Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Club match playground Otterspool

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Club match playground Otterspool Empty
PostSubject: Club match playground Otterspool   Club match playground Otterspool Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2012, 21:00

Hello all. 18 members turned out to fish the playground area of Otterspool prom. We were greeted with a fair, screaming kids, and an engine pulling kids in carriages along the promenade! Very surreal fishing condition! The weather was warm and calm making a pleasant change for this summer!the pegs were drawn and off everyone went to set up, practice cast and prepare bait. A lack of water on some pegs meant the match was put back 15 minuets.. The line in went and leads flew various distances. My dad, Les came down with a cup of coffe and told me he had 2 flounders already. Time for me to pull my finger out! I had a decent bite, left it to develop for about a minuet and the reeled in a flounder, followed by another of similar size 20minuets later. A few on the middle pegs started getting a few and although it never really took off it was steady. A few eels came in and some small whiting later on in the match. Crab was the top bait, small sections, on smallish fine hooks.
results
1st Les Trish,8 fish 254cm
2nd Steve Trish, 6 fish 209cm
3rd Mark Allanson110cm
4th Jon Johnson 106cm
5th Martin Bleasedale 105cm

Thanks to all who fished, tight lines. Steve Trish.
Back to top Go down
Alan Green

Alan Green

PostSubject: Re: Club match playground Otterspool   Club match playground Otterspool Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2012, 12:15

Cheers Ste,
Glad it went ok, going to give brunswick dk ago tmrw Thursday, if anyone out, ill be there from 8am high 11 ish .
Alan
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Club match playground Otterspool   Club match playground Otterspool Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2012, 15:23

Would love to Alan , but sues in work and I've got the kids. Let us know how it goes. Tight lines.
Back to top Go down
Alan Green

Alan Green

PostSubject: Re: Club match playground Otterspool   Club match playground Otterspool Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2012, 13:54

OK Ste,
A bit blowy at Brunswick, had 5 whiting two 24cm 26cm, lost a nice ray trying to handball it up the wall, like trying to pull in a wet sack.
All on lug tipped with mac, about 50 yds out.
Alan
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Club match playground Otterspool   Club match playground Otterspool Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2012, 21:10

Well done on getting out and letting us know Alan. Unlucky on the ray mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club match playground Otterspool   Club match playground Otterspool Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club match playground Otterspool
Page 1 of 1