Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june

Go down 
+2
ste trish
keith g
6 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Empty
PostSubject: pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june    pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 20:37

me and richie ( off blu noze) launched 8am new brighton on Kingfisher, dull overcast and within the hour it was raining,, dodger up, nice and dry,, sea very calm,out to a new mark just past the windfarm,, 1st spot, dogs dabs and whiting, lets move,,, 2nd spot,, same again,,, lets move again,,,3rd spot, mackeral straight away,, down went the big guns with fresh mackie attached,,not long after,, 1st huss of the day,, abouit 8lb..me on baited feathers,,,dabs, dogs, huss, whiting, scad, more mackeral,pouting then a tub gurnard,,, richie decides that he only wants the big boys, so he fishes 2 rods with big hooks,,, steadily the huss get bigger and bigger,,( largest today was about 13lb,,),, then richie gets a nice skate bang on low water... about 9lb but a good one at that. Anyway,,about 1 hour after low as the tide picks up, ritchie ( again ) gets a good take..this we hope maybe a tope ,which was what ritchie was after all day,,i get the net ready, and after a good scrap it comes to the surface.. oh sh*t,, there was no way this was ever gonna fit in any net!!!! this was feckin huge! one of the biggest tope i had ever seen,,at a very very conservative estimate it was definitely over 50lb...Ritchie got it to the side of the boat, it was about 6 feet long..and very angry,,just as we were deciding what to do next,,, richies trace parted at the swivel. affraid ..we were both gutted... what a fish,,,i know ritche wanted to land it but i honestly think there was no way i could have got it into the boat,,, it was way too big and heavy for me to either lift or tail it..(.Lesson to Ritchie....Learn To Tie Knots Properly!!!!!!! ) We stayed there till about 4.15pm, but didnt contact any other tope...ride back in on flat calm sea and back on the beach for 5pm,,,, great day, good fishing and good company...i did catch a few fish but the honours went to Ritchie today,,, well done mate...ps ask your kids for a How To Tie Knots Book for fathers day?.. here endeth the 2nd sermon.... king
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june    pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 21:40

Good day out boys . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Pleasure bash    pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2012, 21:44

Keith, Ritchie, what a day out great report Keith, what a sermon to learn on, first its your shoe laces then its hook lengths we can all live and learn well done lads Smile .Tim Razz
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june    pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 00:27

Great day out..... cheers Keith... look forward to Ireland next week.

P.S. Just off to WH Smith's to buy the book ' Tying Knots for Dummies '
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june    pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 09:43

Get the basics right mate. The magazines have basic knots in them every month. Practice makes perfect Smile
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june    pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 08:49

there is some good websites about knots mate,
been there, done that, lesson learnt
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Pleasure bash part 2    pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2012, 10:51

Great fish Ritchie
But as we all know the joy of fishing is not only landing the fish but the bite, playing the fish and at least you got it boatside to see it.
I suspect that if you had got it into the boat you would have have had to do a tap dance to avoid getting your toes bitten or even your nails and fingers chewed. It would have been funny to see Keith sitting astride a tope that size trying to get the hook out. And think of the time spent cleaning the boat after!!!!!!
I should be so lucky when I get back on the water. I would have unhooked the fish in the water or cut the line. My arthritus wouldnt allow me to tap dance.
Hope you have many more good days out fishing.
Website animated knots by grog may be worth having a llok.
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june    pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2012, 14:24

Thanks Steve.

Richie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june    pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pleasure bash part 2 wed 13 june
Page 1 of 1