Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

sefton sea anglers trophy list

Go down 
+2
Tim S
Dave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

sefton sea anglers trophy list Empty
PostSubject: sefton sea anglers trophy list   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2010, 23:56

after tonights committee meeting i have decided to list the trophies agreed on in 2009 by the committee and ratified at a club meeting
charter boats
1 boat league cup fished for over 4 nominated boat matches during the year
2 boat knockout cup awarded to the angler with the most species throughout the year

beach fishing
3 summer shore league top individual
4 winter shore league top individual
5 anglesea shore cup winner of a one off shore match originally fished in anglesey
small boats
6 dingy shield fished for on a one off basis -the cod cup
7 dingy summer league based over nominated matches
8 dingy winter league as above
miscellaneous
9 triple crown this trophy is to be used for the fur and feather match winner
10 junior Conway shield to be used for the winner of the junior fur and feather
11 junior annual trophy this award replaces the junior -species ,conservation,summer and winter
trophies
12 jimmy Newell memorial trophy for the most species caught from any discipline in the year
13 harry scales cup awarded to the angler who caught the best specimen fish during the year from with in the nwasac area
14 the UK cup the best specimen fish caught in the UK waters excluding the nwasac area
15 the heaviest fish trophy awarded for the heaviest fish from within the UK waters
16 stalmine trophy awarded by the committee to the angler catching the best fish but not winning one of the above trophies
17 Eddie treble awarded by the committee recognizing the angler who despite adversities has continued to support the club
18 peter coggins memorial trophy nominated by the committee for services rendered to the club
19 Jim salkeld memorial cup awarded for the heaviest cod from all disciplines
20 officers and delegates cup fished for by the committee
21 casting cup awarded to the winner of a casting comp.
the following have been discontinued
old Conway shield
the association team trophy
the windrow shield
the guy shield
this is the full and complete list

Last edited by Dave on July 21st 2010, 09:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Trophies   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2010, 20:24

Dave Hi, sorry i missed the meeting but, are you sure of the cups, just looking at the list i am not sure of the cup you are calling the Jim Salkirk cup should be Jim Salkeld??? also if we fish for the Dinghy Shield its for the heaviest Cod on the day.Does this mean if we catch the heaviest Cod in the year that we win the two Cups??. Cheers for now, Tim
Back to top Go down
w.ullathorne

w.ullathorne

PostSubject: jim salkeld cup   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2010, 00:09

Hi tim it is the jim salkeld cup its for the biggest cod caught in the mersey only I won it this year by the way with a 4ld 8oz cod shows what the cod fishing in the mersey is like lately see you next meeting i hope
billy ully
Back to top Go down
http://w.ullathorne
w.ullathorne

w.ullathorne

PostSubject: jim salkeld cup   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2010, 00:12

its me again just forgot to mention the biggest cod caught across all sections anywhere in the mersey
Back to top Go down
http://w.ullathorne
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: sefton sea anglers trophy list   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2010, 10:06

hi Tim,sorry about the mistake if you look at the time i put the thread on it will help to explain it,this list is what we all agreed in 2009, i have only put it on because on Tuesday night in a committee meeting nobody seemed to know what was what,we badly need a trophy steward its not a hard job if done over 12 months but to expect some one to volunteer and do the presentation in 4 weeks is imposable to do with out mistakes as proved this year,Eddie did a great job only for him there would not have been a presentation even though we missed a few
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Cups   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2010, 20:15

Dave Thanks for the reply don't be to worried we all get it wrong now and again it is hard to do it at such a short notice but it was a very good job on the day keep up the very good work. very tight lines, Tim Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: sefton sea anglers trophy list   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2010, 20:32

did the committee sort out why no award has been given for the 3lb 8 oz plaice i caught in Weymouth last year, I spoke to Steveabout it and he said he would investigate...Barny Campbell
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Trophies   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 10:46

Hi Barny
It appears that in the past new club record holders have been awarded a certificate
and the specimen award winners in each discipline received a trophy.
Unfortunately no one has come forward to undertake the position of Trophy Steward and it therefore appears that we are in limbo. Any club member reading this note should consider this position otherwise there will be no Trophy awards next year.

I should like to put on record my thanks to Eddie McQuade for stepping forward, at short notice, to arrange this years trophies. Without his work there wouldn't have been any trophies awarded .
Thanks again Eddie.
To those who have been vocally critical of the missed awards I think that they should come forward and offer to do the job themselves. Any offers?

Regards
Steve

Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: sefton sea anglers trophy list   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 23:54

If the trophy situation is becoming out of hand , do away with them and give out tackle vouchers. Only a hardcore of members fish anyway so it will only affect a few
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sefton sea anglers trophy list   sefton sea anglers trophy list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sefton sea anglers trophy list
Page 1 of 1