Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

POLSAF F & F Comp Results.

Go down 
+2
mark a
Aquarius
6 posters
AuthorMessage
daba

daba

POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 22:02

Yep,agree,going on a boat trip next week in the Mersey,I must be mad,I will give a report after.Unless I blank. Embarassed

Seen the post by Ritchie in the fishy talk section,regarding the environment agency monitoring and taking water samples from the river,that must have been them we seen in the river last time out.A survey boat taking samples just off Seaforth rocks.and also up river later on. Idea
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 18:49

Can't we go back to talking about sole fishing!

some good points raised there Matt.

Its unfortunate the way Polsaf came about and the fact that if we want to fish the docks as a club or individual, we have to be members. Personally i would like to see the polsaf meeting to be in the evening then i think as a club we would be better informed. Billy Ullathorne struggled to get the meetings(as he was working) and i think we were lagging behind on things as a result. As well as being a member of sefton Sac, i am also a member of the NWASAC Pm's, Angling Trust, and SAMF. All these organisation are very good at informing there members what is happening within said organisations. They are also open to debate on how they do things. Anyway lets hope the next polsaf match is planned and publicised sooner so more of the sefton lads can do it. lets get away from the fishing politics and get back to the FISHING!
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2010, 21:56

Your right,we,ve diverted from the original topic.

Back to POLSAF,adding on to Dave's questions below, when I was doing the Members Sec job,and due to having to update the membership details, given to Phil Jackson, who was doing the dock passes back then,I asked the question as to how the POLSAF committee came to be elected.The answer I was given at the time, was that those people just happened to be there,but come that April they would hold an AGM to elect persons on to the committee.

I would like to know how the present committee came to be elected, as far as I am aware, Sefton Sea Anglers have not been kept up to date,regarding re-election of officers,as you would expect in the normal running of these things,not just for this club, but for all the clubs affiliated to POLSAF.

I would assume each club has the right to choose who goes on the POLSAF committee.

Maybe Ian can clarify the points made within this topic,and also explain to us what the constitution of POLSAF actually is. Question
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2010, 22:51

here's my secrets matt, a load of old frozen shitty bait in a mesh bag dropped down the walll;ragworm baits on small hook on light snoods fished down the wall; add a bit of luck and hey presto! Very Happy I reckon there are bigger ones there to be caught and fine tuning these tactics might do it .Will probably get my first session during May (Depending on tides) . Ste. Very Happy
Ps How did the Polsaf results get us to here? Question Smile
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2010, 21:58

I 'm for that,will drag our John along as well to show him how its done Laughing What did you use to get that many Sole !!!! ? --- a net? Razz
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2010, 16:44

matt, come with me to Bromborough for the sole.I think i;ve sussed the tactics for them. i had 3 in one session including the 2 pounder, another over a pound and one about 14 oz.. Went the next weekend and had another one about a pound Very Happy |I'll give you an e-mail when i'm going in the spring. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2010, 14:54

the question i would like to ask is this ! who decided it was seftons turn to run the fair and feather? nobody as far as i know ( and i am the secretary) aproached the club or the committee to see if there was any interest in running the match it seems to me that it was just pushed our way, now we seem to be getting flack over polsafs lack of ability to comunicate with its members
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2010, 10:55

Hi Steve,
not been shore fishing since before Christmas,me and Ray Bruchez fished the Alex wall ,down the far end ,because it was too dangerous to fish in front of the wall,due to all the ice at the time.High water was 03.00. Shocked We had plenty of small fish,but nothing of any size .Ray had all small coddling on fresh black lug,I had all small whiting on frozen lug and no coddling.weired that one.

Then the same morning John Doyle and I decided to give Otterspool a go, gave up about an hour before high water,due to the icy winds and freezing conditions,reeled in to pack my gear away,and found a tiny coddling on my hook.
Had a trip out with Ronnie and Dave on there new boat the other week,5 of us on board,two blanked (won't mention any names Laughing )the fishing was hard going to say the least,in total I think we had around twelve Dabs,no whiting and no coddling to be seen,fished just off the rocks at Seaforth as well,expected to see coddling at least or the odd small Conger.

One charter boat was fishing just past the Brazil buoy,don't know how he got on,but there was a private boat fishing up by the c23 buoy,we spoke to him in the marina,he said they had no coddling but had around 40 Dabs there.

There was also a Survey boat and it looked like they were taking water samples from the the mouth of the river around Seaforth rocks,don.t know why ,maybe just routine,but you never know.
Also,this boat was up river later on as well.

Got to say though,Ronnie and Dave have got themselves a cracking little boat (well maybe not little Razz )

Ah soles Laughing I didn't hold the record for long did I Embarassed That sole of yours will take some beating,must admit I also like fishing for them,will be giving sole fishing a go later in the year.
The shore ( and boat )fishing is grim at the moment,will be giving it a go for the flounders in a few weeks time. bounce
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2010, 22:30

Cheers Matt, you dont need to be a match angler to enjoy matches or to know if they are run well. I'd not catorgorise myself as just a match angler as i have spent a fair few session trying to catch something big over the last 12 months .A 8lb thornie was the biggest, but the 2-0-8 sole at Bromborough was one of my angling highlights. Going to fish there in the summer and autumn a lot for the sole Very Happy Makes a nice change from whiting, eels and dabs! You been out anywhere?
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 23:47

Some good points made there Steve, And I'm not a match angler. Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 22:42

A few points.

We are not the biggest club in the north west. Only about 30 of us actually go fishing

Our members dont support their OWN club events what chance of an open. As far as i know, only 3 or 4 of the club fish opens on a regular basis.

The majority of anglers i spoke to in the week leading up to the event didnt know any of the details of the match

A two day event like this needs a full year of planning to be a success. Look at the nwasac 2 day event. 100 anglers from all over the country and it runs like clockwork

Asking a different club to organise the event each year is a recipe for disaster. 13 clubs in the federation, 13 different sets of rules?

It is dissapointing that the turnout was low. Imagine how each of the captains feels when they organise a club event and only a small percentage of club anglers bother going?

Before criticising any section of the club any member should ask themselves. Have they themselves supported that section and know the veiws of the regulars in that section.?

On a personal note, I've got to admit i think the alex is a terrible match venue. One section is snaggy as hell, another section you catch more container boats than fish, its tidal deep and when its pegged you end up reeling in other peoples tackle all the time and vice-versa. If i was going to organise a match there i would only put 25 pegs out each day

Hope this hasnt come across as a rant as its not intended to be. It s meant to be constructive

Well done to all the anglers taking part and the the winners. Wouldnt bet against Jonny Waugh on any match on the mersey no matter who is taking part. He's a cracking angler

Finally i'd like to mention Mark. He put in a fair bit of work making phone calls to sponsors and to the Polsaf Committee. I think they should have consulted him before setting the re-arranged dates. He booked a weekend off from work for the original match which probably cost him. Seen his arse with the whole thing

Anyway no fishing for me for a bit, trying to make up for the shitty weather by working weekends Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
willow

willow

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 20:58

yes Ian I agree with you it was a poor turnout by S.S.A members, but I personally put down to poor communication from P.O.L.S.A.F. The match on 9/10 wich was called off BY P.O.L.S.A.F for H.S.E reasons, might have had a better turn out over the 2 days had it gone ahead. I know quite afew off OUR members where looking foreward to fishing that weekend, both mark and steve had put a fair bit of work into that weekend. I did not know the match was called off till the thursday,after i had order'ed my baits and also the other lads who had orderd theirs. Also we did NOT have confirmation till the wedensday (or the thursday) that the match was on, but the Pirates knew?
I spoke to several of the pirates on the sunday who were glad that 9/10 was called off because the could'nt make it due to work commitments,also a couple of the Southport lads only found out on the friday that the match match was on.So some of thier lads could'nt make it that weekend. So basically,I think it was POOR COMMUNICATION from P.O.L.S.A.F. not S.S.A anglers. also Congratulations to the lWinner's and their Clubs
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 20:21

I am going to respond to Ian's comments regarding the low turn out from Sefton Sea Anglers,Speaking personally ,I fished the first two POLSAF matches along with a few other of the lads in our group,within Sefton SAC .The first year I was drawn on peg 7,which is the area over the wall end,and were the snags are,due to a sunken trailer or what ever it is down there.My first six casts resulted in six snags and six sets of tackle lost,Johnny Waugh who was fishing six pegs away from me,asked one of the organizers on the day,if I could move to another vacant peg ,as he said I had no chance of landing a fish, the answer we got was a curt "luck of the draw mate".At that point I decided it was a complete waste of time and packed in .
The following year we were told that the snag area pegs would be omitted from the match,so we turn up on the Sunday draw our pegs I got a peg fishing in front of the wall,happy chappy,next up was John Doyle, and he gets a peg right in the middle of the snag area ( so much for the promise to omit this area Shocked ). John went down to check were about his peg was,and when he realized it was the snag area,came back to the guy who took his money,and asked him if they had made a mistake in the pegging,the answer was, "no its included",John told him if he was made aware of it beforehand he would not have bothered turning up.Needless to say John lost tackle after tackle,the same as me the year before.

So we came away from that match,swearing never to fish it again.
Thats my reason for not bothering to turn up.
Other people may have other reasons for not turning up,
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 18:32

thanks for the results Ian but when a match is re-organised with only 2 weeks after a cancelled match it is hard for members who work to change shifts etc. How can you expect more support from members when the information about the re-sheduled match was so vague, plus no disrespect to our membes but only 2 of those who attended never bother to attend our club events anyway
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

PostSubject: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 13:28

Hi everyone
My thanks to the Sefton SAC members who turned out to fish this comp. Thanks to, Jimmy Pattison, Ian Williams, Mal Bell, Charlie Baxter and Tony Williamson, who all fished on the Sunday. here are the results for the two days.

Saturday

1st prize went to: J Backland, of Mersey Pirates, who had 349 Cm.

2nd prize went to: D Bradshaw, of Mersey Pirates, who had 286 Cm.

3rd prize went to: N Jones, of Mersey Pirates, who had 200 Cm.

Sunday

1st prize went to: J Bradley, of Mersey Pirates, who had 276 Cm.

2nd prize went to: J Waugh, of Mersey Anglers, who had 199 Cm.

3rd prize went to: C Nevitt, of Halton SAC, who had 170 Cm

Well done those lads! On a percentage basis, the Mersey Pirates took 66% of the prize money.

I had hoped for a better turnout from Sefton SAC; as, including myself, only six anglers from the biggest club in the northwest, turned out to fish this competition.

Best
Ian McKay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLSAF F & F Comp Results.   POLSAF F & F Comp Results. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLSAF F & F Comp Results.
Page 1 of 1