Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

new to site and in need of fishing news.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peewak

new to site and in need of fishing news. Empty
PostSubject: new to site and in need of fishing news.   new to site and in need of fishing news. Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2009, 22:43

Hi all.I am peter from tuebrook. I am about to take up fishing again after a very long gap(far too long) and I would like to know how the mersey is fishing these days? I used to fish regulary from the alex wall and behind fort perch rock in New Brighton. The winter months fished very well but summer months were poor.. has summer fishing in the river got better these days? and if so what can i expect to catch and what baits work best?... i just read a post by a guy who caught a thorny from the alex.. I am well impressed!! look forward to hearing some news
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

new to site and in need of fishing news. Empty
PostSubject: Re: new to site and in need of fishing news.   new to site and in need of fishing news. Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2009, 16:49

Hi peter and welcome to our site,I lived in Tuebrook for over 20 years ( Gloucester Road)until I moved across the park,21 years ago. Laughing
To fish the Alex wall these days you need a pass from MDHC (Peel Holdings) and as far as I am aware,you need to be a member of a fishing club to obtain the pass. Wink

Regarding fishing the Alex, at the moment ,its been very patchy with the odd decent fish being taken.(Thornback Rays)
Last year around this time,we were getting plenty of dabs a few whiting,eels and some decent thornies.
At this time of year,peeler crab is the sought after bait,if you can get your hands on it.
Have a look thru our beach section for the latest catches around thiis area,and also check out the wirral sea angling website for upto date reports,which includes loads of information on local fishing marks and how to get to them. Idea
In my opinion last winter was poor by previous standards,even on the charter boats fishing on the mersey the fishing was poor.Very few decent size cod and very few decent size whiting from the shore as well. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

new to site and in need of fishing news.
Page 1 of 1