Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Final League Match in March

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

Final League Match in March Empty
PostSubject: Final League Match in March   Final League Match in March Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2009, 15:48

Steve has suggested an away match,,,dont know where but i think wherever we go the fishing will be poor due to the time of year....am open to all suggestions though so if we vote an away match fine by me.dont know where? Maybe make the last match a biggest fish? conger skate or cod? maybe a species hunt in the river? any thoughts anyone? or keep it to the format we have had so faR? after all thats the formula we have used so far....
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Final League Match in March   Final League Match in March Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2009, 16:32

cant you get your boats up the River Alt???????????????????????
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Final League Match in March   Final League Match in March Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2009, 12:23

As Keith say the fishing been poor all over the northwest so although I'm not adverse to trying somewhere else, I think most other venues such as Anglesey, Conway etc a 5/6lb cod would be exceptional -even in good times - that's why their boats come into the river each winter. So I'd vote for the last match in the river. If I hear that Conway is fishing ok, I'll let you know and maybe arrange a pleasure bash sometime?
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: last match   Final League Match in March Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2009, 19:40

Hi lads, how about the match fishing down river.I don't supposed many have fished down past the Liver Buildings? Its just a thought. Tim s
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Final League Match in March   Final League Match in March Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2009, 17:19

You just want to see if you can see your house Tim Laughing
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: last league match   Final League Match in March Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2009, 07:27

tim,we could have it down river but what do we fish for? the only thing i can think of is a species hunt in the river or stick to the 3 biggest cod and three whiting for the last match...?
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Final League Match in March   Final League Match in March Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2009, 11:45

I take it we're looking at getting out next Saturday (7th March) Keith?
As it's the last match of the winter shall we have a £5 a man pool for the biggest cod?
errmm now about these scales Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Final League Match in March   Final League Match in March Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2009, 16:28

martin
our next match is sat/sunday 21st/22nd march..that was the only weekend with tides ok for both days......next sat is ok but sunday too big at 8.4 to 8.6 metres...
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Last Match   Final League Match in March Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2009, 20:48

Keith, we could fish as a league match the biggest cod for a fiver each or the biggest whiting. Or as always heaviest catch. See what the rest of the lads say. Tim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final League Match in March   Final League Match in March Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final League Match in March
Page 1 of 1