Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

round 4 summer league

Go down 
+3
Dave
keith g
mark a
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mark a

mark a

round 4 summer league Empty
PostSubject: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 20:14

4th July 2009
Round 4 summer league
Mersey Road

Weather was lovely
Shame only 8 bothered to turn up.
Fishing wasn’t up too much
1st Steve Trish 8 eels for 360cms
2nd Les Trish 5 eels 1 whiting for 248cms
3 others caught 1 eel; 2 blanked
18 fish for 788cms.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 20:39

at least fish were caught!!!!!

who blanked?
keith
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 00:32

hi mark, ronnie jones and mysef fished the small boat match,steve baites is away in spain
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 09:13

the blanks were Paul Brough and Tony Williams, though it was hard fishing

Dave you and the boat lads are a bonus when you get out with us, i'm talking about the so called "beach anglers" who just cant be bothered to make the effort and just use the club as a social meeting place.
I moved the match so the walk was'nt too far hoping to get more anglers (I WONT DO THAT AGAIN)
The next leagues if i am still beach captain next time will be governed by fish not the "can't be bothered anglers in the club"
If they dont want to fish they should join the british legion instead.
Rant over Evil or Very Mad

Coach trip on the 8th August to phwelli
we have only 2 meetings till we go s i need everyones cash of £10 asap.
Its fishing well for Black Bream at the moment if theres no weed.
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 09:30

Mark,me and our kid were out with the small boat lads on Saturday,John Doyle is not up to fishing anywhere at the moment.Lets be honest,at this time of the year you need peeler crab to have any chance,not everyone can get their hands on it,or indeed afford it.Various reasons why people don't turn up for the matches.Its not just down to not being bothered,although there are some:lol:
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 13:17

mark
sorry no more people fished,,if i wasnt fishing sunday i would have gone,nice easy venue and as for peeler being hard to get? most shops now sell it 50p or 60p each....you dont need peeler all the time, as long as you have fresh worm you would still normally catch something....we caught silver eel on the small boats on sunday 50 yards out from mersey road..... on ragworm! 66cm long....
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 15:04

What ever floats your boat. Very Happy..Personally I wouldn,t waste good money buying crab just to catch silver eels,hate them.But thats just me.We fished over by Otterspool on Saturday,hoped to god I didn,t catch any eels,luckily Colin got them instead, then we moved. cheers
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 20:50

maybe we should just fish worm and fish venues , but that rules out a lot of the mersey venues for the summer. Its a tough one but its hard picking venues to please everyone. Personally i go fishing to catch fish, doesnt matter what they are but i dont like waiting for 1 big fish that might come or not. I think that the club needs new blood or maybe its time for a rethink of how things are done( to try annd get more of our members out).
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: baits   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 20:58

What a good idea steve trish has worm baits and fish only. Don't forget some of us have difficulty getting crab bait. living in the wrong part of the city its to hard to get the good stuff. Tim
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 22:26

tim, doesnt one of the tackle shops by you sell crab? and theres loads of crab in the river a stones throw from your house.Is getting/ buying crab such an effort? I find that hard to believe. I think maybe the members would like to go to venues where worm are the best baits, but the problem is we live in an area where crab is the best bait I've fished our club outings for a long time now ( on and off since 1980) and the same discusion have always gone on. Our members want venues that can be fished out the back of a car; where plenty of big fish can be caught on a regular basis; in daylight; with any old bait; any rig; 30 yards out! on any size tide!! Not many exist in britain never mind the northwest.I'm not being argumentitive, but i think members need to think about where we are and whats available. If we had 12 coach trips a year for our beach section we would have 25-30 there every one. Is fishing our home ground really that bad/ boring Or are the members just not doing the right thing bait/ tackle/ tactic wise?
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 07:48

Tim I know some members have trouble getting crab.
Personally i travel to either blackpool or north wales to get mine, this is not because i fish other matches, this is because if we dont have crab its not worth fishing round here, yes bait is expensive and people havent got a lot of spare cash at the moment but if you can only get suey, blow lug, rag etc to fish localy when the majority of the fish will only take crab surely people's money and time is being wasted by fishing with ineffective bait, I would rather spend a little bit more money and time to catch fish.
Mark
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 10:23

Opened up a whole can of worms this topic .Steve,the majority of members who shore fish are probably retired and therefore can fish locally, any time they wish(weather permitting Laughing ) I am one of them,so the coaches give me the chance of fishing places I would not normally be able to get to.Whether I catch or not, I still enjoy it (blanked at Borth ,but still enjoyed the fishing and journey with the members,and always will.)I have fished around here since the early sixties,the days when all you needed was a bit of herring and a handline !! to catch everything,no need for peeler crab,alas,those days have long since gone. Rolling Eyes

There will be times this summer when I will go and buy peeler crab,( I have no intention of scrambling amongst rocks looking for crab at my age!!)but this will be with the intention of going for fish I want to target i.e. smoothies,plaice etc.

Pleasure anglers and match anglers have totally different views on this,so we will never see eye to eye on it. Very Happy
While I have read about match fishing being the way to improve your fishing,would there be so many doing it if there was no money involved
:?:methinks not.

I will always support our shore captain and attend the matches when I can,but for me (and quite a few others)its about enjoying the fishing,whether you catch or not,while you can still get out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 17:51

daba
....we caught silver eel on the small boats on sunday 50 yards out from mersey road..... on ragworm! 66cm long....

no crab needed here!
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 18:43

Keith,had them there on mackerel as well in the past,just hate catching silver eels,slimey buggers Shocked now conger-- different story Laughing think I would rather blank than catch silver eels---- yuuuuk Razz

Colin had a couple there on saturday on crab (I think),I was trying for Dabs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 19:26

talking about coach trips,put me down for petheley(english spelling) but as i only come back from spain on the friday evening can anyone get me a dozen of them peeler things, no good asking steve baites he will only forget to bring them Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 19:27

daba and tim
so you dont need crab to fish that venue then do you? Embarassed sorry,shouldnt say that should I?
tim you can get crab if you want to quite easily,you just choose not to....thats your choice,,,,but you can still catch fish in the mersey without crab...tim you most of all should know that....yes crab may be a great advantage but if you are fishing for the pleasure of it and not bothered about who wins? you can get worm and fish baits and still attend the outings.....
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 21:40

Dave wrote:
talking about coach trips,put me down for petheley(english spelling) but as i only come back from spain on the friday evening can anyone get me a dozen of them peeler things, no good asking steve baites he will only forget to bring them Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!

You don,t need them peeler things

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 21:59

Taking a 100 with me Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 11:22

ste trish wrote:
Taking a 100 with me Twisted Evil

Nice one Steve,it's kind of you to supply us all with crab. bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Razz
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 19:11

[b]Good article in the latest sea angler about puffwelly, dont think it mentions crab!, rag and mackerel sounds good, can everyone get them!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 19:26

steve yer spellings worse thine mine its petheley lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 20:03

Mines the scouse way yours is the sthelens woolllyback way Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
willow

willow

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 21:07

its all about the fishing, geting up off your arse and getting out if you can.marks picked some good places to fish,but its up to that person if they want to fish,we have had some good turn outs so far and thats down to mark,the poor turn outs are down to the to the individual,the mrs,and big brother.<which we alll have to endure,sometimes> Question p.s what duz a fish look like Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2009, 17:24

Well in To, you (and Mal Bell) give constant support to the beach section and are the kind of members that the club needs. you get out there and fish no matter what. king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: round 4 summer league   round 4 summer league Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

round 4 summer league
Page 1 of 1