Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

the cod cup Saturday 9th January 2010

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

the cod cup  Saturday 9th January 2010 Empty
PostSubject: the cod cup Saturday 9th January 2010   the cod cup  Saturday 9th January 2010 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2010, 18:39

boys and girls
The Cod Cup will be fished on saturday 9th January fishing 8.30am till 2.30pm.. match is for biggest single Cod ONLY....no bait restrictions,,, (we might fish Sunday but only if saturday is unfishable).. this is a 1 day match only... biggest single cod will win the Cod cup.... i am on lates this week so wont make the meeting tomorrow but Colin will give out all the details.... i will post on friday if match is on but if you need to call me , call me on my mobile and not on home number (as i wont be there!) any fish must be insize and will be weighed at the end of the match on the beach... dont forget, evryone in the water for 8.15am for an 8.30 kick off and good luck to all....... drunken
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: fishing saturday IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!!!   the cod cup  Saturday 9th January 2010 Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 15:23

Boys and girls.....

seems we are all desperate to get out fishing even if its bloody freezing!! HOWEVER... I.have spoken to Safewater Training today and they say that the top of the slip IS FULL OF ICE.....the council have
not gritted it at all....Steve is going over tomorrow to check it out and then will call me. If it is too dangerous to use i will call it off tomorrow afternoon... dont want to really as i am crawling the walls here, but i also dont want to get everyone over there saturday morning to find the slip is un-usable..I know people may be disappointed but i have to err on the Safety side for all club members.....as soon as Steve phones me i will post immediatley on here whether is is On or Off.......sorry for the post but i have to be sure it is safe to use before anyone gets injured............thanks.... Keith..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: COD CUP Saturday IS OFF OFF OFF OFF   the cod cup  Saturday 9th January 2010 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2010, 10:46

Boys
steve has looked at the slip and in his opinion it would be too dangerous to launch... Therefore the
COD CUP IS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry boys but i have to think of everyones safety....the slip is covered in ice for 3 quarters of the whole slip....it is simply not feasable to fish in this instance and the forcast is for more snow again on top of this...... i will re shedule the match for a later date...thanks again to Steve Bates for going over to look at the slip for me.......sorry boys Keith.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: the cod cup Saturday 9th January 2010   the cod cup  Saturday 9th January 2010 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2010, 15:22

C'est la vie

Never mind boys. I'm sure we're all disappointed at not getting out again but there's enough danger involved in our pastime as it is - don't want to be killed on the slipway - how stupid would that look! :-)
better luck next time eh!

Thanks Steve and Keith - at the very least you've saved us all a wasted journey.

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Heath & Safety   the cod cup  Saturday 9th January 2010 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2010, 17:31

Well done Keith, again a good call we all want to return home after a days fishing, gets my vote every time. Cheers Tim.
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: the cod cup Saturday 9th January 2010   the cod cup  Saturday 9th January 2010 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2010, 19:00

Good call Skip
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: the cod cup Saturday 9th January 2010   the cod cup  Saturday 9th January 2010 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2010, 22:48

common sense prevails once again a good call - there is always another day soon i hope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the cod cup Saturday 9th January 2010   the cod cup  Saturday 9th January 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the cod cup Saturday 9th January 2010
Page 1 of 1