Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin

Martin

Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Empty
PostSubject: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 13:05

In the absense of any club boat matches this weekend can I suggest we get out on a pleasure bash if possible?
Tides are around 8.5m

Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: pleasure bash   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 13:58

hi martin i think the tides are to big unless you fish i hour each side of low or high
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 19:30

massive tide for the boats on the mersey. Can remember fishing an 8.2 and struggling to anchor
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 21:50

Apologises folks I misread the tidetable - I was rushing in my lunchbreak, 'onest guv!
The tides of 31st/1st are actually pushing 8.7m - 8.9m which is probably too much even for me to try the river but I'm sure we've fished 8 - 8.5m without too much trouble? But I will stand to be corrected of course - so don't all start beating me up! Embarassed
I've tucked in over the Wirral side by the Egg bouy when it's been bombing through... I think?

This Saturday is 8.28
Sat 24th 04:21 2.63m L 10:05 8.28m H 16:52 2.42m L 22:31 8.16m H

As Steve says, if that's considered too big no probs - weather will probably rule out thoughts anyway - just my missus is getting rather fed up with this boat never moving from the side of the house! Mad
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: pleasure fihing   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2009, 21:59

we have fished tides over 9meters but you only get 1 hour each side of slack and you can not leave it any longer as pulling the anchor up when the tide is running hard is dodgy to say the least but in years gone bye we have had up to 30 cod in the 2 hours it was well worth the effort but this year is a different story its not worth the effort
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 08:07

Hi Dave, 30 Cod!! that's the sort of stuff most of us can only dream about - caught 30 Mackerel once!!! Smile

I was thinking to texting my mate Tim to try and give it a go tomorrow but all this rain and the fact the fishing has been poor anyway has convinced to go out the pub tonight instead. bounce

It is a catch 22 situation on the river, as your own experience shows, small tide are easier to fish but the fish don't seem to bite as much whereas the bigger tides can produce more and bigger fish - if you can make your anchor stick and more importantly keep the baits down.

OK lads, lets hope the weathers more favourable on w/e of 21/21nd Feb - I think that's the next time the tides are small enough at a weekend.

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 11:12

Weather's picked up now and the forecast for tomorrow is dry,sunny with light winds...errmmm???
If another boat fancies giving it a go let me know and I'll and be there, providing Tim's ok too of course.

...correction to previous post, keeping the anchor down is always far more important than keeping he bait down of course.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 17:52

as Dave says , the fish are there , its just the difficulties of boating and fishing that put the kibosh on it during bigger tides. Same problems on the shore. I'm certain the cod still feed during the bigger tides but holding bottom can be a nightmare. I'm debating cutting 8" of one of my older beach rods so it will cast 10oz superzoom fixed grip leads. The bigger tides on venues like otterspool and the alex shouldnt be a problem then Shocked The shore lads fish at bromborough on the bigger tides without any problems, might be worth a go in the boat down there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: pleasure fishing   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 18:19

i have never used any thing bigger than an 8oz fixed wire lead if that wont hold bottom its time to come in but i usually uptide
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 19:30

Oh well after all that Tim's working away at the moment and won't be home this weekend - so that's that then - got us talking anyway didn't it?

Yeah I use a couple of 4-10oz uptiders with fully grown fixed wire gemini's and have never had a problem. Strangely enough although the fishing has been very poor, and everwhere around the country going by the reports, we've done ok, not brilliant but 3 - 4 keepers of mostly 4-6lb and Tim's 10lb 10oz one of course. - Has he had an opportunity to bore you all to death yet about how he played it for 1/2hr and how it broke my landing net? Very Happy

Oh well have my tea now and see if I can sneak off to the pub later then.
See you soon lads.
Martin
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 19:43

martin

woukld have been great but anything over 8.2 or 8.3 meters is virtually unfishable,,, i too am dying to get out and if i do i will post
on here so anyone can join,,,,,,going to hall road monday thougth for a bit of beach terror.....
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 12:15

what time u fishin' hall road keith?
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 18:16

steve
high water 11.25am so will be there about 9am,,,r u coming to join me?
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: HOME AGAIN.   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 20:18

SORRY I COULD NOT MAKE THE WEEKEND BOYS WORK CAME FIRST AS I WAS ALL READY AWAY. FIRST TIME ON THIS SITE HOPE TO USE IT MORE OFTEN. CHEERS FOR NOW BOYS. TIM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb   Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pleasure bash weekend of 31st Jan/1st Feb
Page 1 of 1