Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Possible proposal for AGM

Go down 
+8
b5rny
benh
Steve Bates
bens dad
daba
Alan Green
mark a
ste trish
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
seaman stains

Possible proposal for AGM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2012, 14:59

G.Wiley wrote:
bounce bounce
seaman stains wrote:
Certain members are "users"...get what they can/need out of things and then move on to another club/site...they don`t care about the club or anyone in it....selfish people bounce

Yes ,it's goof to talk, as long as you don't get responses like this.
Bit ironic that this has come from someone who has used this website to rip into the POLSAF committee. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Used it to get some answers as the POLSAF site is pretty well useless.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 20:28

To be fair this is an open forum and both parties can give their views good or bad. Its what generates debate and hopefully change for the better. And let us not forget any commitee, POLSAF or our own ,Sefton SAC, is answerable to its members who voted them in, if the members feel they are not doing a good job they should and must tell them what they want from them. No commitee member is above the members. Tight lines. Steve.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 20:25

Bit ironic that this has come from someone who has used this website to rip into the POLSAF committee. ?

G Wiley,,NO MORE IRONIC that your first post on this website was to slag someone else off......
its good to talk.................. Suspect .
Back to top Go down
G.Wiley

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 11:04

bounce bounce
seaman stains wrote:
Certain members are "users"...get what they can/need out of things and then move on to another club/site...they don`t care about the club or anyone in it....selfish people bounce

Yes ,it's goof to talk, as long as you don't get responses like this.
Bit ironic that this has come from someone who has used this website to rip into the POLSAF committee. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 22:39

b5rny wrote:
Its good to talk Basketball
got to agree, more action on here since this was posted than the previous 2 months
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 22:28

Its good to talk Basketball
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 20:48

Members come and go , part of the life cycle of a club, its the long term members who join and then dont fish club events or meetings that i would like to see encouraged to do more. Thats what the original post was trying to get debate going on. It did get diverted to pegging, marking of cards and getting on charters which are all valid points and im sure will come up at future meeting and commitee discussions. A few points have already been taken on board . Dave it was like spain in Prestatyn today, pity i was working! Fair play to you Dave for taking the secs job on and you have done it well. Enjoy the time in Spain and get back to the meetings and let us know about the fishing! Regards All, Steve.
Back to top Go down
bens dad

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 18:57

I think its more like if you dont like the food you dont pay for the meal really matey.
Back to top Go down
seaman stains

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 17:26

Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2012, 12:46

hi steve, spain was great, very cold the first week but a lot better last week, i will be going again in 3 weeks time and will miss the A.G.M. i have decided due to the amount of time i will be away this year it will be better for the club if i do not stand for re election next year
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 21:51

Hi Steve, ( Trish)
Having thought about this, and seeing Dave's post along with the Chairman's. I thought it best to remove my contributions.
On reflection and in an ideal world, it would have been better stating my views at a meeting.
However, I didn't want to rock the boat as such, we all know the club nearly split a few years ago, due to similar things going on at that time. And to be honest, I just sat there watching , but taking it all in.

My leaving has been on the cards for the last few years, from the day I gave up the members job.
I wasn't enjoying the clubs match's, the boat trips ,well I have already explained the reason over those.

So even though we were still members we were doing our own thing, fishing together and also fishing with other members, but on a casual basis. Just is not my cup of tea match fishing, too serious for me and the rest of our clan.
So looking at it , our John and I couldn't see any benefit in staying in the club, the dock pass is of no interest to us, as all of last year, we only fished there 3 times, and they were crap.
Had better days fishing down by the Marina.
Anyway, the other two lads are staying on at the club.

But for me, I don't see the point in re-joining if you are not going to participate in club activities.

I just hope for the clubs sake and its future, that the comments expressed by not just me, but everyone, is taken on-board by the new committee. and hopefully some good may come out of all this.

Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 21:03

Dave, Maybe so , but as two members who have posted on here have said they are leaving , we may have not heard their comments which are all valid. I m sad to see the members leaving for whatever reasons but they have decided this club isnt for them. Also sad to see post deleted as the full jist of the thread has been lost a bit. As i said earlier, not putting this propsal in, but its not just me thinking that members should support the club more . Maybe its my turn to leave the club as im not happy with a few things about it.... or i could try and change it from within by supporting it , taking on jobs and getting the problems ironed out , either at meetings, out fishing or on the clubs official website. Regards, Steve. Ps Spain Dave? was it Nice/ Lucky git!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 16:54

hi steve i have only just seen your original post as i have been away, i do not think this site should be used to discuss A.G.M. proposals as you can see, your first post has now been changed to pegging matches and places on charter boats, all different issues and if members want to change the rules come to the A.G.M. thats the only place discussions like this should take place,we are a fishing club but that does not mean we can not all be friends if people think cheating is going on in matches stand up at a meeting and name names with proof,i do not fish the beech , charter, or small boat section, i am not interested in fishing matches although i fish more than most in the club maybe i will not rejoin it is hard to see what benefits i get out of it
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 14:17

Hi Steve, PM sent,
Regards,
daba.

Firstly to all who have posted on this subject, myself included, it would have been preferable [on reflection] to have discussed these matters in an open meeting prior to AGM proposal deadline date.

As retiring Chairman I should not have publicly stated my views on this website.

However, as I have often stressed in meetings all members opinions should be openly discussed and dealt with.

I cannot understand why members who have had the opportunity to voice their opinions and have them discussed are not rejoining the club. If they are unable to get up in a meeting and give their views they should put them in writing and ask one of the Committee to ask the relevant questions.

It should not be forgotten that our Club is a Fishing club for ALL its members. [/quote]
Back to top Go down
benh

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 13:31

thanks for replys.

Ben
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 10:00

Firstly to all who have posted on this subject, myself included, it would have been preferable [on reflection] to have discussed these matters in an open meeting prior to AGM proposal deadline date.

As retiring Chairman I should not have publicly stated my views on this website.

However, as I have often stressed in meetings all members opinions should be openly discussed and dealt with.

I cannot understand why members who have had the opportunity to voice their opinions and have them discussed are not rejoining the club. If they are unable to get up in a meeting and give their views they should put them in writing and ask one of the Committee to ask the relevant questions.

It should not be forgotten that our Club is a Fishing club for ALL its members.
Back to top Go down
bens dad

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 00:08

Ste asI said - academic for me now as I am walking away from the club - in my opinion all matches both club and clubmans should be pegged and Iwill not fish against people marking each others match cards - if it isnt a social club lets not worry about stopping people fishing next to their friends - as Mark said its a fishing club!!!!!! nobody said it was easy to do the job of organising, however it should still be done properly. tight lines.
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 21:20

Dave Robbo is right,
so I have deleted this post in the interest of peace and harmony. Idea

Last edited by daba on February 21st 2012, 19:11; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 19:59

Berny there isnt a problem with pegging its agood system ..... its getting everyone to agree with it and getting volunteers to do it. Regards, Steve.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 19:57

Thanks for all the replys lads. I will try and answer some of them but first id like to say i wont be putting that proposal in. Matt you first, did you approach the charter captain about you not being able to get on the charters? if no joy from him air it at a club meeting. I toally agree with what you are saying about there being a register. Now, pegging. most of the matches i fish are pegged, very fair and a good way to fish leagues etc. The problem are; when a less ableded angler gets the end peg and doesnt want to do the walk , you might laugh but ive seen it; when friends want to fish together and ask for 4 consecutive pegs which they want closest to the car park or hotspot; snaggy pegs and our members having about 4 leads in there box lost in the first hour and then moaning all the way home. A bit tounge in cheek but ive seen this on club level and it just pi33es the beach captain off. Heres the main problem, we have one beach captain, hes at the top of the beach doing the paperwork, who pegs it? how many of us would be prepared to make the pegs, get there early , peg the beach collect the pegs and put up with all the moaning when anglers got bad; empty; snaggy ; muddy pegs? the same amount of people who want to be on the committee and do stuff for the club.... very few. Most match anglers who fish opens accept this and it does work with clubs, wouldnt bother me elther way pegged or not. I did peg a few of the clubmans matches , but only had the usual lads there, comment afterwards to me was" dont peg the next one". Clliques... they are in every club for every hobby and every walk of life, you have your own Clique by your own admission when you said your group of 4 couldnt get on the charters Two of our members , have got in with an elite match angling squad, by talking to them asking questions and basically suporting them and showing an intreast in what they were doing They are now part of that clique and good on them for doing it. Cheers Matt. Ben And Pete You mentioned about pegging and ive replied to Matt above . If i were to peg half the clubmans and leave the other half as rovers ( To keep everyone happy) would you fish them? I have replied to you Pm well Pete, Cheers. Steve if you read the prposal i said the amount of events to be decided by the committee. There would obviously be exceptions to the rule Ie club persident, long term sick, disabled. I dont think its such a terrible thing to ask members to participate in the club by showing some commitment. You will be doing that youself next week at the agm when you ask members to form a new committe. What if everyone has the same attitude and says " i just want my dock pass and to go fishing by myself , someone else can run the club". It would die on its arse As for losing members we are going to anyway thats part of the lifecycle of a club , how are you going to entice members in when no one goes fishing in the club? They are my thoughts and reading back over the thread ive realised maybe its me who is expecting too much from the club and its members. Might be time for a fresh challenge. Regards Steve Trish.
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 19:23

when we go on a charter boat and their are only say ten of us - we pick numbers out of a bag for position in boat and it changes daily if we are on it for a number of days - so if ten men can pick a peg why cant twenty men at a small match....makes sense to me and you cant start fishing until the whistle is blown anyway so whats the problem ?
Back to top Go down
benh

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 18:08

there is obviously a few members that have the same thoughts about the way the matches are run, so going of what mark has said in the last post about it being a "fishing club" and not a "social club" then why should the matches not be pegged then ?? when we asked this question a couple of months back we were told its because people want to fish next to there friends??

i dont understand the problem with pegging them as daba said, most of the venues are used for big matches that have from 50 to 100 anglers in and there is no problem with the pegging in them, also this gives (EVERYONE) a fair chance of winning the match and also makes it more of a challange for the lads that are really into the match fishing when they dont get a good peg.

Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 11:13

Before tonights meeting and proposals are presented I thought I might give my views so that you all know where I stand on the issues mentioned.

I agree with the comments made by Daba. This club IS a fishing club for ALL members. Those who can fish regularly and those who, for various reasons [e.g work and family committments,health, accessability etc.] cant. Each individual participates as and when they can but obviously sometimes need encouragement to be more involved.

Take my own circumstances, since Ronnie left I have had no regular partner, my son has let me down on a number of occasions, but more importantly due to the weather I have not been able to get out in my boat since last September. If I was not considered to be worthy of membership then, like a lot of present members, I would vote with my feet and request my membership back for the forthcoming year.

A lot of our members have health problems and we have an ageing membership. We come to meetings to see our fishing "buddies", hear how the younger, fitter and enthusiastic match anglers are getting on. Hear their reports and note proposed matches that we may try and attend. We dont condemn them for their fervour and enthusiasm BUT like most people we will listen to proposals and discuss them BUT not have them rammed down our throats as though our feelings and club participation are inconsequential.

I am sorry for having to air my views but these sort of proposals are very devisive and do not serve the best interests of the club. If the majority support the previously mentioned proposal then perhaps it is just as well that I am stepping down as Chairman.
Back to top Go down
bens dad

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 23:37

What a well worded comprehensive response.

This echoes my feelings Ste and please read the reply I have sent you by PM which is almost the same regarding the pegging of matches.

Too late for me as I too will not be renewing my membership - quite funny but Ben ran to a peg quicker than one of the faves and got slated for it coz it wasnt his peg pmsl. Got called all kinds of things - moronic really. I guess you need to be in a certain clique to gain entry to the hotspots on all the venues without being called names. Also as mentioned before It was suggested to me that when I said clubman team mates shouldnt mark each others cards (on the same team) people who dont trust others shouldnt be in the club - nice.

Its a shame as we only joined the club to fish matches - nothing else at all - I think so few people fish the matches because the current approach suits only those people.
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 21:49

I've deleted my post.
should of gone with my first instinct and not got involved,, seeing as I have left the club. Idea

Last edited by daba on February 21st 2012, 19:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible proposal for AGM   Possible proposal for AGM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible proposal for AGM
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next