Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock Empty
PostSubject: Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock   Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2009, 20:00

Perch Rock is a low water mark that, in my opinion, is one of the most consistant marks on the mersey. Its fishing from a sand beach into a deep channel with lots of ledges and a few snags. The tide pulls quite hard and 5-6oz grip leads are usualy required apart from at slack water. On saturday i would expect whiting and dabs, maybe flounder and rockling too. I use standard beach gear but step my line up to 20lb to help combat the snags. Various rigs are used, 2up, 1up 1down, but i prefer slightly longer snoods 18" 36" long. size 1 hooks and various attractors. Bait wise lug and mackerel/squid are good, as are rag and peeler. When you are reeling in keep your rod high, reel fast to get over the ledge. If you do get stuck, try continuos steady pressure , sometimes it will come free as the rig pulls through the sand ledge. It doesnt usually fish well on an easterly wind but i think it will produce fish on saturday. Hope this helps any one not sure about the venue. See you all saturday at 12 noon. Fishing 1 till 5.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: perch rock   Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2009, 09:36

Nice one steve,,,will defo take your advice..Lets hope it produces more than a few rockling which at the moment seem to be all there is in the river.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock   Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2009, 15:24

Rolling Eyes If its rockling city will use stinky lug on size 4 hooks to 8lb snoods. Praying for dabs and whiting Shocked
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock   Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2009, 15:29

Forgot to mention that you need wellies Very Happy Lead lifts can be handy too. If anyone has any bait left at the end of the match , ther is a pm's match on sunday at maddocks bank on the wirral. See me on saturday and i'll fill you in on the details cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock   Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preveiw,rnd 5,Perch Rock
Page 1 of 1