Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Preparation

Go down 
+2
b5rny
ste trish
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
benh

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2011, 22:09

nice one steve cheers
Back to top Go down
bens dad

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2011, 20:27

not what I usuallyget called Ste Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2011, 18:11

You'll do ok Pete, star in the making Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
bens dad

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2011, 16:56

quality that Ste - will you catch the fish for me too please
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 23:12

Otterspool. Got a match at Otterspool on sunday. Its being run by the NWASAC personal members section( the Pms). Its an open and is registered for Penn points so should have a lot of top class anglers there.... And me Razz !! Looked through my fishing diary, the internet and from experiance know it will be codling eels and flounders maybe whiting,plaice and the chance of a ray over high/early ebb. The fish ,early on will be or usually are close in 20 -50 yards out untill towards high when the whiting can come on further out . The rays are at distance. Peeler crab will be essential here fresh preferably although frozen can be good too, white rag, Maddies( harbour rag) Sandeel+ squid for the rays Mackerel to tip off for the flounders. Maybe a bit of normal rag. Rigs standard 1 up 1 down to start and then adjust depending on what hook is taking the most fish, smallish hooks( size 4 or 2) size 1 for the rays Got a load of 1up 1 downs made , Just knocked a couple of clipped downs for the whitings and rays, just need to make a couple of boom rigs incase they are fishing. Got some crab but hoping to get more friday or will use frozen, got 5 trays of whites in the fridge for me and Les and got 8 ragworm in a tray , been there for 3 weeks and are perfect. will put them in paper the night before to toughen them up. Mackerel , sandeel and squid in freezer. Tackle wise, put a sea quiver tip rod in in case the fish are shy biting, put a 15ft conoflex frenzy which is quite soft tipped in good for the eels and small codling and a daiwa TDZ 13" 6" , heavier rod with a match tip for bigger codling , rays and distance work, Pendulum casting banned in this match so longer rods better for OHT ( over head Thump) or OTG (off the Ground) casting . Will be using 3-4 oz bombs and watch leads early on then going heavier at distance 6-7oz grips. fixed spools for close in work ( more accurate and dont have to worry about overuns) Powerfull Penn 525 mags for distance Best tip i could give for here is to use small baits for the codling and eels. Havent fished this weekend so am really looking foward to it. I reckon, and hope , it will take 15 to 25 fish to win it Will give a report early next week. Cheers. Steve Trish.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 18:36

The alt in march always proves to be a good match so really looking forward to it too
Back to top Go down
benh

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 15:23

ste trish wrote:
Mal's already set the date Ben , 13th march i think 3-7. Bring it on!

nice one ste, cant wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
benh

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 15:21

mark a wrote:
who said i was good at Llandudno Question Question

not sure Mark, couldnt believe it myself either Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
bens dad

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 12:07

always nice Marko - there is love in the room affraid
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 11:24

River Alt Sunday 13th March.

Thought i'd let you all know its my birthday and Meghan is fishing so 'be nice'
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 11:22

I could take offence at the comments that have been posted on his posting
That is 'if i gave a S**t' Laughing
Back to top Go down
bens dad

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 01:44

ste trish wrote:
u did Very Happy Wink cheers
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2011, 23:51

u did Very Happy Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 20:01

who said i was good at Llandudno Question Question
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 17:57

Mal's already set the date Ben , 13th march i think 3-7. Bring it on!
Back to top Go down
benh

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 08:15

ste trish wrote:
Mike Emery will help us out on the tope in the IOM. Hoping to go over to the Moggs eye open on the east coast for the smoothies.
Looking forward to the Alt myself. Steven junior cant wait, might even get the mrs to come and wet a line! Looking at Dates for the clubmans league already. This years ends on th 28/2/ and the new one start on 1/5

Everyone likes a good flounder session, what date you looking at steve Question
Back to top Go down
benh

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2011, 08:12

mark a wrote:
Ben
are you and 'bad back' going to fish llandudno with the P.M.s on march 6th

yes Very Happy i was told you are good at llandudno Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bens dad

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 11:41

mark a wrote:
Ben
certainly are boyo - how about yourself?
Back is still not good BTW at least I can wipe my #### now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 11:23

Ben
Back to top Go down
bens dad

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 01:07

sounds like the start of a plan ere cheers
Back to top Go down
broughy

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 23:52

Thats a great idea Steve, be really interesting to see how you prepare for these matches...God knows I could do with a few tips!!!
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 21:46

Mike Emery will help us out on the tope in the IOM. Hoping to go over to the Moggs eye open on the east coast for the smoothies.
Looking forward to the Alt myself. Steven junior cant wait, might even get the mrs to come and wet a line! Looking at Dates for the clubmans league already. This years ends on th 28/2/ and the new one start on 1/5
Back to top Go down
benh

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 20:49

mark a wrote:
well Steve, some club members will find your posts interesting, me anyway at least mate, the way i'm fishing i need all the help i can get Laughing

hope to fish more matches this year too, am going to pick and choose the ones i fancy not just all of them, need to concentrate on the penn clu league this year after last year's was virtually a washout due to work.
might try and get some specimen trips in too.
hopefully going to sort some coach trips out too, need some help with the venues, got Borth need somewhere different instead of pwllheli.
fancy the Isle of Man for some beach tope fishing.looking forward to the Alt match as Meghan is going to fish her first club match and she cant wait.
Mark

let us no if you are going, we are gunna go over there for a session for the tope with one of the locals we know Wink
Back to top Go down
benh

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 20:48

nice one steve, it will be good to read and pick up some more tips Very Happy

Mark - How about a smoothie hunt on the east coast mate, there will be other species around there too, bass,flounder,rays,
Back to top Go down
bens dad

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 19:21

nice one steve should be really helpful, I agree with Mark too, he needs all the help he can get Wink

Mark - we would be up for some pleasure sessions and could discuss venues if youre up for it bud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Preparation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation   Preparation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preparation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next