Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Clubmans at mariners

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Clubmans at mariners Empty
PostSubject: Clubmans at mariners   Clubmans at mariners Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2013, 16:04

Hello all . Hope you are all well. Here's the latest report and results from the clubmans match at Mariners wharf last night. We met up around 5 pm at the bull nose car park to find the key land and district club running down the wharf to get some fishing specks they had a club match too!they had about 15 members present which for an inland club was good and puts us to shame! 13 turned out for ours , thank you lads , its appreciated and that helps keep the club going.
We got to our fishing specks an we were well spread out some stayed on the bull nose while a few headed back towards the cockle hole / coburg dock area. Lines in was 6 and it became apparent that there were not many fish about. phial foster snapped off on his first cast and reeled it back I about 30 mins later with nice flounder on, unlucky Phil.! The hordes of pin whiting followed with only Mal Allanson getting anything insize for the first couple of hours . Phil managed a nice sole of 29 cm once an which he was well pleased with.nnext in was Les with a 30 cm flounder. This was closely followed by mr consistant, Alan Green with an Eel of 30 cm. I was starting to panic as I had been trying all kinds without a return. The tide had turned , it had gone dark. So I thought I would try distance with black tipped with crab for an eel or a sole as they were hope fully running back to deeper channels.the rod tip was bouncing around in the windy conditions But nothing to indicate a fish I started reeling in and could feel a bit of weight. As it got closer it started to fight a bit and I was delighted to swing a 34 cm sole over the railings! Later weighed at home at 14 oz. Mal had added another flounder to his card too but that was it for sizeable fish. No rays showed despite most of the leyland lads fishing big baits for them. Once again thank you to the lads who fished, sorry it wasn't better fishing.
Results
1 Mal Allanson. 2 flounders 55cm well done Mal.
2 Steve Trish 1 sole 34cm
3 Les Trish flounder 30cm
4 Alan Green Eel 30cm coin toss decision
5 Phil Foster sole 29cm

Thanks . Steve Trish.
Back to top Go down
Alan Green

Alan Green

Clubmans at mariners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clubmans at mariners   Clubmans at mariners Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2013, 19:56

Cheers Ste, good report, good to be out.
Back to top Go down

Clubmans at mariners
Page 1 of 1