th but someone said tide didn,t suit. I,ve 10 club members driving down thursday morning and a few will stay overnight for presentation .Thanks again for your help in baits and species to target,and will pass on info to the other 9 mad scotties crossing the border to fish in scouseland.P.S ARE THE NATIVES FRIENDLY,or do they have scotties for breakfast.Only joking mate,niciest people you can meet.Cheers again big man
Back to top Go down
w.ullathorne

w.ullathorne

PostSubject: Fishing ottespool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2010, 20:37

Hi Charlie 11th is a good tide the bottom of mersey road fish,s good but anywhere can produce on the day ps are you useing grip leads ? you will need to .Best of luck
Billy ully sefton sea anglers
Back to top Go down
http://w.ullathorne
chicbee

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2010, 22:04

Thanks Billy took all that info on board 6oz and 8,s grips? Looking forward to a good day on the Mersey,tight lines and screaming reels to you for the rest of the year mate.Will let you know how we do. Cheers for Greenock on the Clyde.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2010, 22:50

Hello chicbee, take no notice of billy, he's a squid chucking boat angler Twisted Evil I fish loads at otterspool including a lot of opens. Had a first and second last year and done well in numerous club matches further down at Mersey road. A lot depends on what format you are fishing to, weight , size limits, mesure etc. we usually fish to 20cm and 2 hooks. Its a peggy venue with certain hotspots right along its lenght. Who ever picked that match tide and time wants shooting cause he's picked a bad un. Here's what i would do. First hour. Peeler crab on 20 inch shoods, one up one down ,4oz watch lead, 30 yards out, for the codling, most around the 20 -30cm but with quite a few insize. 2-3rd hour sandeel further out on 15-18 inch snoods 6 oz grip for the whiting As Billy said lug and squid will catch too. Last 3 hours. It will be pulling like a train! Especially on that size tide. Biggest fixed grip you have and cast a good distance as the fish will be running back into the channel. Slack water and the first half hour of the ebb is the best time for the rays but it might be late for them then. Some big flounders over this period too. Hot spots are the big pumping station. there are the remains of a jetty there and there is a deep hole about 70 yards out always full of fish. The Anchor, again a deep hole but only 40 to 60 yards out Most matches are usually won by the high number pegs ( to the right) but it depends where it is pegged from. Right down the wall can fish so dont neglect close in especiallly early on. It can be snaggy on some pegs so take plenty of rigs. A trolley can be handy if you get a peg to the right but the walk is worth it. Tight lines and let us know how you get on . Some of the lads out of our club are fishing it so it should be interesting. P.s Only taking the mick out of Billy, he 's give me a few pastings Very Happy Very Happy cheers PPs. I would bet money that match will be won in the first 3 hours, not much will be caught on the ebb( but hope i'm proved wrong Evil or Very Mad ) Cheers . Steve.
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 20:22

Thanks Steve what a great report i will try to bear all that in mind should i fish down there again. Is there any secrets about Mersey Road you want to share with me Smile as you know no one else will look at the secret report as no one else goes on line confused cheers Tim.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 21:09

Steves not talking about mersey road lads, hes talking about otterspool, (totally different animal)
mersey road is a far more tackle/angler friendly venue, less snags, less tide rip, still some good fishing to be had though.
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Mersey Road   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 15:44

There you go Steve no one looks at the site, as i asked anything about Mersey Road would be helpful cheers Wink Tim.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2010, 22:26

Tim I will tell you all about Mersey road........ after the fur and feather Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Only messing Tim. similar to otterspool but tide run not as fierce. Its cleaner ground so not as many codling close in but still worth fishing for. Different tactics work at different times take your pick Bait wise, crab, worm, squid. fish
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Mersey Road   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 21:51

Steve, thanks for that humor as well, has anyone got any spare crab for sale just a hundred will do?? no just joking any spare for sale give me a shout cheers Tim PS its for an old boat angler Laughing
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 21:43

Sorry Tim ,keeping all mine for the masters, and for freezing down for all the winter opens.
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Comp Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 20:19

Hi chickbe, How did you get on with the days fishing at Otterspool, did you have a good day out or a wast of time. Tim.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 07:59

TIM

u ndeed to stay off the sauce during the week drunken drunken ,, chicbee is not fishing till November 11th!,, them iron bru is mashing your peanut sized brain.. drunken drunken .

keith
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 20:28

Tim S wrote:
Hi chickbe, How did you get on with the days fishing at Otterspool, did you have a good day out or a wast of time. Tim.
waste Tim
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 21:15

Oops, Sorry Boys, I kneed to get out more. Or get a new pair of glasses, Or learn to read the text more drunken cheers Tim.
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 22:31

Tim S wrote:
Oops, Sorry Boys, I kneed to get out more. Or get a new pair of glasses, Or learn to read the text more drunken cheers Tim.
need Tim study
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 18:38

Barny thanks for the spelling mistake. But i cant help it if the spell checker gets it wrong Suspect . Tim
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 18:57

Tim S wrote:
Barny thanks for the spelling mistake. But i cant help it if the spell checker gets it wrong Suspect . Tim
wong Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: comp. at Otterspool   comp. at Otterspool Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

comp. at Otterspool
Page 1 of 1