Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08 Empty
PostSubject: Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08   Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 21:12

Myself,my dad,Mark Allanson and Colin Cooke fished the 6th round of the PM's match at deganwy on sunday. We started fishing at midday and it was slow. As it was right through the match! My dad didalright and managed 5 but ,unfortunatley they were all small. as was the one that i caught. Mark and Colin struggled on a tough venue but kept going right to the end. The standard of the field was high but no one angler ran away with it and there were quite a few blanks. Local knowledge suggested we fished the wrong time of the tide 2up 3 down. The winner was Welsh international angler Richie Flannagan with 2 flounders and a nice bass of about 2 pound , one of 3 taken along with flounders and eels. Weather was okay and i had a good laugh fishing next to veteran angler John Williams who gave me some great boat marks on the mersey and dee. Tight Lines
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08   Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 16:19

yeh another crap match for me, fish were caught next to me, i just couldn't find them coupled with the weed masking the hooks didn't make it easy. Never mind just need to pull my finger out next time Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

PostSubject: Re: Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08   Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08 Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2008, 23:05

Match Report: 6th Round of N.W.A.S.A.C. Personal Members Championship 2008, Sun 6.7.08, Deganwy, Conwy (35 rods).

Some minor difficulties such as a rotating wind direction, early weed and yachts that came too close to the shore did not detract too much from an enjoyable day on the beautiful Conwy estuary.
The fishing was not spectacular with the relatively scarce flounders providing a challenge together with a few small bass which were upstaged by Richie Flanagan’s last cast 45cms specimen. This gave him the win when added to his two flounders.
Local angler John Jones only needed two flounders for second place but one of them was the biggest of the match at 40 cms.
Birkenhead’s Ian Brookes’ absence handed the series lead to Wallasey ace, Jamie Pickup but on recent form, Ian is still a strong contender for the championship .

Results:
1. Richie Flanagan (Wallasey), 2 flounders, 1 bass, 1380 gms. (pic)
2. John Jones (Llanfairfechan), 2 flounders, 1340 gms.
3. Joe Perry(Litherland), 1 eel, 3 flounders, 1 bass, 1160 gms.
4. James Kelly (Thingwall) 850 gms.
5. John E. Williams (Wallasey), 840 gms.
6. Wayne McGilloway (Greenfield), 770 gms

Roundfish pool:
R. Flanagan- bass 920 gms

Flatfish Pool:
J.Jones, flounder, 1340 gms.

Series after 5 rounds:
J. Pickup 109
I. Brookes 106
J. Perry 88
B. Lindfield 84
J. Waugh & W. McGilloway 76
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08   Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08 Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 16:57

another great report Heather, thanks
hopefully see you at otterspool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08   Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deganwy,PM's match 6/7/08
Page 1 of 1