Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

interesting points

Go down 
+2
daba
Dave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2009, 22:46

i have just been looking at the stats counter for our website, in 2008 we had 7448 unique visitors,3099 where first time visitors,4349 returning visits,not bad as it was the end of april before we where up and running,we have had visitors from america,new zealand, and most european countries as well as india and africa,you could say that sefton-sea-anglers, is now international,this year so far we have had 622 first time visitors.
thought some one might be interested Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2009, 12:25

Maybe we should change our name to Sefton Sea Anglers International Very Happy Interesting stats never the less.Just shows the power of the internet. Smile
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2009, 14:47

those numbers are very encouraging
just a pity that the majority of are own members dont seem that interested Sad Sad
maybe if more members posted more things would really start to happen.
maybe we could have a external club challenge, works for the Pirates affraid
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2009, 18:58

good idea that mark, worth putting on the agenda for our club meeting,dont forget we are only a small club and over half the members are registered ,its just that the majority dont bother to use the website, we need something to motivate more members to get involved
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2009, 20:28

Half the members dont fish Twisted Evil , not going to get them on a fishing website!
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2009, 00:58

Does make you wonder, Crying or Very sad why people come to a fishing club and yet never fish. Lots of our members do visit this website,yet for some reason refuse to contribute anything to it,it's not difficult putting reports on here,no matter how bad the fishing session was. Shocked
Except for the small boat lads,very little boat trips are reported,I am sure intead of just announcing at our meetiings how boat trips got on,it would be more interesting for anyone visiting this site to see an actual report on here as to what was caught and where from. Idea
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2009, 10:18

I think at the next meeting mr chairman can we ask the club members AGAIN what they want to get them out fishing, there was talk of a social coach trip aimed more at the good time more than the fishing being important when the members cant even get out as a group locally together and have a laugh, i know the fishing is s**t but if thats not important then it shoudnt matter.
I am looking to start a mid-week league soon, hopefully this will get a few more people out!!!!
i am aiming this at local easy access venues so ideas will be welcome.
The next summer league will be picked with the fishing in mind, so the venues might not be suitable for some members, as i have picked venues in the past to for easy fishing for everybody but as usual its only the few hardy anglers who grace us with their presence.
DONT FORGET WE STILL NEED A NEW BEACH CAPTAIN at the AGM this year please,
if not you will all have to arrange the matches at the meetings and appoint a beach captain of the day.
Mark
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2009, 15:02

Have to agree with Steve,,,,cant get members to fish with the club so you have no chance of getting them to post on a website...Lots dont have a club 50 number and some dont even buy a raffle ticket!
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2009, 18:28

I wonder if we were to have this website setup so that you had to register and log on to read reports etc.Lots of websites use this formula,if you don,t log in,you don,t have access to the site.It would stop all the lurkers from just using the site to see whats been happening on the boats ,beach etc.

When you look at the stats ,its the same people who bother to contribute anything to the site ,the rest are just observers.
You only have to see the memberslist to find who posts and who doesn,t. Evil or Very Mad
And how often they log in.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2009, 14:18

thats an idea we have talked about Matt but we decided that it wouldn't promote the club.
as for people seeing whats happening on the boats and beach there are better more informative sites around so i dont think that would be of any use. We do have a members only section which i think is ample. People just browsing the site is however a fact of life, all sites are the same, they have a core of posters among numerous observers.
I know that we have recruited a few members to the club via the site so its doing its job.
It will always lack a bit compared with some other sites that have been around longer and are not tied to 1 club.
Back to top Go down
ronnie jones
Admin
ronnie jones

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: web site   interesting points Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2009, 22:44

I would just like to comment , since i and dave have set the web site up it as grown immensely , and is one of the best investments or club has made
To improve are viewing of posts it would be nice if members did not use the forum as a email service. If a member wishes to contact another member
about something that is of no intrest to enybody else just go into the MEMBERLIST and PM them
I personally think like mark that the web site should be open for all to see we need to incourage new members
On the point of the low membership a lot of are members are not commputor friendly and are nervous about posting
Back to top Go down
http://www.weathertone.co.uk
ste trish

ste trish

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2009, 20:19

Its a pity some of these comments dont get made at the meetings. They seem to be getting shorter and shorter with less contribution from people. At least keith can do a report about Rosslare( not many fish apparently Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2009, 22:29

we have given stat reports at club meetings,ronnie asks regular "if anyone needs help on the web come and see me" he did anounce the change to part of the site where you have to be registered to access it,as a club i dont think we can do mutch more than we have,dont forget we only have about 80ish members we get over 50% turn out at every meeting,the meeting might be a bit formal but thats why we have a long break in the middle so lads can speak to their mates and have the banter but we still have to get the club buisnes done as well
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 18:26

Fair comment. I might just need a change
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2009, 19:36

I'll re-phrase that. Just need a rest from fishing for a bit! and the fishing forums! Bye for now cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

interesting points Empty
PostSubject: Re: interesting points   interesting points Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

interesting points
Page 1 of 1