Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

hugh witney fishing stall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim S

Tim S

hugh witney fishing stall Empty
PostSubject: Give Up   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 18:49

Keith dont you dare give up, keep the lines tight.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 13:09

i give up.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 09:35

He may be a bit of an opportunist but it shows how things can be manipulated, this time by the boat skippers. It may have rebounded on them but we must be wary of the spin doctors, jobsworths and petty officials who are only really interested in hearing their own voices or promoting thewmselves to justify their position and/or salary.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 23:18

i agree that he is doing us a favor but he did not mean to do it,he did not think it through when they started the campaign , now they have to keep the bye catch doggies and all but less days at sea , do not think that was what they set out to achieve, i seen first hand on a television program that he made (no doubt it will be repeated) taking bass and some of them where undersized up till then i was a fan of his and never missed a program
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 21:50

i havent accused anyone of killing undersize bass, now thats what i call PERSONAL.. am pretty sure no one would like to be accused of that without 100% concrete proof,, how would you like it? i know i wouldnt... people read opinions that are on forums and some people take it as Gospel, whether it is true or not,, that is a very dangerous place to go,,,, I have personal experience of a person being accused of something similar on a forum when i knew 100% it was untrue,, yet people browsing that forum presumed it was!!!! Unless you can prove something 100% beyond doubt,, dont put in on a forum... one day it could be you or me on the receiving end. This is not a personal dig at you Dave, so dont take it that way.. we are all entitled to our own opinions and free speech..thats what a forum is for,,all of us to give our own point of view..and long may it continue..
i however will give praise where it is due,,you might not like hugh, but as far as i am concerned he is doing all us anglers a big favour,, it doesnt matter how you look at it,, if his fight stops the commerciials killing fish cos the By Catch now becomes part of the Quota,, that surely benefits all sea anglers,,,cos they reduce the amount that the trawlers can catch overall....reduces the amount of days they can fish, so more fish for all anglers to catch...boat, beach and charter alike,,,,,,simples....
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 20:19

getting a bit personal there are you not
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 17:28

no chance of you ever proving that or even giving someone praise where it is due,, now why am i not surprised at that...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 17:09

no chance he is just a self centered under sized bass killer Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 13:07

so maybe Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall deserves a bit of praise from sea anglers dont you think? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 11:38

not to sure about trawlers coming in where the iron men are, but the windmills have defiantly kept the dutch trawlers away and look how the fishing in the Mersey has improved, the commercials are going to get their just rewards they will have to land dogfish and all sorts of fish they used to throw back coupled with less days at sea they are in a lose, lose situation
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2011, 08:11

which is exactly what the ANGLING TRUST DID,, banned everyone without any consultation whatsoever for fishing for eels as they said there wasnt many left,,but allowed the commercials to fish for them whilst we anglers cant,,,,thats not conservation,, thats DICTATORSHIP!! ask the beach lads if there are no eels and they will tell you there are loads of them,,,
if the By Product becomes part of the Commercial Quota,, thats even better for us anglers, as the commercials will not be allowed out to sea as much,,,,,so this Fish Fight is actually benefitting Sea Anglers and not Commercials!! Very Ironic in my view,, the Commercials now cutting their own Quotas.... Question
Bit like when they put the Iron Men & the Windmills in,,, a lot of people complained, some even got up a petition to get them removed,,,,whilst we anglers knew it would be better for us in the long run as it keeps the Trawlers away from our fishing grounds,,,how much better is our fishing now!!!! you have to look at the long term affect of any decision regarding By Catch,,,not just a knee jerk reaction....Anything that stops the commercials raping the seas has to be better than what we have now.....dead wasted fish thrown back into the sea.......... study
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2011, 15:30

conservation is about fish stocks if they are at such low levels that they are on the point of extinction then yes it makes sense to ban all types of fishing for them, its not about banning every one else apart from a chosen few, then again its a daft subject as we are all for conservation unless you are a trawler skipper and can get some idiot of the telly to back your greed and make a big issue out of nothing then when you find it is going to get you less fish and money you decide to go against it
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2011, 13:18

so conservation is anout banning everyone from fishing without consultation? 1st one i have heard...
if thats the case, why not ban everone from fishing for anything altogether!!!! now that is Conservation!!!!!! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Ree: hugh witleyfishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2011, 09:57

Thanks fot the thumbs up Dave, I hadn't seen this article.
I have copied it for the next meeting for you to report as you have problems with your printer.
Steve
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 18:06

that is what conservation is about
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 13:19

and this is the same Angling Trust that put a ban on everyone fishing for eels without any consultation with its members or the anglers in the uk isnt it......???????
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2011, 12:11

remember the big carfuffal about fishing discards this is the update "Commercial fishermen want an end to discards, don’t they?"
Malcolm Gilbert
May Blog Update

"...In fact, it is now clear that neither ‘conservation’ or ‘sustainability’ had anything to do with their protestations about discards. It was all about money!..."

Read more in this new article from Malcolm Gilbert now online here:

www.anglingtrust.net/page.asp?section=658&sectionTitle=Articles+from+Malcolm+Gilbert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hugh witney fishing stall   hugh witney fishing stall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hugh witney fishing stall
Page 1 of 1