Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Connahs Quay sat 11//4/15

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Connahs Quay sat  11//4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Connahs Quay sat 11//4/15   Connahs Quay sat  11//4/15 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2015, 18:44

Les, Vinny and myself went to connahs Quay Saturday to fish the 4 th leg of the NW pms league , condition were good , with a bit of sun every now and then, slightly windy  and a comfortable enough venue . We fished to the right of the quay , starting off on the sand but ending up on the grass bank between sand and grass there was about 15 ft of mud only about a couple of inches deep but slippy as anything , I ended up getting it all over my hands when I slipped in it but just my pride hurt!
Fishing was slow to begin with where we were pegged but come good later on , everyone caught mostly flounders and a few eels including my first one for the year.  Some pegs were fishing excellent with ex welsh national manager , Mike Flynn getting fish virtually every cast! He ended up winning with 20 fish , top angling. I think vinny had 5 les 7 and I ended up with 9 , finishing 8 th out of 20. It does pull on the flood here and ideally should be fished on smallish tides . Various baits caught although I found whites tipped with mackerel best
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

Connahs Quay sat  11//4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Connahs Quay sat 11/4/15   Connahs Quay sat  11//4/15 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2015, 12:42

Thanks for your post Steve.

I always look forward to all posts and although things have been a bit quiet
on the website recently, I hope there will be a lot more posts as the
fishing improves.

I hear that a 6lb Bass was caught on the rock channel banks by one of the
Wirral lads recently and an undersize one on Tuesday this week.

I hope this is a good sign for us all and that we hear of some plaice being caught.

I look forward to some posts from our fellow anglers.
Back to top Go down

Connahs Quay sat 11//4/15
Page 1 of 1