Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Mondays Farce

Go down 
+5
daba
Dave
ste trish
Tim S
keith g
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim S

Tim S

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Farse   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2009, 20:30

I agree with Keith they have let us down again they have known ALL YEAR and must have a phone number to ring to let someone know. Yes i will have to travel further but as i have said you all travel further to fish so whats the problem Mondays Farce Icon_question Mondays Farce Icon_question , Tim
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2009, 20:20

Calm down Calm down, Laughing

Mondays Farce 35284013
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2009, 18:41

I will try and keep this on the same thread, unlike others...
Mr Mackay,,, if i recall we had no choice about moving last time,,,Dunnies closed its doors without notifying any one including us! i remember standing outside the club a couple of weeks in a row...the members did not vote to move, we had no choice but to move!!!! The Prison Officers club let us down over the prices,not anyone from the clubs fault..that was totally beyond anyones control...The ale here is sh*te ( some people obviously have no tastebuds at all) and the parking is crap since we lost the car park at the back of the chinese...there are buses that pass the Giroclub and its not far from 2 train stations,,,i wonder exactly how many of our members come by bus? most i think drive, get a lift or a taxi i think,but thats only my PERSONAL OPINION ,,unlike some i dont pretend to speak for the majority a..cos i dont have my Kreskin head on at the moment and b/ having not spoken to the majority i fail too see how i can! Most of the members i have spoken to all want to move for the good of the club, but its not my or any other individuals decision,,thats for the members to decide....i fail too see why we should accept any excuse they give, as far as i am concerned its 1 time too many!!!! IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN... Mad
Back to top Go down
colin dreaves

colin dreaves

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2009, 13:53

As I was not at the meeting due to work commitments I concur with the postings we do need a change we have supported Dunnies for a long time and it seems a feeble excuse about the telephone numbers
A change of venue will not suit everyone but it also may attract new members
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2009, 14:15

I have been a member for nearly two years and enjoy the meetings very much, but if Dunnies are allowed to do what they have done to us, what's to say that they might even do the same again if they believe they can get more money on the night. It was a total lack of respect from Dunnies and we should seriously think about a move elsewhere
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2009, 13:52

whether we move or not, we cant let a situation like that happen again
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2009, 21:25

seems we have 2 threads running on the same discussion try and keep to one thread, not everybody wants to move ,i think that if we do move we should not go to far
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2009, 19:29

mark
the only difference now is i dont have to pay the tunnel fare,,,otherwise the venue the same
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2009, 09:24

theres a great venue for us to meet at by me,
the beers not cheap or good and the service is crap,
BUT it will save me a fortune in petrol and tunnel fare Mondays Farce Lol Mondays Farce Lol
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Club   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2009, 20:47

Yes i agree to you all we have to move now at least at a new venue we should get some respect, once they see their till takings go up every other Monday. We have had none at Dunnies. We even had to bring our own cupboard to store things. Come On now lads give a new venue a try, what have we got to loose, possibly with respect a couple of old codgers that all they want to do is talk. Mondays Farce Icon_sad Mondays Farce Icon_mad Mondays Farce Icon_redface . Tim
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2009, 20:03

Been to the Giro club a few times. Beers good and reasonable, got to be worth a try. Can i suggest this is discussed at commitee level at the next meeting rather than in the minuets.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: new venue   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2009, 19:46

Phil
we have a new venue and have had for a while now,,the Girobank club...great pint, good parking, no cost to us and about 2 miles from the hole we have at the moment...good surroundings, dead cheap and the ale is spot on no matter what you drink..and welll less than the cost of your normal pub.. let the members try it for themselves or the committe for 1 meeting, then let them make their minds up,,,you will always find people resistant to change but as a club we have to move forward for the sake of the members and the long term future of Sefton Sea Anglers! if we stay here we will stagnate,,, we need a change and fast...who knows, changing venues might even encourage some new members to join, yes,we will probably lose a few as well but those that are interested in the long term future of the club will at least give it a try and then make their minds up.... they said they had no ones fone number? but why should they? we have that room twice a month ,each month and put valuable cash over the bar,,,monday just showed to me that they have no respect for us whatsover,,,as has already been pointed out,they never even asked the peope in the bar to be quiet whilst we attempted our meeting! that to me says ITS TIME TO MOVE AND FAST.!!!!!!! the rest is up to the members now......your thought please.. Mad Mad ...
Back to top Go down
philram

philram

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2009, 19:13

In this instance we were second choice! It is about time we considered a change of venue. Anywhere with a better PINT?
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2009, 18:11

Considering the farce on Monday,Dave and Alan did well,you couldn,t really hear what was being said,the other thing was no attempt on the staff side to get a bit of hush from their regulars,I would of thought that was the least they could do,don't give a toss as long as their is money in it for them.
I would be amazed if they didn't have a contact number for someone in the club,after all the years of holding meetings there.
I remember us moving across to the prison officers club in Hornby Road,a few years ago,that was even worse.

A lot of thought will have to go into the next move,to make sure we don,t make the same mistake again.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2009, 13:43

i was not happy at all, i have never been asked for my contact number , at the last meeting steve bates whent throught the callander with the person he normally deals with and confirmed the meetings till the end of january so we new where we wear over christmas time than monday we walked into a situation we had no control over i did suggest to alan marklew that we cancel the meeting but he wanted to have one, no doubt it will be discused at the next meeting probaly be brought up at the committee meeting, although dunnies is handy and historically our club house they do not give much back and i do not think we have been given any option but to move
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2009, 11:38

Yeah, bit of a poor show i thought mate. i think in this day and age if the chance to make a better profit comes up we (sefton sac) , will be pushed to the back of the queue. A change is as good as a rest sometimes. On another note, find it hard to believe that they didnt have a contact number for us Rolling Eyes Anyone else have an opinion on this that they would like to share?
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Meeting   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2009, 22:08

I agree with Keith we spend to much money in the club to be let down like that that was not a meeting that was a farce. I could not here anything that was said from the top table a move is what is now required, yes we might have to travel a little further but we do travel further to go fishing don't we. Tim Mondays Farce Icon_exclaim Mondays Farce Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2009, 20:08

Well......
after mondays farce at the so called club meeting,,,,i think its time for a move asap,,how dare they treat us like morons and expecting us to just accept any excuse for not having our regular room!!!!, i personally, i am annoyed to say the least, but i really dont see why we should put with being treated like sh*te,,,,anyone any thoughts? Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mondays Farce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mondays Farce   Mondays Farce Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mondays Farce
Page 1 of 1