Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Outing on Sunday 20th May

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

Outing on Sunday 20th May Empty
PostSubject: Outing on Sunday 20th May   Outing on Sunday 20th May Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 09:43

Had a good days fishing yesterday with Gary [from the Wirral] in his boat. As it was an 8.7m high tide car and trailer were parked up top.
Flat calm for most of the day but became a little choppy later on.
Not many small boats out despite the good weather, flat calm seas, good prospects for Bass, and the better flow of a rising tide.
Gary started with the most bites whilst I patiently waited my turn and as the tide turned us at anchor my turn came.
Total catch was 5 Bass three keepers, best about 3lbs, thornback ray, loads of dabs, and a few flounder with one particularly nice fish. Lots of bites from schoolie bass missed but what can you do!!!!
Moved later on to try for plaice but only dabs caught.
There have been recent reports of bass being taken up to 8 1/2 pounds.

All in all a good days fishing with the prospects looking bright for a good bass season especially when the weather warms up.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Outing on Sunday 20th May   Outing on Sunday 20th May Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 13:25

nice one steve,, at least you were out and having a go,,,,looks good for the summer as you say as long as we get some warmer weather....

dont suppose you will be joining our little outing on Sunday 27th????
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Outing on Sunday 20th May   Outing on Sunday 20th May Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 19:49

had a go on the edbro last wednesday, missed out on a boat trip as it was full,so fished of the bank,did not see any of dem der cat fish every one is talking about but did see 3 snakes swimming across the river,shit meself twice decided to call it a day when i saw the third one
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Outing on Sunday 20th May   Outing on Sunday 20th May Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2012, 22:12

Thanks Keith, would love to join you but I have other plans for this long Bank Holiday weekend.
Hope you all get out and have a good days fishing.

Hi Dave, are you sure they were snakes on the river? I thought they were only in the grass!!!! Doh - Laughing as the quotation goes.
Pity the weather in Spain isn't as good as it is here! Whats the fishing like apart from the Catfish in the River which we all know about?
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Outing on Sunday 20th May   Outing on Sunday 20th May Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2012, 07:54

hi steve,, this weekend is not a bank holiday wwekend !!!! how did i know you wouldnt be out with your own club,,,??? shame really... get on your mower....hope you enjoy it.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outing on Sunday 20th May   Outing on Sunday 20th May Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outing on Sunday 20th May
Page 1 of 1