Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Pleasure bash next weekend?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin

Martin

Pleasure bash next weekend? Empty
PostSubject: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 22:26

In the unlikely event of the weather being on our side for once, anyone fancy getting out next weekend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 23:08

Hi Martin...
sorry, but we are on our annual pilgrimage to Ireland on Wednesday for 10 days,,,,, hope you can get out though... keith Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2013, 10:58

Never mind Keith, hope you have a great time over there, how many boats are going from the club?
Anyone not going to Ireland, can you let me know if you fancy it please.
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2013, 18:11

Hi Martin,
Blu-Noze is also going to Ireland.

Hope you get out this weekend mate.

be safe
Richie
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2013, 19:07

Nice one Rich, hope you have a memorable trip, for all the right reasons. You fellas must have very understanding wives/girlfriends/boyfriends... or no wives/girlfriends/boyfriends! ... gotta be politically correct haven't you!

Anyway, getting a couple of people letting me know that they wont be partaking what about those that are?
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2013, 07:08

Hi Martin,, there are 3 boats from the club going, Blu Noze, Hunter 2 and Kingfisher,,,

``You fellas must have very understanding wives/girlfriends/boyfriends... or no wives/girlfriends/boyfriends! ... gotta be politically correct haven't you! ``

No Martin,, you just have to tell your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend that you are going!  its dead easy lol,,, you will have to try it next year and come with us!!!!!

Hope you get out this weekend,,, tight lines...keith:king:
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2013, 09:31

ha, ha, right as soon as she gets in from work I'm gonna lay the law down and let her know who's boss!... Yeah!! Right!!!

Ooooooh but I'm scared, will you tell her for me? Sad 

She keeps telling me to sell the boat as it is... and there is such a thing as a tipping point you know - I'll end up sleeping in that boat!
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2013, 14:17

hi martin,, is it too late in life for you to grow some gonads? or are you back with the white goods where she makes you belong ? lol...
if you go for ten days then you are using the boat! that's what she wants isn't it? I will tell her if you want.. she doesn't scare me!!!!!
as for sleeping in the boat,, cant see a problem there either!!lol! king 
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2013, 15:57

Oh she clipped my gonads years ago...
she did used to wear them as ear rings... very small ear rings!Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 09:12

Ok looking at the forecast for the weekend, early indications are that tomorrow is going to be on and Sunday is definitely off.
Will confirm following the local weather forecast on BBC1 tonight at 7:00pm.
If on, we will be on the looking to launch around 7:30 in the morning, hopefully one or two others from the club can make it.
VHF radio channel 72
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 18:59

Well if anyone's out there, tomorrow is on.
Tim and I will be on the beach for 7:30, hopefully one or two other boats from the club can make an appearance.

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 12:13

Tim and I ended up going out on our own on Josam and despite the promising forecast the wind was blowing a strong northerly and kicking up quite a big swell and coupled with early morning rain, it all turned a bit Jack Hawkins (Cruel Sea) on us - we even had to put our navigation lights on for a while is was that grim.
Anyway we couldn't venture out too far and stayed within the relative safety of the Rock Channel, where we caught plenty of dabs along with a starry smoothhound, tiny whiting and dogs.  The sea eased slightly at one point and we managed to push out half way towards the windmills, where a charter boat was sitting, but no sooner had we got there than things took a turn for the worse that we both upped anchors and headed back where we started from.

We were the only small boat out along with 4 charter boats, 1 by us in the Rock Channel, 2 stayed close to the training wall by the Brazil Buoy and another of the Radar Station.

In the end the weather got the better of us but it was good to get out and give the engine a run for the first time in a couple of months. Roll on the autumn cod run.

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2013, 14:41

We where out on stormdancer we started near the egg had some good sized dabs then moved down river where we had 2 double figure skate and loads of pinn head whiting one of us reeled in after a good bite to find the head of a whiting on his hook the rest of it had been eaten by something bigger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure bash next weekend?   Pleasure bash next weekend? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pleasure bash next weekend?
Page 1 of 1