Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm Empty
PostSubject: fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm     fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 13:35

As none of the BOAT LADS wanted to play out and the weather was perfect. i thought i would fish a few hours just to get out the house,,, arrived on the knuckle 12.30,, NO ONE ELSE ALONG THE WHOLE OF THE PROMENADE... started to set up. noticed lots of line left by previous angler, so started picking it up to put in bin,,10 mins later still picking up rubbish and one lot of line with 3 hooks still attached!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad (and people wonder why we keep getting banned from various spots!!! ) 15 mins later, 2 guys and an older gentleman arrived,,,they set up next to me and i mean next to me,, within 10 feet!!! Twisted Evil the whole of the prom was empty right up to Jag House..(shall i say something? nah, not worth it) then they proceed to litter the place with empty crips bags etc. What a Face ..Time to move me thinks,, so up sticks and move towards the Brittania in one of the bays,,, sets up again, then this older chap sits on nearby bench and asks if he can watch? Question hmmm....then proceeds to talk the biggest load of drivel about anything and everything,, i even turn my back to him whilst watching my rods and he stll carries on talking,, confused ,by now am getting a bit cheesed off as you can imagine,,,then every 10 second passing kids,, have you caught anything mister? Exclamation by 3.30pm i had had enough,, i thought fishing was a gentle past time and quiet... no chance ....does anyone do a T Shirt with : I HAVENT CAUGHT ANYTHING NO!! : on it? they should do,, they would make a fortune! so much for a quiet few hours fishing,,,, question is 1/,,, why do people leave rubbish on a peg? 2/ why fish so close when so much room available? 3/why did i bother in the 1st place? Think i will stick to boat fishing in future........oh yes by the way, i caught 2 undersize codling,,so it wasnt a complete wasted effort..WEATHER GLORIOUS AND FISHED IN A T SHIRT ALL DAY... tight lines keith sunny
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm     fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 17:46

Is it because you are so popular Kieth........went over to New Brighton to take dogs for a walk loads of people fishing low water off Harrison Drive area right out off coast guard also Perch Rock and counted ten small boat trailers parked on beach was a lovely day flat calm dont know if any fish were caught ........
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm     fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 22:11

Clowns mate jocolor We fished up at morcambe both days over the weekend, it was a struggle but some nice plaice and flounders came out. Dad blanked the first day ( not the only one). I had two flounders for 76cm but was well down in my zone. 2nd day dad had a plaice of 31cm and i had 2 flounder for 72cm . I think i came 5th or 6th in my zone out of 25 so not too bad. Crab and blacks were the best baits with no pattern to the fishing . Biggest plaice was 47cm about 2 pound
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm     fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 22:13

Why was no -one out on the boats, perfect weather and tides and the river is full of rays Shocked
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm     fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 07:46

steve
i think the excuse was ~ i am washing my hair~ enough said....... Sleep
Back to top Go down
colin dreaves

colin dreaves

PostSubject: Re: fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm     fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 09:14

It not just the beach anglers who leave the fishing area untidy we have seen the ammount of rubbish floating past our boat from charters / small boats you can see them offloading squid boxes,bait wrapping etc, some anglers don't seem to give it a second thought it must just come second nature to them hate to see the pits they live in

From your fishing report it looks like the rays have not reached the otterspool yet

PS lucky I don't have any hair to wash
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm     fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 17:39

we would have loved to be out but at present our boat is in the boat yard undergoing its refit at least that is what it looks like when we add up the cost it was only going to be a paint job to start with
  fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm IMGP0604
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm     fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fished columbus quay sunday 27 march 1pm till 3.30pm
Page 1 of 1