Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Columbus quay 24th June

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Columbus quay 24th June Empty
PostSubject: Columbus quay 24th June   Columbus quay 24th June Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2012, 13:58

14 of us gathered for this event at the promenade venue. We fished from 13.00 till 17.00, roughly two hours up and 2 down. Tide was H/W, 14.58 at a height of 8.6m. Martin shouted all in with most lads dropping in within 30 yards of the wall. Various baits went out but most came back untouched although I did have a nice flounder of 39cm on my first cast. Alan Green and Mal Allanson both picked up a flounder in the first half of the match withMal adding another later on. Young Jon Johnson got a big eel and added a flounder to his card. Meanwhile Mr chairman, Mark and Martin both got on the scores with a flounder each. The lower pegs had been quiet part from the shouts when there had been crossed lines and some sh@t casting accuracy! a few undersized whiting came and went. les had been quiet but a bend in his rod revealed a double shot of eels!. He added a decent flounder with half an hour to go. On the shout of all in Martin and myself both added a flounder to our cards to boost our points up. Most if not all the sizeable fish came to crab at close to medium range. . A big thank you from myself to all the lads for the help with my gear and getting to and from my peg. thanks to all who took part.Details of the next shore event will be in the forthcoming outings section shortly. tight Lines Steve.
final results
1st Les Trish 111cm
2nd Jon Johnson 77cm
3rd Steve Trish 70cm
4thMal Allanson 56cm
5th Martin Bleasedale 54cm
Back to top Go down

Columbus quay 24th June
Page 1 of 1